All About Flu and Cough

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:318

Re: All About Flu and Cough

Post by ChiefKiasu » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 pm

MdmJiang wrote:The other day my daughter in K1 has an inconsiderate friend who came to school despite having a bad cough. I was really worried. I really hope parents would like their kids stay at home when they are sick.
Sometimes we just have appointments we cannot miss. So bo bian must send sick kid to school. Not something that the parent wants. Let's relax and make the world a better place to live in!

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:329

Post by Funz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:15 am

MdmJiang wrote:The other day my daughter in K1 has an inconsiderate friend who came to school despite having a bad cough. I was really worried. I really hope parents would like their kids stay at home when they are sick.
Parents have to work and cannot afford so many days of leave. Not all families have maids or additional help to care for their kids. Not all coughs or drippy noses are due to viruses, a lot of times it is due to allergies or sensitive airways.

Czeec80
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Czeec80 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:13 am

henna sammuel wrote:Hi,

Below are some of the websites I visited and got some tips to get rid of flu and cough.

https://howtocure.com/essential-oils-for-flu/

https://howtocure.com/essential-oils-for-cough/
I have checked this out and this help us a lot. Thank you so so much! :imcool:

sapoppy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by sapoppy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 am

Funz wrote:
Parents have to work and cannot afford so many days of leave. Not all families have maids or additional help to care for their kids. Not all coughs or drippy noses are due to viruses, a lot of times it is due to allergies or sensitive airways.
oh I see. I agree too

CarolW
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by CarolW » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:45 am

Is flu shot really effective?

travoltagetriggered
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by travoltagetriggered » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:00 pm

CarolW wrote:Is flu shot really effective?
Not really I think. My kids took and all still got flu!

Headache2010
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Headache2010 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 am

Vaccination in general is a bad idea. It causes many illnesses today. One should avoid it at all costs. So flu shot is a big no no.

Vanz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Vanz » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:30 am

For prevention, wear a mask if you are in a high-risk group and you can't avoid getting up-close and personal with possible flu victims. Be sure your mask fits well. Keep it free of saliva and dry, and change it periodically.

uckupxxx
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by uckupxxx » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:23 pm

You need to go to the doctor immediately. I know that coughing is one of the worst things in life. I would also recommend her to stop consuming rice and cold drinks. Rice is one of the main reason that people suffer from coughing. I hope that you will find a solution for the cough.

Alex75
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Alex75 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:22 am

Taking Vit C daily is really a big help! It may not be the cure for the common cold (though it's thought to help prevent more serious complications). But the benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling..