Looking for - Secondary School Tuition \ Enrichment

Use this forum if you are looking for individual services (eg. Part-time maid, tutors, plumber) KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days
PriSecMathSciTutor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Looking for - Secondary School Tuition \ Enrichment

Post by PriSecMathSciTutor » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:37 pm

Dear parents,

About myself
- Biomedical Science Graduate
- More than 10 years of continuous tutoring experience
- Taught at reputable tuition centers
- Committed, Responsible, Patient and with a positive and passionate attitude in life
- Positive encouragement to motivate and interest my students in continual learning
- Instilling confidence in students through lessons
- Crystal clear delivery of lessons and constructive feedback on how to improve
- Increase student's competency level and grasp of fundamental knowledge through identification of areas of weakness and regular practice
- Time management techniques and maximize performance potential
- Consolidated personalized attention, engaging and effective lesson delivery
- Well versed with current syllabus and answering techniques as well as expectations of current schools (PSLE, N Levels, O Levels)

Subjects
- Primary Mathematics
- Primary Science
- Upper Sec Combined Chemistry

Methodology
- Coaching through usage of relevant notes, step by step examples and TOP school papers
- Abstract concepts simplified and discussion of content knowledge
- Share exam tips, strategies and keywords
- Critical thinking and application of concepts
- Heuristic techniques (for primary school maths)
- Critical analysis (for primary school science)

Having the right skill set and mentality are the keys to success and any student can be successful if they master them through coaching and regular practice. Students will be able to show improvement as they work consistently towards their goals and with regular lessons.

I hope to be able to help your child and motivate them towards their desired goals.
Kindly contact Ms Tan at 84488342 for any enquires. You can also contact me for free advice with no obligations.

Contact me at 84488342 before the slots are all taken up.

Thanks.

EarthQuek
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by EarthQuek » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:10 pm

:smile: Good effort

msyw
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by msyw » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:51 pm

Secondary Maths and Science Tuition by Experienced Full Time Tutor

10 years experience

2019 O level Results
100% ≥ B3

2018 O level Results
100% ≥ B3

“Thank you for teaching me Chemistry for the past half a year. You teach in a way that is simple and easy to understand. You made difficult concepts seem easy. Somehow you knew that I know how to answer the question but I do not know how to phrase my answers and as a result, you drilled me a lot on this which therefore led to me finally passing Chem this year. So I feel grateful and thankful towards you for being so accurate in finding out my weakness, correcting it and making me like studying Chem again. Without you, I don't think I would be able to find the O level paper easy. May you continue to impact students and make them love Chem!”
' Miss Tan has tutored me in Combined Science (Chemistry) and E Maths for my O Level Exams. She has an excellent teaching style that is easy to pick up on and for me to adapt to. I have had no problems understanding her teaching. She shows how to properly do a task or work through problems and from there, she helps me master the task or solution problem. I have since been able to independently solve fairly challenging questions for both Chemistry and E Maths. This is thanks to using her demonstrated methods. With her calm and friendly demeanour, I am unafraid to ask for help when I do not understand something.
One of her best teaching methods is that she can easily summarise a complicated chapter into a flowchart or table, making it easier for me to retain in my memory and to recall during the examinations. I also appreciated her patience with me when she was tutoring me in E Maths. It gave me more confidence in trying out the questions as she did not "crowd" me for a correct answer.
So thank you Miss Tan :)'
“Highly committed teacher
Effective teaching methods and principles
Friendly yet firm towards student.
Makes effort to complete make up lessons
Frequent mini-tests keep student on toes”

“… patient and reliable tutor. I’ve been struggling with these subjects and she helped my grades improve significantly in my End-Of-Years. She pushes me to excel and has expectations of her students, however her efforts always pay off. I highly recommend Ms Tan for anyone who needs assistance for mathematics and Science.”
Pedagogies and Strategies
Learning strategies to overcome fear in Maths and Science
Strengthen understanding and clarifying misconception of concepts being taught in school
Refine answering techniques and use of key words in open-ended questions
Useful and effective thinking process for the tackling of problem sums to tackle harder and ‘new trend’ questions
Timely remediation of existing weakness and consistent revision of frequently asked past year questions in school and national exams
Follow closely to MOE syllabus
Able to explain key concepts via systematic process
Spot trends in school’s papers
Have had experience teaching dyslexic students and they go on to achieve distinctions in school and national examinations.

Tuition held at 327 Serangoon Ave 3
Group sessions or 1-1
Materials: Assessment + Tutor's own

Online 1-1 LIVE Online Tutoring in the comfort of your home/ 1-1 Help
No fixed schedule/ duration, book appointment when you need help. Appointments must be scheduled at least two hours in advance
No commitment, pay-as-you-go model

Crash course program available.

As slots are filling fast, do contact Ms Tan to secure your desired slot as soon as possible.

Thank you for viewing. :D

Ms Winnie Tan
Email: achemtutor86@gmail.com
WhatsApp: 82952915

mrandmrssiowstuition
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by mrandmrssiowstuition » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:58 pm

Mr and Mrs Siow’s Tuition

We are a husband and wife team with more than 25 years of teaching experience each. Our highest qualifications are Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) and Masters in Education respectively.
We teach from our home in Tampines and students are expected to travel to our place for tuition. Classes are conducted in small groups with individual teaching done at the pace of each student.
We have taught a gamut of students from various abilities and different backgrounds. No two children are the same, not even between siblings. We teach according to the needs and the ability of each individual child.

For parents who believe in old school systematic teaching and thorough explanation and marking, we are the right fit for you. We do our utmost to maximise the potential of each student. No gimmicks of guaranteed ‘A’s for results. We only demand that each child performs to the best of his ability.

