Maths tuition for P5 in Serangoon

Use this forum if you are looking for individual services (eg. Part-time maid, tutors, plumber) KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days

Maths tuition for P5 in Serangoon

Postby serenetml » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:57 pm

Anybody has a good tutor to recommend?

serenetml
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Maths tuition for P5 in Serangoon

Postby FireBlazen » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi,

Are you still looking for a tutor? Email me @ fireblazen@gmail.com. I am a student giving tuition for pocket money, not an agent. Thanks.

FireBlazen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby SarChar » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:30 pm

If you dont mind Hougang MRT area, you can call Mr Tan 96955327 home based ex-teacher. My girl is in his pri 6 class. Now my girl is already doing revision papers to prepare for PSLE and she can do very chim chim problem sums questions. always scored 56 or 58 marks/60 marks for problem sums.

keep my fingers CROSSed.

SarChar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby alfretztay » Sun May 25, 2014 1:58 pm

serenetml wrote:Anybody has a good tutor to recommend?

Greetings to all parents and guardian who happen to see this post,

I am Alfretz Tay, a full-time result-oriented educator with more than 10 years of experience in coaching mainly primary and lower secondary school students in EMS and EM respectively. In addition, I am also an MOE-registered trainer who have been conducting various enrichment courses, including Mathematics, Mathematics Olympiad and Science enrichment classes, in more than thirty local schools since 2009.

For 2013, I had successfully aided a P3 girl in passing both her CA2 and SA2 Math after she failed her SA1 Math. Also, one of my P6 students had consistently been passing his Math tests and examinations, attaining an "A" for his preliminary as well as PSLE Math 2013, after his parents engaged me as his Math tutor. He had failed his SA1 Math in 2012 then. For the PSLE 2012, one of my P6 students scored "A"s for EMS while another scored B, A and A* for EMS respectively. Also, a lower secondary student managed to score "A"s in both 2011(Sec 1) and 2012(Sec 2) for Maths after engaging me as his tutor. He had attained a "B" in his PSLE Maths. Further away in 2009, a student, the youngest of three brothers, scored A* for both Mathematics and Science and "A" for English in the PSLE 2009 and is presently studying in Victoria School. His eldest and elder brothers had scored A* for Mathematics and Science respectively in their respective PSLEs. Both are presently in NUS with the former majoring in Statistics and the latter in Bio-engineering. In 2008, I managed to successfully coach a P6 student to obtaining an "A" for his PSLE Maths. His mother had engaged me as his tutor after he failed his school PSLE preliminary Maths papers then.
My rates are S$80 and S$100 for each 1.5h and 2h one-to-one lesson respectively. However, you could stop engaging me after any lesson if you find that I am not worth the rate that I charge. Also, all the parents of my students agree with me that in order to avoid any misunderstanding, I would collect the fee before I conduct each lesson. If you are still interested in engaging me as your child's/children's tutor, please email your full address, preferred days and timings to alfretztay@gmail.com and I will give you a reply asap.

Warmest regards and have a wonderful week ahead,
Tay Shuh Teck, Alfretz
"I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end." -- Abraham Lincoln

alfretztay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby alfretztay » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:49 pm

Greetings to all parents and guardians who happen to see this post,

I am Alfretz Tay, a full-time result-oriented educator with more than 10 years of experience in coaching mainly primary and lower secondary school students in EMS and EM respectively. In addition, I am also an MOE-registered trainer who have been conducting various enrichment courses, including Mathematics, Mathematics Olympiad and Science enrichment classes, in more than thirty local schools since 2009.

