Mattress for the young

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Post Reply
julongmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Nov 29,

Mattress for the young

Post by julongmum » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:28 am

Hi parents,
any suggestions on matteress for the sleeping young prince and princess? thanks in advance

tankee
Site Admin
Posts: 17852
Joined: Tue Jun 30,
Location: Singapore
Total Likes:22

Post by tankee » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:26 pm

er .. how young?

for babies, I would recommend babysafe 100% Natural latex.

raynreg
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu May 08,

Post by raynreg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:34 pm

Since we are on bedding items, what type and brand of pillows are your kids using?

julongmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Nov 29,

Post by julongmum » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:26 pm

tankee wrote:er .. how young?

for babies, I would recommend babysafe 100% Natural latex.


single/super single sized mattress for school going children. usually mattress can last for many years, but very expensive. always see the newspaper ad for queen sized that cost almost a thousand to a couple of thousands, what abt the price of single sized mattress, and is it worth to invest huh? or do yr children just make do with the foam type?

tankee
Site Admin
Posts: 17852
Joined: Tue Jun 30,
Location: Singapore
Total Likes:22

Post by tankee » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:42 pm

should be able to buy some good super-single mattress be below S$1000k. If I am not wrong, entry range for super-single king coil & dunlop mattress should be about S$400-$500.

Personally I do not like foam mattress as it can be very warm. and I prefer firmer mattress, better for the spine though less comfortable.


julongmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Nov 29,

Post by julongmum » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:55 pm

tankee wrote:should be able to buy some good super-single mattress be below S$1000k. If I am not wrong, entry range for super-single king coil & dunlop mattress should be about S$400-$500.

Personally I do not like foam mattress as it can be very warm. and I prefer firmer mattress, better for the spine though less comfortable.


Thanks tankee. have seen the mattress in one of the shop in the mall, sounds good and would probably get them.

caroline3sg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 982
Joined: Mon May 26,

Post by caroline3sg » Sat May 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Pocketed spring mattress seems hard. Nowadays the in thing is latex at the top layer.

Have bought one super single at $1500 including bed frame (using yr end bonus). My 13yr old girl chose it

tankee
Site Admin
Posts: 17852
Joined: Tue Jun 30,
Location: Singapore
Total Likes:22

Post by tankee » Sun May 09, 2010 10:46 am

actually, the "hardness" of the pocketed spring can be "customised", just like in the case of sofa.

tankee
Site Admin
Posts: 17852
Joined: Tue Jun 30,
Location: Singapore
Total Likes:22

Post by tankee » Sun May 09, 2010 10:47 am

julongmum wrote:Thanks tankee. have seen the mattress in one of the shop in the mall, sounds good and would probably get them.


No worries :wink:

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1344
Joined: Mon Feb 22,
Total Likes:71

Post by toddles » Mon May 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Just in case anyone is considering the seahorse mattress that can be folded up into 3 sections - don't buy it. way too hard.

Post Reply