Have a look at our webpage for more information.
http://www.mrandmrssiowstuition.com/

And don’t hesitate to leave us a message or enquiry via WhatsApp at 8679 7819

Wilson Yeo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Wilson Yeo » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Tuition Centre Closed? Fret Not!
Creative Teaching is here to assist you.
We have many Experienced Undergraduate Tutors providing both Online Tutoring or Private Home tutoring at your convenience.
We are also one of the only tutoring to provide Polytechnic tuition for Engineering Students by none other than our fresh graduated Top Polytechnic Engineering Students.
Currently we have tutors available for:

Mathematics
* Primary 1 - Primary 6
* Secondary 1 - Secondary 4 Elementary Mathematics
* Polytechnic Engineering Math I/II, Further Math
Chinese
* Primary 1 - Primary 6

WhatsApp +65 93239263 or Email CreativeTeaching247@gmail.com to discuss more about our tutoring service/rates or about our tutor profiles etc.

Thank you and hope everyone stay safe 😊.

Jeff1986MathsPhysics
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Jeff1986MathsPhysics » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:49 am

For parents whose kids require Online teaching of Maths and Physics.

Customized tutoring with interactive platform to enhance virtual learning experience is available now. Though lesson is done online, the effects are pretty much the same as 1 - 1 teaching and learning.

Value your enquiries.
Jeffrey

secschbioteacher
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by secschbioteacher » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:30 pm

Dear Parents

In view of current COVID-19 situation, I'm offering 1-1 or group tuition via online video conferencing tool like google meet and zoom. Mid-year exams may be cancelled but national exams like N/O levels are still on.
I am offering one-time 60mins online lesson trial at a price of only $40. If your child is looking for help in this period, you can contact me for a quick discussion.
secschbioteacher wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:36 am
Dear Parents,

I am a ex-MOE teacher with 8 years of teaching experience. I am well versed in GCE O Level syllabus in Pure Chemistry, Pure Biology, Combined Sciences (Bio/Chem), Combined Sciences (Phys/Chem) as well as Lower Secondary Science. I can explain abstract concepts in a succinct manner, making it easy for the slower students to understand me. The strength of my teaching is my ability to help weak students weed out the misconceptions conceived in their journey of learning science. I can help them to unlearn, understand and relearn important scientific concepts. Thereafter, once the student is able to understand scientific concepts well, I can work with him/her to improve his/her answering techniques, data-reading skills and analysis skills so that he/she can move towards a distinction grade eventually.

I provide practice worksheets and other school exam papers.

Currently I’m doing 1-to-1 or group tuition in Novena/Newton/Bukit Timah/Town/Boon Keng/Bendemeer/Potong Pasir/ Serangoon/Kovan area.

Expected tuition rate per hour:
1-1 tuition (at tutor’s place): $75/h (Upper Sec) $70/h (Lower Sec) – min 2 hrs (Postal Code 322104)
1-1 tuition (at students’ place): $80/h (Upper Sec) $75/h (Lower Sec) – min 2 hrs
Group tuition: Please sms to enquire.

New slots will be opening in Nov 2016 after the current batch of sec 4 students finishes their O level papers.
Please call or sms me at 90697409 to enquire for 2017 lessons.

Miss Koh
secschbioteacher.wordpress.com

PriSecMathSciTutor
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by PriSecMathSciTutor » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 am

Dear parents,

Ms Tan - Contact No: 84488342
Location: Ang Mo Kio Central (opposite Ang Mo Kio MRT)/Online lessons via zoom

About Me:
- Biomedical Science Graduate with more than 10 years of continuous tutoring experience
- Taught at reputable tuition centers
- Well versed and up to date on school curriculum and answering techniques for PSLE, N Levels, O Levels
- Committed, Responsible, Patient and with a positive and passionate attitude in life
- Positive encouragement to motivate and interest my students in continual learning
- Consolidated personalized attention, engaging and effective lesson delivery

Subjects Taught:
P1 – P6 Primary Mathematics
P3 – P6 Primary Science
N Level and O Level Combined Chemistry
N Level and O level Combined Physics

How learning is enhanced:
- Crystal clear delivery of lessons and constructive feedback on how to improve
- Increase student's competency level and grasp of fundamental knowledge through identification of areas of weakness and regular practice
- Time management techniques and maximize performance potential
- Instilling confidence in students through lessons

Teaching Methodology:
- Coaching through usage of relevant notes, step by step examples and TOP school papers
- Abstract concepts simplified and discussion of content knowledge
- Share exam tips, strategies and keywords
- Critical thinking and application of concepts
- Heuristic techniques (for primary school maths)
- Critical analysis (for primary school science)

Please contact me @ 84488342 for an obligation free consultation on how we can help and motivate your child towards academic excellence.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ms Tan

mrcheongtutor
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by mrcheongtutor » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:20 am

Our tutors are experienced school teachers with many years of relevant teaching experiences in our respective subject areas. We innovate our lesson plans and scaffold them to support our learners in their process of learning at the various stages.

# Dedicated # Caring # Passionate # Qualified School Teachers #

Bright Stars Learning Hub

www.facebook.com/brightstarslearninghub

mrandmrssiowstuition
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by mrandmrssiowstuition » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Mr and Mrs Siow’s Tuition

We are a husband and wife team with more than 25 years of teaching experience each. Our highest qualifications are Bachelor of Science (Mathematics) and Masters in Education respectively.

For parents who believe in old school systematic teaching and thorough explanation and marking, we are the right fit for you. We do our utmost to maximise the potential of each student. No gimmicks of guaranteed ‘A’s for results. We only demand that each child performs to the best of his/her ability. And the results speak for themselves.

We are currently conducting online lessons with no compromise in quality. Call us now! Don’t fall behind!

Get in touch with us at 86797819 to find out how we can help your child achieve success!