Looking Private Tuitor

Use this forum if you are looking for individual services (eg. Part-time maid, tutors, plumber) KiasuParents.com takes no responsibility for any transactions that take place here.
Last post expiry: 21 days

Looking Private Tuitor

Postby helenleesf » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:50 pm

Hi, I am looking for tuitor for my Sec 3 girl. Must have experiance in teaching E Math and Science (Chem&Phy). Pls email me your experiance and charges at helenlee_34@yahoo.com.sg Im staying @ woodlands. Thank you

helenleesf
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Looking Private Tuitor

Postby mathtuition88 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Recommended Tuition Agency:
Startutor is Singapore’s most popular online agency, providing tutors to your home. There are no extra costs for making a request. The tutors' certificates are carefully checked by Startutor.

(Link at: https://mathtuition88.com/)

There are many excellent tutors from RI, Hwa Chong, etc. at Startutor, teaching various subjects at all levels.
High calibre scholars from NUS/overseas universities like Stanford are also tutoring at Startutor.

(Link at: https://mathtuition88.com/)
(Please use the full link above directly, thanks!)

Fill in the request form in the link above to request for a tutor and our coordinators will attend to you within the day.
You get to enjoy the following:
▪ Free matching service
▪ No hidden charges
▪ Commission is charged from tutor

--------
Recommended Books for GEP: http://mathtuition88.com/2013/11/11/rec ... tion-test/

Recommended Resources for GAT DSA Test: http://mathtuition88.com/2014/06/27/gat ... ear-paper/

The Logic portion of GEP test / DSA test is not taught anywhere in the MOE syllabus, and hence the most challenging to prepare for. Your child would need to solve pattern recognition / logic questions, which is quite obviously not taught anywhere from Primary 1 to Primary 6. However, like all skills, these kind of logic puzzles can be taught, trained, and practiced!

mathtuition88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slheaen » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:50 pm

Hi Helen, I've emailed you :)

slheaen
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rachelzhang » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:31 pm

Hi Dear Parents : We offer group tuition for P3 - P6 chinese starting in Jan 2017. It will be 2 hours each session.
tuition fee $15/hr now.
The group will focus on the composition and comprehension that students have difficulty with.
We believe that the students will show improvement in these aspects after one year of lessons.
if need please contact me 98589260 Rachel.

rachelzhang
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby janet88 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:01 am

Male full time tutor available to provide one-to-one customized tuition at the convenience of the students who don't have time to travel.
Able to start immediately on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings.

Able to teach primary 1-6 Math and Science, secondary 1-4 E and A math.
Please PM me for details.

Thanks.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutorkelvin » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:00 am

:(

tutorkelvin
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tuitionace » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi
We are tuitionacestar, an agency that provides O level E Math tuition services. Our tutors are selected through a stringent procedure. Our tutors comprise mainly of currently university undergraduates from top JCs who graduated with 4As in their A levels
If interested, kindly contact us at: tuitionacestar@gmail.com
Our rates are $30/hr for O level E Math
Feel free to send us an email for more information of other subjects that we teach

We currently have three tutors in mind to meet your educational needs. Two are from HCI and one is from RI. All graduated from As in their A level Math and Sciences. They have on average 3 tutees for O level E/A Math and Chemistry/ Biology currently

Kindly contact us at tuitionacestar@gmail.com or message at 97731405

tuitionace
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby janet88 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:55 am

Full time patient male tutor.

experienced in upper primary Math.

Locations covered:
Jurong East
Upper Bukit Timah
Bukit Batok

Sundays are full.
Please contact Kenneth at 9154 8091. Thank you.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby msyw » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am

Maths and Science Tuition by Experienced Full Time Tutor

I have been a full time tutor since 2008, and have thoroughly enjoyed teaching Maths and Science for the past 9 years.

Concepts are explained in simple terms, focus on common exam questions, new trends and commonly made mistakes

I coach lower secondary maths and science, N and O level Chemistry, Chemistry/Physics, A Math and E Math

2016 O LEVELS
75% Distinctions in Amaths, EMaths and Chemistry
100% B3 and better

2016 EOY Exams
90% ≥ B3
Sec 2 Maths and Science: C6 to High A1 in one term
Sec 3 Chemistry: F9 to B4 in one term

“Thank you for teaching me Chemistry for the past half a year. You teach in a way that is simple and easy to understand. You made difficult concepts seem easy. Somehow you knew that I know how to answer the question but I do not know how to phrase my answers and as a result, you drilled me a lot on this which therefore led to me finally passing Chem this year. So I feel grateful and thankful towards you for being so accurate in finding out my weakness, correcting it and making me like studying Chem again. Without you, I don't think I would be able to find the O level paper easy. May you continue to impact students and make them love Chem!”
' Miss Tan has tutored me in Combined Science (Chemistry) and E Maths for my O Level Exams. She has an excellent teaching style that is easy to pick up on and for me to adapt to. I have had no problems understanding her teaching. She shows how to properly do a task or work through problems and from there, she helps me master the task or solution problem. I have since been able to independently solve fairly challenging questions for both Chemistry and E Maths. This is thanks to using her demonstrated methods. With her calm and friendly demeanour, I am unafraid to ask for help when I do not understand something.
One of her best teaching methods is that she can easily summarise a complicated chapter into a flowchart or table, making it easier for me to retain in my memory and to recall during the examinations. I also appreciated her patience with me when she was tutoring me in E Maths. It gave me more confidence in trying out the questions as she did not "crowd" me for a correct answer.
So thank you Miss Tan :)'
“Highly committed teacher
Effective teaching methods and principles
Friendly yet firm towards student.
Makes effort to complete make up lessons
Frequent mini-tests keep student on toes”
"... always so patient, kind and understanding! I always enjoyed having tuition with you (I dont enjoy other tuition cause they are boring"
"... my concepts are getting stronger due to your help!"
Pedagogies and Strategies
Learning strategies to overcome fear in Maths and Science
Revision of frequently asked past year questions in school and national exams
Clarifying misconceptions in science topics, strategies in answering science structured questions.
Follow closely to MOE syllabus
Able to explain key concepts via systematic process
Spot trends in school’s papers
Have had experience teaching dyslexic students and they go on to achieve distinctions in school and national examinations.

Tuition held at 327 Serangoon Ave 3
1-1 or Group sessions
Materials: Assessment + Tutor's own
Customised intensive revision lessons are available upon request.

Please visit http://msywtutor.blogspot.sg/ for more information.
Kindly whatsapp Miss Tan @ 82952915 or email achemtutor86@gmail.com directly to enquire further.

LIMITED SLOTS LEFT!

msyw
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Looking For...