Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

All About Luggage

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.

Re: All About Luggage

Postby JessicaChang84 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 pm

I try to always pack light if I can, especially if travelling with budget airlines as there is the option to not pay for baggage if we are only bringing carry-ons. The children's clothes I will always roll up tightly.

JessicaChang84
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby JassyT » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:43 am

My new favourite suitcase, Rimowa Salsa Air. Great price, excellent durability, feathery lightweight! A great travel companion indeed~

JassyT
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:12 am

I am looking to buy a Samsonite Lite-Shock.
The price is Euro489 on its Germany website.

Anyone knows whether the Samsonite store at Frankfurt Airport T1 Area B level 2 is located pre-security or after check-in?

If it is located after check-in, I should be able to arrange for bulky item check-in prior to boarding the plane, correct?

MTIA

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zappy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:16 pm

Jennifer wrote:I am looking to buy a Samsonite Lite-Shock.

Anyone knows whether the Samsonite store at Frankfurt Airport T1 Area B level 2 is located pre-security or after check-in?

If it is located after check-in, I should be able to arrange for bulky item check-in prior to boarding the plane, correct?

MTIA

Actually, if you are buying Samsonite, try amazon.co.uk
The prices are pretty good and even afte paying for shipment to Sg, it's still significantly cheaper than getting it locally. I got my 26" S'cure for £147 inclusive of shipping to SG.

Ps: The Lite-Shock 75cm is listed as £258 on amazon U.K.

Zappy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Estéema » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Anyone heard of Snowball brand fr France?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Zeit » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:35 pm

MTIA

Jennifer
Don't remember seeing it inside.
Should be pre-security at Shopping Blvd at T1 Concourse B according to their Terminal Map. It's at the Shopping Blvd accessible by the public, meaning maybe got VAT imposed.

https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en/tr ... evard.html

If you purchase a bulky item after security check, you can always get the boutique to ship to your Singapore address.

If you purchase it via FRA online shopping website, then their shipping is within Germany and EU only. Please contact them to double check on your own.

Why don't you buy Germany's No. 1 brand Rimowa instead of Samsonite? It's odd to buy US brand luggage when in Germany.

Buy from Galeria Kaufhof or Karstadt (or Kadewe@Berlin), then claim VAT refund. That's an alternative.

Zeit
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Zappy wrote:

MTIA

Actually, if you are buying Samsonite, try amazon.co.uk
The prices are pretty good and even afte paying for shipment to Sg, it's still significantly cheaper than getting it locally. I got my 26" S'cure for £147 inclusive of shipping to SG.

Ps: The Lite-Shock 75cm is listed as £258 on amazon U.K.

Zappy,

:thankyou:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Zeit wrote:

MTIA

Jennifer
Don't remember seeing it inside.
Should be pre-security at Shopping Blvd at T1 Concourse B according to their Terminal Map. It's at the Shopping Blvd accessible by the public, meaning maybe got VAT imposed.

https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/en/tr ... evard.html

If you purchase a bulky item after security check, you can always get the boutique to ship to your Singapore address.

If you purchase it via FRA online shopping website, then their shipping is within Germany and EU only. Please contact them to double check on your own.

Why don't you buy Germany's No. 1 brand Rimowa instead of Samsonite? It's odd to buy US brand luggage when in Germany.

Buy from Galeria Kaufhof or Karstadt (or Kadewe@Berlin), then claim VAT refund. That's an alternative.

Zeit,

:thankyou:

I was looking at both brands, just in case one of the choices was not available at the store, then would still have an alternative .

:wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:52 pm

saw Winning Marketing at CCK Lot 1, its luggages are very affordable.

Anyone using theirs?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Ideas

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres