Looking for - Secondary School Tuition \ Enrichment

Use this forum if you are looking for individual services (eg. Part-time maid, tutors, plumber) KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:4

Re: Looking for - Secondary School Tuition \ Enrichment

Post by iwork » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:23 pm

iwork wrote:Tuition for 2017

Most secondary schools and primary schools would have completed EOY exam by now, if not next week.

So, it is time of the year to sit down and plan for your child for next year. Especially if he/she is taking National Exam in 2017.

In 2017, beside at Mdm Theo Learning Space on 2 days (Tuesday and Friday), I will personally take in about 9 sessions of assignment. My plan is to have 2 JC students, 5 N/O-Level students and may be 2 PSLE/other level students.

Rate: JC (from $70), Upper Sec (from $55), PSLE (from $50), Others (please call)

Location: North region, Woodlands, Yishun, Marsiling, Sembawang, Chua Chu Kang and Bukit Panjang
West region, Clementi and Jurong

Interested, please pm or Whatsapp me at 96300001 with info such as postal code, school, level, day/time, email (if you need me to send you more details on my qualification, experience) so that I can get back to you on fees.

Thanks.

Mr Quek
hp: 9630 0001

About me

Mr Quek Chin Ching is a math lecturer/tutor/trainer with more than 20 years of experience.

He has been teaching at Singapore Polytechnic , SIM and MDIS degree program since 1994. He is also an experience trainer (MOE registered) in Mathematics Enrichment program, in particular Mathematics Olympiad training for all levels. Raffles Girls' School (Secondary), MGS, Sembawang Sec, Hillgrove Sec, Woodgrove Pri, Kong Hwa Sch etc.

He has strong interest in solving mathematical puzzles/problems in secondary school and was awarded best individual performance in school competition. 

He studied in River Valley, National Junior CollegeG before graduating from NUS in 1988 with a Bachelor in Engineering. He then pursued Master of Science in Industrial Engineering in NUS and Master of Business Administration in SIM-UKOU. 
Update: Registered 2 students for 2017. 1 Sec 3 (E and A-Math), 1 PSLE.

secschbioteacher
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by secschbioteacher » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:36 am

Dear Parents,

I am a ex-MOE teacher with 8 years of teaching experience. I am well versed in GCE O Level syllabus in Pure Chemistry, Pure Biology, Combined Sciences (Bio/Chem), Combined Sciences (Phys/Chem) as well as Lower Secondary Science. I can explain abstract concepts in a succinct manner, making it easy for the slower students to understand me. The strength of my teaching is my ability to help weak students weed out the misconceptions conceived in their journey of learning science. I can help them to unlearn, understand and relearn important scientific concepts. Thereafter, once the student is able to understand scientific concepts well, I can work with him/her to improve his/her answering techniques, data-reading skills and analysis skills so that he/she can move towards a distinction grade eventually.

I provide practice worksheets and other school exam papers.

Currently I’m doing 1-to-1 or group tuition in Novena/Newton/Bukit Timah/Town/Boon Keng/Bendemeer/Potong Pasir/ Serangoon/Kovan area.

Expected tuition rate per hour:
1-1 tuition (at tutor’s place): $75/h (Upper Sec) $70/h (Lower Sec) – min 2 hrs (Postal Code 322104)
1-1 tuition (at students’ place): $80/h (Upper Sec) $75/h (Lower Sec) – min 2 hrs
Group tuition: Please sms to enquire.

New slots will be opening in Nov 2016 after the current batch of sec 4 students finishes their O level papers.
Please call or sms me at 90697409 to enquire for 2017 lessons.

Miss Koh
secschbioteacher.wordpress.com

yourprivatetutor
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by yourprivatetutor » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:18 pm

Tuition Services available in Bukit Panjang-Cashew Road

Offering both individual and small group tuition/coaching for Primary, Secondary and beyond.
​I aspire to cultivate students to strive for academic excellence and to show  their fullest potential

Myself
- Full time tutor with more than 10 years experience.
- Familiar with the current school syllabus
-Has access to various school past year exam papers to help students in their course of study
-Ability to help students to build up the essential problem solving skills

My Beliefs
Each and every child has his/her potential to learn and achieve with given  support and right attitude .I will be able to guide your child all the way through his studies, not half way.
As a parent myself,  I want to stress upon the fact that all child can learn, with the right  attitude and the right person to guide them.  

And I will be there for your child, doing the very best to educate  them. 

