Looking for - Secondary School Tuition \ Enrichment

Use this forum if you are looking for individual services (eg. Part-time maid, tutors, plumber) KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
raceheng
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Looking for - Secondary School Tuition \ Enrichment

Post by raceheng » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:39 pm

:goodpost:
Any learner (age 4 to 15) can master in MATHS! Enjoy quality coaching from a dynamic Maths coach who tailors lessons to specific students’ needs.

Dear Parents,

The SA2 exams are coming very soon… Is your child ready for the SA2 Maths exam?

Register your child for a FREE Diagnostics test Now to find out where are his/ her weak points in solving Maths Word problems.

1) Primary Maths classes to ace the final year exams!
2) Preparatory Secondary School A/E Maths to give your child a quick heads-up!

Maths Coach brief profile - Ms. Heng:
• Graduate of National University of Singapore (NUS)
• Aced all her Maths exams in all national level examinations
(PSLE Mathematics, GCE ‘O’ Level E&A Mathematics as well as GCE ‘A’ Level Mathematics)
Taught students from respectable Primary schools e.g. Nanyang Pri, RGPS, ACS Pri, MGS, De La Salle Pri, etc. with more than 90% of her students attaining more than 85% marks for Maths.
• For students who transferred to join her classes, there is 100% retention rate of students, which definitely proves her popularity with her students.

Having walked the path as a student herself previously, she understands fully the fears students may have towards Mathematics.

She is patient and dedicated, yet firm in making sure that her students understand the complex Heuristics Maths concepts and apply them into bit-sized workable solutions, especially for students who are fearful about solving word problems in the higher levels.

Ms. Heng often adapts her teaching methods appropriately to suit the needs of her students.

Ms. Heng is always ready to provide the necessary help to her students, so Contact her today!

SMS or Whatsapp Ms. Heng (Hp: 8618 7789) or email her at reiatuition@gmail.com

Well, there is no child who is not teachable, as long as they are willing to put their hearts to learning!!!

mathtuition88
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:16

Post by mathtuition88 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:47 pm

Maths Tuition

About Tutor (Mr Wu): https://mathtuition88.com/singapore-math-tutor/
– Raffles Alumni
– NUS 1st Class Honours in Mathematics
SMS: 98348087
Email: mathtuition88@gmail.com

Experience: More than 10 years experience, has taught H2 Maths to students from RJC, NJC, ACJC and many other JCs. Also has extensive experience teaching Additional Math, E Math (O Level, IP).

Patient, dedicated and good at explaining complicated concepts in a simple manner (see Testimonials of ex-students: https://mathtuition88.com/maths-tuition-testimonials/)
Teaches tips to check for careless mistakes, and also to remember and apply formulae.

Most student's problems in Maths fall into these categories:
1) Carelessness (Solution: Learn tips to check their answers for mistakes)
2) Cannot finish paper (Solution: Learn tips, shortcuts to speed up their working)
3) Forget the formula / method (Solution: learn tips and tricks to remember the formula)
4) Lack of knowledge / experience (Solution: Work with an experienced tutor who will highlight what is important, and also practice the typical questions that will actually come out in the exam)

Areas teaching (West / Central Singapore)

iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by iwork » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:40 pm

After this week, I will be able to take in a few new students to replace the slots left by the PSLE student. And more by Oct/Nov after the O-Level.

I am also be conducting Math Olympiad Training at Bukit Timah on Saturday and Sunday (with The Math Classroom, matholympiad.com.sg/) and Math Tuition at Clementi on Friday (with Mdm Theo Learning Space, mdmtheo.com). If you are interested to join any of the programs, please contact the respective centre.

I will start my own 2018 1-1 or group tuition (Math Olympiad or Math Tuition) in the beginning of December 2017, at least 1 month before the school starts. The schedule during December is flexible, probably in the morning or afternoon. But we will adjust the lesson schedule once the time table is confirmed.

I am looking for students staying in the North (Woodlands, Marsiling, Yew Tee) or West (Jurong or Clementi). My rate starts from $50/hr/pax depending on level, location and day/time.

WhatsApp me at 96300001 to secure your slots. Thanks.

Mr Quek
Math Olympiad Trainer (MOE registered)
Math Tutor (Primary, Secondary, JCs and Poly)

mathtuition88
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:16

Post by mathtuition88 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:40 pm

Maths Tuition

About Tutor (Mr Wu): https://mathtuition88.com/singapore-math-tutor/
– Raffles Alumni
– NUS 1st Class Honours in Mathematics

Experience: More than 10 years experience, has taught H2 Maths to students from RJC, NJC, ACJC and many other JCs. Also has extensive experience teaching Additional Math, E Math (O Level, IP).

