All About Luggage

School terms keep kids in school and parents sane. Holidays can be boring to kids if they are left alone. Discuss vacation ideas and how to make good use of the free time for both children and adults.
hquek
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:72

Re: Which brand of luggage is good?

Post by hquek » Tue May 31, 2011 4:40 pm

If your luggage gets spoilt by the airline, you can ask them to repair it or change it for you. My sis kena a few times and she managed to get brand new samsonite 4 wheeler in exchange for a samsonite 2 wheeler that the airline spoilt. But I hear that these days, they tend to repair more than replace.

Just have to report the damage at the airlines office within the restricted area. They will have to see that the luggage is damaged and may ask to pick up from your place days later.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by SAHM_TAN » Tue May 31, 2011 4:48 pm

hquek wrote:If your luggage gets spoilt by the airline, you can ask them to repair it or change it for you. My sis kena a few times and she managed to get brand new samsonite 4 wheeler in exchange for a samsonite 2 wheeler that the airline spoilt. But I hear that these days, they tend to repair more than replace.

Just have to report the damage at the airlines office within the restricted area. They will have to see that the luggage is damaged and may ask to pick up from your place days later.
This is something I did not know. Thanks :smile:

So must always take the effort to feedback about poor service or in this case poor handling of luggage :smile:

hquek
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:72

Post by hquek » Tue May 31, 2011 4:58 pm

I didn't know until my sis tried also. Was amazed. Handle come off, wheels 'senget' - all they have to handle. But good to know lah. :-)

eurostar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: All About Luggage

Post by eurostar » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:18 am

anybody know how much to repair a luggage?
1 side of my luggage cannot be locked

eurostar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by eurostar » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:19 am

so far I only owned Lojel luggage http://www.lojel.co.jp/
remember 10 yrs ago price is quite reaosnable but last mth get 1 more the price increase so much

quirkymum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by quirkymum » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:41 am

If you are travelling to US or Europe, you can get Samsonite luggages at rather cheap prices at their factory outlets. I got my Samsonite from Woodbury in New York, caused only a fraction of the original cost.

Chengg
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Chengg » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Which part of New York is Woodbury? I may be going to NY for a short business trip.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Post by MMM » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:24 pm

Chengg wrote:Which part of New York is Woodbury? I may be going to NY for a short business trip.
You can refer to the link below for woodbury. It's a very big outlet mall with many brands. I have been there twice this year.
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7

But you need to consider the transport cost to woodbury...unless you are driving. In NY, you can also check out if they have outlet tours. We did that in Boston before. Like a day tour to outlet.

My hotel is near to a mall but not to outlet. It would easily cost US$300 for a return trip to the outlet. Fortunately, I have a nice colleague who always drive me there for free and he was kind to help look after the stuff. Otherwise I would rather spend that US$300 shopping at the nearby mall.

So far, I got my samsonite from HK outlet mall at Tung chung? It's really cheap compared to Singapore.

Chengg
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Chengg » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 pm

So Woodbury is in the outskirts, looks like need to travel quite a bit to get there. Is it worth it? Anything besides Samsonite that is worth getting? I told my dw about it and she asked me to get her some prada bags there if they are cheap. Any idea if it is worth it?

I have not been to HK before. But thank you for the information about Tung Chung, if my brother makes his yearly trip down, I can ask him to help me get a samsonite:)

quirkymum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by quirkymum » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:11 am

Yes it is worth it, there are a lot of shops at Woodbury, DKNY, Armani Exchange, Gucci etc. Generally for some of the things, I could get them at almost 50%-60% off the usual prices. And now that the US currency is weak, the price comparison would be even better.