​Strategies :-
Each and every child is unique.To ensure that every child benefits fully. My teaching methods will be catered to individual child .
Teaching methods/strategy will be accordingly to the child's way of learning.
As each and very child is unique and there is never a single method that will benefit every child

http://urprivatetutor.weebly.com
Belle Loh

mathtuition88
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:16

Post by mathtuition88 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Recommended Tuition Agency:
Startutor is Singapore’s most popular online agency, providing tutors to your home. There are no extra costs for making a request. The tutors' certificates are carefully checked by Startutor.

(Link at: https://mathtuition88.com/)

There are many excellent tutors from RI, Hwa Chong, etc. at Startutor, teaching various subjects at all levels.
High calibre scholars from NUS/overseas universities like Stanford are also tutoring at Startutor.

(Link at: https://mathtuition88.com/)
(Please use the full link above directly, thanks!)

Fill in the request form in the link above to request for a tutor and our coordinators will attend to you within the day.
You get to enjoy the following:
▪ Free matching service
▪ No hidden charges
▪ Commission is charged from tutor

--------
Recommended Books for GEP: http://mathtuition88.com/2013/11/11/rec ... tion-test/

Recommended Resources for GAT DSA Test: http://mathtuition88.com/2014/06/27/gat ... ear-paper/

The Logic portion of GEP test / DSA test is not taught anywhere in the MOE syllabus, and hence the most challenging to prepare for. Your child would need to solve pattern recognition / logic questions, which is quite obviously not taught anywhere from Primary 1 to Primary 6. However, like all skills, these kind of logic puzzles can be taught, trained, and practiced!

Learniva
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Learniva » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:21 pm

Looking for holiday activities? We offer courses on Computing, Music, Sports, Languages and Tuition.

http://www.learniva.com/

ConnectPoint
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by ConnectPoint » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:55 pm

**MATHS/SCIENCE TUITION @ TOA PAYOH**

- Effective tuition by Scholar Tutor.

- 20 years teaching experience.

- Good teaching methods. Notes given.

- Proven track record!

- See testimonials at http://www.learn2develop.com/studentssay.html

** SOME OF THE TESTIMONIALS ....

" I was a student who was scoring 'C's and lower before I joined his tuition. Now I have 'A's for Maths and Science due to his good teaching and constant motivation." - Hui Teng (Student)

" Just within 6 to 7 months of his teaching, I have improved my Science from mid-year exam B4 to my end-year exam A1 ... Maths from D7 to A. " - Daniel Chan (Student).

" He is a trusted mentor who has shown my child the path to a bright future and has gained my confidence and respect like none other." - Audrey Tan (Parent)

For a free trial group lesson (subject to availability of slot), please call 97477383.
Website at http://www.learn2develop.com

hey.joane
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by hey.joane » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi parents and students! Are you looking for science tuition for PRIMARY 3-6 OR SECONDARY 3-5? My lessons include understanding concepts, enhancing answering technique and some hands-on activity!

I will be conducting some FREE CLASSES during December holiday too!!!

Contact me at 81835213

hey.joane
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by hey.joane » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:12 pm

Hi parents and students! Are you looking for science tuition for PRIMARY 3-6 OR SECONDARY 3-5? My lessons include understanding concepts, enhancing answering technique and some hands-on activity!

I will be conducting some FREE CLASSES during December holiday too!!!

Contact me at 81835213

mrcheongtutor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by mrcheongtutor » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:57 pm

Jurong West @ Blk 517 opposite Lakeside MRT. 3 mins walk! Shelter all the way.

Bright Stars Learning Hub

http://www.facebook.com/brightstarslearninghub

Preparing for the new academic year 2017, we are starting our primary & secondary prep tuition classes in November and December this year. Enquiries welcomed. Small class size. One to one individual attention.

Our tutors are experienced school teachers with many years of relevant teaching experiences in our respective subject areas. We innovate our lesson plans and scaffold them to support our learners in their process of learning at the various stages. Supporting the weak learners and challenging the able learners.

# Dedicated # Caring # Passionate # Qualified School Teachers #

Bright Stars Learning Hub

http://www.facebook.com/brightstarslearninghub

iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by iwork » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:27 pm

So the EOY result is out, and it is time to plan for 2017.

I have slots to take in new tuition assignment for 2017 intake. The class will start in Dec 2016 before the school reopen, so that we can refresh or clarify any concept.

Especially for those entering Sec3 or taking O-Level in 2017. It is important to start early.

I will also take in JC1 and JC2 students on H2 math as my students will complete their exam by this month.

Home tuition rate starts from $50/hr. PM me or WhatApps me at 96300001 to discuss on timing and actual rate.

Please visit my forum thread for more details.

https://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/foru ... 3&start=10

Thanks.

Mr Quek
hp: 9630 0001