Patient, dedicated and good at explaining complicated concepts in a simple manner (see Testimonials of ex-students: https://mathtuition88.com/maths-tuition-testimonials/)
Teaches tips to check for careless mistakes, and also to remember and apply formulae.

Most student's problems in Maths fall into these categories:
1) Carelessness (Solution: Learn tips to check their answers for mistakes)
2) Cannot finish paper (Solution: Learn tips, shortcuts to speed up their working)
3) Forget the formula / method (Solution: learn tips and tricks to remember the formula)
4) Lack of knowledge / experience (Solution: Work with an experienced tutor who will highlight what is important, and also practice the typical questions that will actually come out in the exam)

Areas teaching (West / Central Singapore)

fionanfj09
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by fionanfj09 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:24 pm

Need a tutor for your personal or child's learning needs?

No hidden cost, no service charge.
Send in a request now to begin matching!

Email: Contact@tutorsearchsingapore.com
Whatsapp: 8314-3611

If you are a tutor, you may register your profile with us at www.tutorsearchsingapore.com free of charge for assignments!

msyw
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by msyw » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Maths and Science Tuition by Experienced Full Time Tutor

I have been a full time tutor since 2008, and have thoroughly enjoyed teaching Maths and Science for the past 9 years.

Concepts are explained in simple terms, focus on common exam questions, new trends and commonly made mistakes

I coach lower secondary maths and science, N and O level Chemistry, Chemistry/Physics, A Math and E Math

2017 Prelim results
82% ≥ B3

2016 O LEVELS
75% Distinctions in Amaths, EMaths and Chemistry
100% B3 and better

2016 EOY Exams
90% ≥ B3
Sec 2 Maths and Science: C6 to High A1 in one term
Sec 3 Chemistry: F9 to B4 in one term

“Thank you for teaching me Chemistry for the past half a year. You teach in a way that is simple and easy to understand. You made difficult concepts seem easy. Somehow you knew that I know how to answer the question but I do not know how to phrase my answers and as a result, you drilled me a lot on this which therefore led to me finally passing Chem this year. So I feel grateful and thankful towards you for being so accurate in finding out my weakness, correcting it and making me like studying Chem again. Without you, I don't think I would be able to find the O level paper easy. May you continue to impact students and make them love Chem!”
' Miss Tan has tutored me in Combined Science (Chemistry) and E Maths for my O Level Exams. She has an excellent teaching style that is easy to pick up on and for me to adapt to. I have had no problems understanding her teaching. She shows how to properly do a task or work through problems and from there, she helps me master the task or solution problem. I have since been able to independently solve fairly challenging questions for both Chemistry and E Maths. This is thanks to using her demonstrated methods. With her calm and friendly demeanour, I am unafraid to ask for help when I do not understand something.
One of her best teaching methods is that she can easily summarise a complicated chapter into a flowchart or table, making it easier for me to retain in my memory and to recall during the examinations. I also appreciated her patience with me when she was tutoring me in E Maths. It gave me more confidence in trying out the questions as she did not "crowd" me for a correct answer.
So thank you Miss Tan :)'
“Highly committed teacher
Effective teaching methods and principles
Friendly yet firm towards student.
Makes effort to complete make up lessons
Frequent mini-tests keep student on toes”
"... always so patient, kind and understanding! I always enjoyed having tuition with you (I dont enjoy other tuition cause they are boring"
"... my concepts are getting stronger due to your help!"
Pedagogies and Strategies
Learning strategies to overcome fear in Maths and Science
Revision of frequently asked past year questions in school and national exams
Clarifying misconceptions in science topics, strategies in answering science structured questions.
Follow closely to MOE syllabus
Able to explain key concepts via systematic process
Spot trends in school’s papers
Have had experience teaching dyslexic students and they go on to achieve distinctions in school and national examinations.

Tuition held at 327 Serangoon Ave 3
Group sessions or 1-1
Materials: Assessment + Tutor's own
Customised intensive revision lessons are available upon request.

