All About Flu and Cough

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Brenda3700
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Re: All About Flu and Cough

Post by Brenda3700 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:39 am

I totally agree!There are many different flu viruses and they are constantly changing which is why flu shots has to be updated as well.

Icylin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Icylin » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:14 pm

I feel that when people have cough or flu, they should wear a mask to prevent it from spreading to others.

Jasmine111
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by Jasmine111 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:22 pm

There is no 'cure' for colds or 'flu which are caused by viruses. You just have to wait until your body fights it off. If you have the 'flu, you should stay home and don't go to work. That way you don't spread it round to everybody else. Get plenty of bed rest and drink plenty of fluid. If you have a blocked nose or sore throat, menthol lozenges will at least make you feel a little more comfortable. As somebody else suggested, Vicks Vaporub is also good stuff. There is no point in asking your doctor for antibiotics. They do not cure viruses.

breatheandgrow
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by breatheandgrow » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:08 am

Should I allow my daughter to continue swimming lessons if she’s coughing? She has been coughing for a month (at first more serious as she had a flu but she has recovered from that) and already missed many lessons. She does not have fever but just coughing from time to time.

CalvinS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CalvinS » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:22 am

if it's just a simple Flu and Cough, it can be treated naturally such as eating fruits that are rich in Vitamin C. It is good to always eat healthy food everyday as well to avoid getting sick!

CalvinS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by CalvinS » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:22 am

if it's just a simple Flu and Cough, it can be treated naturally such as eating fruits that are rich in Vitamin C. It is good to always eat healthy food everyday as well to avoid getting sick!

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:12 am

CalvinS wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:22 am
I take vitamin c with zinc daily...just in case I didn't eat fruits.
however, the haze is something beyond everyone's control. with a sensitive nose and still recovering from eczema, I have to take antihistamine almost daily.

Florisa
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Florisa » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:11 pm

breatheandgrow wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:08 am
Should I allow my daughter to continue swimming lessons if she’s coughing? She has been coughing for a month (at first more serious as she had a flu but she has recovered from that) and already missed many lessons. She does not have fever but just coughing from time to time.
How bad is her cough? Is it very persistent? To be safe you should bring her to the doctor for a checkup in case there is any complication. Missing a few more lessons wouldnt hurt.

Florisa
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Florisa » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:18 pm

Headache2010 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:28 am
Vaccination in general is a bad idea. It causes many illnesses today. One should avoid it at all costs. So flu shot is a big no no.
Vaccination in general has saved millions of lives. You dont see children in Singapore with polio or measles. We should be grateful.

Headache2010
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Headache2010 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:44 am

Alex75 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:22 am
Taking Vit C daily is really a big help! It may not be the cure for the common cold (though it's thought to help prevent more serious complications). But the benefits of vitamin C may include protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and even skin wrinkling..
High dosage Vit C surely helps!