For 2013, I had successfully aided a P3 girl in passing both her CA2 and SA2 Math after she failed her SA1 Math. Also, one of my P6 students had consistently been passing his Math tests and examinations, attaining an "A" for his preliminary as well as PSLE Math 2013, after his parents engaged me as his Math tutor. He had failed his SA1 Math in 2012 then. For the PSLE 2012, one of my P6 students scored "A"s for EMS while another scored B, A and A* for EMS respectively. Also, a lower secondary student managed to score "A"s in both 2011(Sec 1) and 2012(Sec 2) for Maths after engaging me as his tutor. He had attained a "B" in his PSLE Maths. Further away in 2009, a student, the youngest of three brothers, scored A* for both Mathematics and Science and "A" for English in the PSLE 2009 and is presently studying in Victoria School. His eldest and elder brothers had scored A* for Mathematics and Science respectively in their respective PSLEs. The former has just recently graduated from NUS after majoring in Statistics while the latter is completing his Bio-engineering degree course. In 2008, I managed to successfully coach a P6 student to obtaining an "A" for his PSLE Maths. His mother had engaged me as his tutor after he failed his school PSLE preliminary Maths papers then.
My rates are S$80 and S$100 for each 1.5h and 2h one-to-one lesson respectively. However, you could stop engaging me after any lesson if you find that I am not worth the rate that I charge. Also, all the parents of my students agree with me that in order to avoid any misunderstanding, I would collect the fee before I conduct each lesson. If you are still interested in engaging me as your child's/children's tutor, please email your full address, preferred days and timings to alfretztay@gmail.com and I will give you a reply asap.

Tay Shuh Teck, Alfretz
"I do the very best I know how - the very best I can; and I mean to keep on doing so until the end." -- Abraham Lincoln

alfretztay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby genevieveyeoshihui » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:50 am

Hi, I am Genevieve, currently a Y3 NUS student. I have been a tutor for 4 years now and I can teach math, english, science (primary), math, bio, general science (sec), bio (jc). My main interest is in math and science. My previous students all improved and did very well in their exams. They got As. I live in Serangoon. Please message me at 91991022 if interested. I am now going 21 years old. Thank you! I have a lot of patience and will try my best to help your child ace his/her exams!

genevieveyeoshihui
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MissNg_TuitionAcademy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:18 am

I am a patient and dedicated tutor with more than 4 years of tutoring experience that focus on coaching students who are weaker in their subject. I am specialized in teaching Mathematics and Chinese.

Teaching style:
- Understanding student's preferred learning style
- Aim to create a fun environment
- Assess gaps in knowledge.
- Develop plans to achieve measurable goals

Areas of focus:
- Strengthen the foundation
- Commonly made mistakes

Materials used in tuition - will be provided by me:
1. Assessment Book
2. Notes and worksheets
3. Past year school examination papers

Rates are affordable too!

Contact me now @ MissNg_TuitionAcademy@outlook.com

MissNg_TuitionAcademy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jarodjj » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Dear Parents,

I am a full time tutor with 2 years of tutoring experience in the following subjects:
Primary English, Maths and Science, Chinese
Lower Secondary English, Maths, Science, Chinese
Upper Secondary English, E.Maths, A.Maths, Chemistry. I have also taught in secondary school for 4 months. I am a tutor who is passionate about teaching. I have also brought my students for outings to let them learn more as I feel that lessons cannot be confined to indoor classes.

If your child is looking to improve his / her results, I will be able to help. In my 2 years as a tutor (including the 4-month teaching in school), I have helped countless students achieve their desired grades in their final exams as well as national exams (PSLE, N Levels, O Levels). My students improved by at least 10 marks for each subject that I teach.

My teaching methods:

I go through concepts in each topic examples, informing the students what type of questions they should expect. I will let the students practice some questions using assessment books and even some question papers that I personally set. When I go through the answers, I will teach them how to improve the answers in order to get more marks

I currently have 7 + 2 (pending) students

My schedule is as follows:
Monday – 9.00am to 9.00pm (except 2pm to 4pm)
Tuesday – 9.00am to 9.00pm (except 2pm to 4pm)
Wednesday – 9.00am to 9.00pm
Thursday – 9.00am to 9.00pm
Friday – 9.00am to 9.00pm
Saturday – 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Sunday – 6.00pm to 9.00pm

To find out more, please email your queries to jjtuition@hotmail.com or call/sms 8654 7932 (Mr Jarod) or you can visit my website www.jjtuition.weebly.com.

jarodjj
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby alfretztay » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Dear parents and guardians,

Thank you for your support.

This posting is made on behalf of my fellow trainers, who are graduates and/or NIE-trained.

If you require assistance in coaching your children in their studies, especially Math, just send an email with the relevant details to alfretztay@gmail.com and they will contact you directly; thank you very much.

Tay Shuh Teck, Alfretz

alfretztay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby amkhometuition » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:22 am

amkhometuition
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Looking For...