Sec 1 Maths

Use this forum if you are looking for individual services (eg. Part-time maid, tutors, plumber) KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days

Sec 1 Maths

Postby weilingohwl » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Any advice for Sec 1 Maths?

My eldest is doing NA maths, but aiming to go express in sec 2.

Thanks!

weilingohwl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Sec 1 Maths

Postby Lulufied » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:31 am

Hello, sec 1 maths is very different from primary school and many students who may not have done very well for PSLE all have a good chance in excelling in sec maths if they start with the correct foundation. :rahrah:
In fact, many students find sec 1 math easier than P6 math.
So I would suggest getting a good tutor to help him set the foundation right, or if you want to DIY, you can use the many good available assessment books out there at Popular book shop! Casco's Mathematics Tutor is a very comprehensive and well structured supplementary material.
All the best!

Lulufied
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ReachTutor » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:54 am

Lulufied wrote:Hello, sec 1 maths is very different from primary school and many students who may not have done very well for PSLE all have a good chance in excelling in sec maths if they start with the correct foundation. :rahrah:
In fact, many students find sec 1 math easier than P6 math.
So I would suggest getting a good tutor to help him set the foundation right, or if you want to DIY, you can use the many good available assessment books out there at Popular book shop! Casco's Mathematics Tutor is a very comprehensive and well structured supplementary material.
All the best!

I totally agree with you Lulufied. Having taught sec 1 Maths myself, I have also find teaching Sec 1 Math is easier than P6 Math. My advice to weilingohwl is to continue encouraging your DC in his/her studies, be it maths or other subjects. Parental support is very important, and I wish to emphasise that encouragement =/= stressing him/her. Encouragement could be given in terms of words etc. Focus on the positive.

Also, if you ever need a tutor, you can drop me a PM and I can recommend you one. :smile:

ReachTutor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby fourkids » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:08 am

My son is currently in Sec 1. He did ok for his mid-year, but i think his confidence is going downhill; mainly because he got a B for his PSLE Maths (he was doing pretty well all along in Pri school). Recently, he asked me for tuition in his Maths.

Honestly, i can't be his coach (i can guide him a little) because i have always suck at Maths myself. Would anyone here be able to recommend a good Maths tutor/ tuition centre? I'm residing in Punggol Central. Thanks

fourkids
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Rejoin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:26 am

When it comes to maths, there are 2 main principles:
1) Understanding why certain equations are true.
2) Practise, practise, practise.

Most schools (teachers) don't explain very well the "whys", they only explain the "how". "How you solve this".. the other way is to practise (rote learning).

Parents, you have a part to supervise him as he does his homework conscientiously. That can at least ensure a B.

Rejoin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby weilingohwl » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:45 am

You may give Mr Tan a call at 93877441 :)

weilingohwl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MrJonathan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:16 pm

[quote="Moomin study"]Nowadays it is very difficult to have a teacher in school who can inspire n motivate the students that maths has its value in solving real-life problems except this male teacher. He has helped my children to comprehend the purpose of learning n mastering maths.[/quote]

im good too.
MrJonathan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Mr. Patrick Li » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:44 pm

Hi,

I can help your child in achieving the desired grade

The following is my background and details for you to have a fair evaluation on me as an effective educator.

I am a full time tutor who has 9 years of teaching experience. I viewed education a as a character moulding process for the student.

Subjects
- Maths (P1 to Sec 4, all types of mathematics including Additional Mathematics)
- Physics (Sec 1 to J2 excluding H3 Physics)
- Chemistry (Sec 1 to Sec 4)

- I live in Bishan (However, I am willing to travel as I drive. Rate will differ for different location)

Provides
- One to one tuition
- Group tuition (At student's place/My place)

Highest Education Qualification: Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Honours) from National University of Singapore

Achieved Top 10 ranking in leading Tuition Agency in Singapore (StarTutor). Please visit http://startutor.sg/pro.patrick

Total Number of Students Taken till now: 120
Distinction Rate: 50%
B3 and Above: 93%

Should there be any enquiry, please contact me through 96377967 (WhatsApp, SMS, Line, Call)

Mr. Patrick Li
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Sec 1 Maths - Math Lab in Bukit Timah (near SCGS)

Postby VC Koh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:50 am

Hi,

I am from Math Lab, and we will be starting 2 new classes in Bukit Timah for those who need Math tuition (Sec 1 to 4). Class in the afternoons and for $40/hr. Each session is 2 hours.

I will be the tutor. My profile can be viewed below.

Please contact me if there is interest.

Thanks,
VC Koh

VC Koh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby yourprivatetutor » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:53 pm

am a full time tutor providing One to One and Group Tuition ( Max 2 students to ensure students receive sufficient attention) in Bukit Panjang/Woodands. I provide English, Math and Science Lessons to Primary ,Secondary level as well as AEIS Prep course

No matter in which stages or categories of examination preparation the students are in or he/she is particularly weak in all subjects . I have something, which will benefit them.

Each and every child is unique. My teaching methods will be catered to different child based on the assessment done on or the first lesson. This is to ensure that your child will benefit fully. Impromptu Test will be given and past year examination papers given to prepare students for CA1, SA1, CA2 & SA2 .

Thanks
Mrs Loh

yourprivatetutor
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Looking For...