Please visit http://msywtutor.blogspot.sg/ for tuition slots
Kindly contact Miss Tan at achemtutor86@gmail.com directly to enquire further.

secschbioteacher
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by secschbioteacher » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:03 pm

Dear Parents,

I am a ex-MOE teacher with 9 years of teaching experience. I am well versed in GCE O Level syllabus in Pure Chemistry, Pure Biology, Combined Sciences (Bio/Chem), Combined Sciences (Phys/Chem) as well as Lower Secondary Science. I can explain abstract concepts in a succinct manner, making it easy for the slower students to understand me. The strength of my teaching is my ability to help weak students weed out the misconceptions conceived in their journey of learning science. I can help them to unlearn, understand and relearn important scientific concepts. Thereafter, once the student is able to understand scientific concepts well, I can work with him/her to improve his/her answering techniques, data-reading skills and analysis skills so that he/she can move towards a distinction grade eventually.

Currently I am teaching full-time at a private school but I still continue to give tuition as I find joy and satisfaction in helping students achieve their fullest potential. I have new slots opening up for 2018 after my current batch of Sec 4 O and N level students graduate.

Due to my full time job, I give tuition only at my place and I do not travel for assignments (postal code:322104 - one min walk from NE9 Boon Keng MRT).

1-1 tuition: $75/h
Private Group tuition: $37.5/h (min 2 students)

Pls msg me on my mobile 90697409 for queries.

Ms Koh

Schootopia
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by Schootopia » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:05 pm

Tutorial classes, or 1-1 Home Tuition.

Subjects: English, Chinese, Math, the Sciences
Levels: Primary to Junior College

Teachers:
* graduates of top Universities
* taught in school
* 10 - 25 years of teaching experiences

In our classes, we deconstruct the topics into simple, basic building blocks.

What we cover -

English Language:
We do a deep dive into the elements of the language. This is helpful for Paper 2 in primary schools, and for editing in secondary schools.
Writing -
We teach you, in details, a methodology to structure your writing for English situational and creative writing in primary schools, and for expository, argumentative and descriptive writing in secondary schools.
Comprehension -
Be introduced to different types of comprehension passages, and the process of active reading. Learn to identify types of questions. We teach you a framework for answering the different types of questions.
For secondary school students, we guide you to summarize using a simple step-by-step process.

Chinese Language:
Similarly, we cover in details, the different elements of the language and how to apply them. We teach the techniques to effortlessly write Chinese compositions.

The sciences and mathematics:
We break down the topics into really simple building blocks. We show you the relation to what you have learnt, and are going to learn.
We teach you the process skills, thinking skills and heuristics for maths problem-solving and scientific answering.
You will learn scientific vocabulary and concise writing.
From our experiences, you will be cued in on the topics to focus on.
Our lessons are interactive, relating classroom-learning to real-life applications.

You get bespoke materials.

We make learning simple and effortless for you.

Please visit:-

https://home-tuition.sg

:thankyou:

PS:We are the ones teaching. Not a tuition agency.[/size]

Nawas
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Nawas » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:20 pm

Hey parents!

I am offering personalized one-to-one coding/programming lessons to students or even yourself if you are keen. Equip your child with an increasingly essential skill which employers would be looking for in the years to come.

If you are interested, contact me @ nawas@live.com.sg.
Would love to have a conversation with you!

Schootopia
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by Schootopia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:44 am

:goodpost:
Schootopia wrote:Tutorial classes, or 1-1 Home Tuition.

Subjects: English, Chinese, Math, the Sciences
Levels: Primary to Junior College

Teachers:
* graduates of top Universities
* taught in school
* 10 - 25 years of teaching experiences

In our classes, we deconstruct the topics into simple, basic building blocks.

What we cover -

English Language:
We do a deep dive into the elements of the language. This is helpful for Paper 2 in primary schools, and for editing in secondary schools.
Writing -
We teach you, in details, a methodology to structure your writing for English situational and creative writing in primary schools, and for expository, argumentative and descriptive writing in secondary schools.
Comprehension -
Be introduced to different types of comprehension passages, and the process of active reading. Learn to identify types of questions. We teach you a framework for answering the different types of questions.
For secondary school students, we guide you to summarize using a simple step-by-step process.

Chinese Language:
Similarly, we cover in details, the different elements of the language and how to apply them. We teach the techniques to effortlessly write Chinese compositions.

The sciences and mathematics:
We break down the topics into really simple building blocks. We show you the relation to what you have learnt, and are going to learn.
We teach you the process skills, thinking skills and heuristics for maths problem-solving and scientific answering.
You will learn scientific vocabulary and concise writing.
From our experiences, you will be cued in on the topics to focus on.
Our lessons are interactive, relating classroom-learning to real-life applications.

You get bespoke materials.

We make learning simple and effortless for you.

Please visit:-

https://home-tuition.sg

:thankyou:

PS:We are the ones teaching. Not a tuition agency.[/size]