All About Luggage

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:23 pm

vlim wrote:not really lah.... actually one of the wheels was replaced once back from Europe...but now the repair guy said all got to change as there are crack line...And I have another samsonite luggage, a screw from the pulling handle drop off...
Yah I think depends on the model as well.. my parents have a hardcase spinner and the bottom part cracked. Also the number lock will jump so you cannot find back the code.... I personally prefer to lock the luggage using external locks.

I once had a colleague (15 yrs ago), he was in his 20's then but he carries those hardcase brief case. Maybe he thinks that made him look more mature. So we travelled together for a trip. When he reached the hotel... he could not open his briefcase as it had number lock :!: So both of us spent the next 1 hour alternating trying from 000 to 999. I even suggested to him to use something to ply open his briefcase :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by vlim » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:31 pm

MMM wrote:
vlim wrote:not really lah.... actually one of the wheels was replaced once back from Europe...but now the repair guy said all got to change as there are crack line...And I have another samsonite luggage, a screw from the pulling handle drop off...
Yah I think depends on the model as well.. my parents have a hardcase spinner and the bottom part cracked. Also the number lock will jump so you cannot find back the code.... I personally prefer to lock the luggage using external locks.

I once had a colleague (15 yrs ago), he was in his 20's then but he carries those hardcase brief case. Maybe he thinks that made him look more mature. So we travelled together for a trip. When he reached the hotel... he could not open his briefcase as it had number lock :!: So both of us spent the next 1 hour alternating trying from 000 to 999. I even suggested to him to use something to ply open his briefcase :wink:
:laugh:
I think if the wheels going to crack again after this repair...I am not going to send for repair again... :x ..not worth it..I think I should get another new one instead.
:roll:

steveken
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by steveken » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 pm

Samsonite luggage are known for its quality and they come at a price. I have been using Samsonite Xenon 360 Spinner Mobile Office for the past 1 year. It has four multi-directional wheels for easy mobility, padded laptop compartment for ultimate protection and 3 year warranty. Just right for $135.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Which brand of luggage is good?

Post by SAHM_TAN » Sun May 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Hi,

Need help. Looking for a luggage, middle size, wheels that can go 360.

Could any parents recommend brand that is good, can withstand rough handling. I'm not sure what's a good budget, maybe below $200?

TIA :smile:

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Which brand of luggage is good?

Post by SAHM_TAN » Tue May 31, 2011 3:35 pm

WCW wrote:polo ralph? i have one medium sized with me for 10 years still in very gd condition
Thanks for the suggestion

yqyq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by yqyq » Tue May 31, 2011 4:05 pm

Samsonite and Sisley...so far so good...

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by SAHM_TAN » Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 pm

yqyq wrote:Samsonite and Sisley...so far so good...
Thanks, will compare the various brands suggested :smile:

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:72

Post by hquek » Tue May 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Samsonite will bust your budget for sure - but I do like that brand and it keeps well. I think generally polo ralph, delsey...are ok. GSS is a good time to be looking.

Just remember that weight of the luggage is equally impt - if the luggage itself feels heavy, you're not going to be able to pack too many things in.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by SAHM_TAN » Tue May 31, 2011 4:33 pm

hquek wrote:Samsonite will bust your budget for sure - but I do like that brand and it keeps well. I think generally polo ralph, delsey...are ok. GSS is a good time to be looking.

Just remember that weight of the luggage is equally impt - if the luggage itself feels heavy, you're not going to be able to pack too many things in.
Thanks for the tip :smile:

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by SAHM_TAN » Tue May 31, 2011 4:33 pm

WCW wrote:go to OG they have alot of good ones
and also rem to keep the receipt of ur luggage, incase u bought travel insurance and ur luggage got damaged, u can get back a new luggage for ur next trip :wink:
Thanks