What type of toothpaste did your child use?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

What type of toothpaste did your child use?

Postby nmhmum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi parents,

May I know what type of toothpaste your kids are using? Currently my kids are using those children toothpastes with flavours. Just wonder whether it is actually good for them? Or should we give them adults toothpaste like colgate but without the mint of course. So what are your views?

nmhmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Andaiz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:13 pm

nmhmum, my kids use non-fluoride ones even up till now - age 8,6, and 4.

They don't quite like the minty- taste.

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby nmhmum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Andaiz wrote:nmhmum, my kids use non-fluoride ones even up till now - age 8,6, and 4.

They don't quite like the minty- taste.


Hi Andaiz,

Thanks for your view. But I realised non flouride ones seems to be not very good cos they don't really remove the yellow strains throughly.

nmhmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby LKVM » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:19 pm

nmhmum wrote:
Andaiz wrote:nmhmum, my kids use non-fluoride ones even up till now - age 8,6, and 4.

They don't quite like the minty- taste.


Hi Andaiz,

Thanks for your view. But I realised non flouride ones seems to be not very good cos they don't really remove the yellow strains throughly.


hhmm never noticed but maybe u r right too I always gave my DS1 the children toothpaste with flavours....

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Andaiz » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:25 pm

nmhmum wrote:
Andaiz wrote:nmhmum, my kids use non-fluoride ones even up till now - age 8,6, and 4.

They don't quite like the minty- taste.


Hi Andaiz,

Thanks for your view. But I realised non flouride ones seems to be not very good cos they don't really remove the yellow strains throughly.


yeah, but longterm flouride doesn't have very good impact on teeth.
:|

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:58 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby nmhmum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 pm

lovekidsverymuch wrote:
nmhmum wrote:
Andaiz wrote:nmhmum, my kids use non-fluoride ones even up till now - age 8,6, and 4.

They don't quite like the minty- taste.


Hi Andaiz,

Thanks for your view. But I realised non flouride ones seems to be not very good cos they don't really remove the yellow strains throughly.


hhmm never noticed but maybe u r right too I always gave my DS1 the children toothpaste with flavours....


Hi lovekidsverymuch,

Actually, I will prefer them to use the adults toothpaste, but I think they may not be able to get use to the "plain" flavours. Unlike the children ones, they have many flavours. Sometimes, my kids may just swallowed the toothpaste cos they like the strawberry's flavours. They told me the taste is like sweets.

nmhmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby LKVM » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:31 pm

nmhmum wrote:Hi lovekidsverymuch,

Actually, I will prefer them to use the adults toothpaste, but I think they may not be able to get use to the "plain" flavours. Unlike the children ones, they have many flavours. Sometimes, my kids may just swallowed the toothpaste cos they like the strawberry's flavours. They told me the taste is like sweets.


Yes true thats why everytime my son's toothpaste is getting over his new list is oredi ready with sometime blueberry, strawberry etc etc

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby nmhmum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm

lovekidsverymuch wrote:
nmhmum wrote:Hi lovekidsverymuch,

Actually, I will prefer them to use the adults toothpaste, but I think they may not be able to get use to the "plain" flavours. Unlike the children ones, they have many flavours. Sometimes, my kids may just swallowed the toothpaste cos they like the strawberry's flavours. They told me the taste is like sweets.


Yes true thats why everytime my son's toothpaste is getting over his new list is oredi ready with sometime blueberry, strawberry etc etc


Oh, your son really like to try new taste. My kids will tend to stick to only strawberry flavours. I tried to change flavours for them, but in the end still back to strawberry flavour. :D

nmhmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby LKVM » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:34 pm

nmhmum wrote:Oh, your son really like to try new taste. My kids will tend to stick to only strawberry flavours. I tried to change flavours for them, but in the end still back to strawberry flavour. :D


Yes and its opposite I tell them to stick to one and he changes last time he made me guy grapes one then said its very sour :stupid:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby nmhmum » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:37 pm

Andaiz wrote:
nmhmum wrote:
Andaiz wrote:nmhmum, my kids use non-fluoride ones even up till now - age 8,6, and 4.

They don't quite like the minty- taste.


Hi Andaiz,

Thanks for your view. But I realised non flouride ones seems to be not very good cos they don't really remove the yellow strains throughly.


yeah, but longterm flouride doesn't have very good impact on teeth.
:|


Maybe see got any dentist here that can answer our queries. :D Another question is if the kids are so used to children's toothpaste, my concern is they may not want to switch to adult ones even when they reached teenagers.

nmhmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Health