All About Luggage

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
hquek
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:72

Post by hquek » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Just a note for those whose luggage were damaged upon arrival. if you have the time, you can actually lodge a claim and the airline will repair it for you (or replace).

My sis brought my luggage to china, and it was damaged there (some plastic pc dropped off). Upon her return to SG, she went to the airline office (I think it was within the security area) to make her claim. They replaced with a brand new samsonite! delivered to our doorstep. I think they will note the problem. Then they will pickup from our house (can't imagine her unpacking all her barang from the bag in the airport) and drop off the repaired/new item.

Another time, MIL's handle got torn off. THis time they only replaced the handle (no new bag for her).

tankee
Site Admin
Total Likes:28

Post by tankee » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:01 pm

MMM wrote:....On the 2nd last day, we decided to put the dustin in the luggage and they finally got the message :D
:rotflmao:

simplejan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

yes samsonite...watch out for sale

Post by simplejan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:19 pm

hi all,

i like samsonite luggages too!

i got mine from robinsons during their great sale so it's like 20% off or so...do watch out for bargains.

cookieandmonster
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by cookieandmonster » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:46 pm

hquek wrote:Just a note for those whose luggage were damaged upon arrival. if you have the time, you can actually lodge a claim and the airline will repair it for you (or replace).

My sis brought my luggage to china, and it was damaged there (some plastic pc dropped off). Upon her return to SG, she went to the airline office (I think it was within the security area) to make her claim. They replaced with a brand new samsonite! delivered to our doorstep. I think they will note the problem. Then they will pickup from our house (can't imagine her unpacking all her barang from the bag in the airport) and drop off the repaired/new item.

Another time, MIL's handle got torn off. THis time they only replaced the handle (no new bag for her).
Wow..which airline is this?

loner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by loner » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Anyone has any idea where and when is Samsonite warehouse sales? (Was told its much cheaper to purchase luggage there)

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by vlim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:48 pm

just brought my samsonite luggage to repair the broken wheel at Singapore plaza..the sales rep told me as my luggage is a old model so got to indent the wheel from Hong Kong and will take a few weeks plus it will cost me $100 :| .....end up I bring my luggage to a repair shop at Geylang..$80 for 4 wheels :| ...emmm spoil my mood of the day.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Think HK is a good place to get Samsonite luggage especially at the City Gate factory outlet.

I just got another samsonite during our recent trip. It was the same model (with slight modifications) as what I got 3 yrs back from HK (parklane travel shop). It's gg at $320 and the same model will cost me at least $460 during "warehouse" sale in Singapore at Suntec and $550 for "normal" price. I saw the same luggage when I sent mine for repair at Plaza Singapura.

So those travelling to HK might want to consider buying a luggage there.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by vlim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:30 pm

think the wheels cannot tahan my 11 days free and easy trip in Europe last dec...all giving ways :wink:

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 pm

vlim wrote:think the wheels cannot tahan my 11 days free and easy trip in Europe last dec...all giving ways :wink:
Samsonite are usually quite lasting.

During Delsey warehouse sale, I overheard a guy saying that his luggage cannot tahan 2 US trips, etc.... and he is bent on buying a Delsey because it last :roll:

But my 3 yr old samsonite tahan at least 5 US trips and numerous regional travels and it is fully packed when I am back. As I usually bring a spare bag :oops: Only the expansion zip gave way so they fixed it for me FOC.

Err... maybe I should consider using my new luggage for my forthcoming US trip. Hubby had a really bad experience with the Delsey luggage this year during his US trip. That only lasted 2 times. :!: It's terrible to be overseas with a broken luggage.

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by vlim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:15 pm

not really lah.... actually one of the wheels was replaced once back from Europe...but now the repair guy said all got to change as there are crack line...And I have another samsonite luggage, a screw from the pulling handle drop off...