Facial cleanser for children - what do you use?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Facial cleanser for children - what do you use?

Postby staypositive » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:04 pm

I've been wondering what to use to clean DS's face apart from just plain water and a face towel. We have been doing that since he was born. But feel that it may not be enough when he gets real sweaty after a good run at the playground. We don't use the body shampoo on the face as it can be very drying on their delicate skin.

Unlike adults where we have so many types to choose from, I can't seem to find a facial cleanser specifically formulated, safe and gentle for kids. Most of the time, I see the usual range on the shelves - body gel, shampoo, body lotion, etc.

Recently, I use Cetaphil and found it quite good as it is very gentle & non-drying on the skin. A doc recommended it to me and I tried using it on DS. So far so good.

Would love to hear for fellow KSPs if there are other alternatives, tried and tested.

Postby MMM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:32 pm

I let my P3 and P2 use clean & clear. Observed that especially my boy, he is the sweaty type. If he uses normal soap, he tend to get "pimples". So I've asked him to use clean & clear and develop a habit hopefully it will help reduce pimples during teenage life.

My teenage niece used to have pimples problem and after I got her to use clean and clear, it has clear up.

Postby schellen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:05 pm

My DD1 (8yo) and DD2 (4mo) have been using Avent's Milk Cleanser since birth. It's pricier than my cleanser at about $14 a bottle but it's safe and effective.

Postby sharon1234 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:59 pm

I have been using QV for my dd - for face and body. It is mild and clean well.

Return to Health