Goat Milk

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Virgie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Goat Milk

Post by Virgie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:48 pm

I had tried goat milk before and I couldn't stand the goaty taste. so I have been hesistant to let my children try. But ever since I found out about their allergy to cow milk and soy, I have no choice but switch to goat milk. Their ezema and runny nose do become better controlled. The taste is not too bad and my kids love it even though I still drink the goat milk by pinching my nose to stop myself breathing in the goat smell. haha.
I also found the fresh goat milk here very expensive. But I was thinking, the only way to make it more affordable is to increase the demand and support of the product. and since the farm is local, we have a better understanding of how it works than any foreign companies. So, thumbs up for local goat farm!

Brooke
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Brooke » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Goat milk is very healthy food for those people that will be helpful in losing the weight it make difference from other because it contain lower fat. so it cant be cause of overweight.

Unmeltablesweet
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Unmeltablesweet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:01 pm

I was just wondering if any bf mummy drank goats milk. I was bring my boy to the goat farm for him to explore and bought the milk back to drink and during that period, my breastmilk just increased by many folds. Was wondering if anyone experience that too..

Ichigokun
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re:

Post by Ichigokun » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:41 pm

tankee wrote:goat's milk has a foul taste & smell, not eveybody can accept it as compared to cow's milk.

I find the taste and smell of the milk acceptable.

But definitely not the smell of goats at the goat farm. XD

Sara1212
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Sara1212 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks for sharing the importance of goat milk with us.

Shoe
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Shoe » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Try the chocolate one.. Less goaty...

anlinna
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by anlinna » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:31 pm

My 3yr o tod is drink abt 600ml of similac stage 4 fm. She likes goat milk. Can I switch her on all goat milk? Will she get Enid nutient? Tia.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:29

Re:

Post by concern2 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Jennifer wrote:
smurf wrote:Hay's used to sell them in supermarket, but recently I can't find them on the shelf, why ah? anyone knows the reason? :?
We used to visit Hay's Dairies. They deliver to selected areas.

If I did not remember wrongly, Hay's does not use preservatives. Maybe that's why cant sell in supermkt since the shelf life is quite short.

We can only drink Hay's while it is still chilled, else the smell @ room temperature is quite strong.

Fu Hua is also selling bottled goat's milk. I tried once, stronger smell than Hay's.
Can only get from Prime Supermarket. (Local farm production, limited space :smile: )
But not many Prime outlets around Singapore, lucky if you have one near you that sells. Alternatively can try buying from their online store - www.primeonline.com.sg.

booo161
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by booo161 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:49 pm

I like this milk... Tasty!
But it's hard to find in the city...
I replaced this smoothie...
One of my favourite smoothie recipe - Strawberry Banana Spinach Smoothie - https://greenann.com/recipe/strawberry- ... -smoothie/
Needs:
1 cup Strawberries
1 ripe Banana
3 ounces Baby spinach
½ cup Almond Milk
1 cup Water
Try!))

fjoois
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by fjoois » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:32 pm

I've occasionally seen an elderly Indian man making his rounds on a bicycle carrying bottles of milk where I live. I wonder who orders from them. There wasnt any cooler and the bottles used are pet-bottles that look like they've been recycled too many times.