Losing weight after pregnancy

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

How long did it take for you to lose your pregnancy weight?

1-3 months
35%
4-6 months
32%
7-11 months
9%
More than a year
24%

Total votes : 34

Losing weight after pregnancy

Postby duriz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:04 pm

Being a first-time Mom and new to KSP, I'm curious to find out about other Moms's experiences with post-pregnancy weight-loss.

1. How long did it take for you to lose your pregnancy weight?
2. Did you breast-feed?
3. Did you go on any (special) diet?
4. Do you still fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes?

Other questions and information are most welcomed.

As for Daddies (esp. those whom "shared and enjoyed" confinement foods AND put on considerable weight): did you put on/lose any weight? And how long did it take you to put on/lose that weight?

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:42 pm

My DW worn her pre-pregnancy clothes back to work after her maternity leaves.

As for me, I actually lost some weight during the maternity period as I had to eat daily meals cooked by my MIL, and I am not a fan of her healthy cooking. :oops:

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Losing weight after pregnancy

Postby toddles » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:48 pm

by the full-month party i could wear my old jeans. :)

2. Did you breast-feed?

yes, but i would say being the main caregiver to your newborn is the best slimming solution.

no. ate confinement food for 1 month.

yes. the malay massages during confinement (i only did 3 sessions, spread across a week) and the wrap really helped reduce the tummy. [/b]

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:38 pm

I gained 6 kg during my pregnancy. I was careful with what I ate.

I lost 10kg within 1 and a half months I believe.

I breastfed.

Had confinement food.

Got the malay lady to massage me for 2 weeks. Very expensive, but the best thing that happened to me physically, mentally and emotionally. Could relax and catch up on lost sleep.

:D :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MMM » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 pm

For my 3rd pregnancy, I used osim slimming belt after delivery. I also watch my diet during confinement due to medical issues and didn't indulge. I lost more than my pre-pregnancy weight. That colleagues and the cardiologist got a shock when they saw me 2 weeks after birth. I don't look like I just gave birth.

But observed that when I stopped using the slimming belt, the tummy starts to show again.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Losing weight after pregnancy

Postby i3mum » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi duriz,

I had 2 pregancies: 1st pregnancy with a singleton- gained 20kg, 2nd pregnancy with twins- gained 19kg

1) After 1st delivery, it took me 12 weeks to lose my pregnancy weight. 2nd delivery, it took me 6 weeks.

2) Yes, I breast feed fully, & I expressed 1 litre of milk everyday for 1st pregnancy. Breast feeding really helps alot. 2nd pregnancy, I expressed 2 litres a day which I really lost alot of weight (even thinner than before, and my colleagues & friends all got a shock).

3) Not really, I didnt go on special diet, but I avoided those vegetables (white veggies ) which believed to cause more wind and 'colic' for babies if they are breastfed.

Yes, I can fit in all my old clothes.

duriz wrote:Being a first-time Mom and new to KSP, I'm curious to find out about other Moms's experiences with post-pregnancy weight-loss.

2. Did you breast-feed?

Other questions and information are most welcomed.

As for Daddies (esp. those whom "shared and enjoyed" confinement foods AND put on considerable weight): did you put on/lose any weight? And how long did it take you to put on/lose that weight?

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby duriz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Forgot to put in my own answers
First topic, damn blur :oops:

I put on 8 kilos when I had DD, I lost 10 kilos in the first week. My gynae was shocked to see me, he said I looked like a teenager. But bluff me lah, I was 40 liao :P But I agree, being the amin caregiver of your baby helps you lose ALOT sleep and weight.

2. Did you breast-feed?
I'm still breastfeeding DD (9 months young)

I did not have a confinement lady nor confinement food. I ate steamed fish everyday and drank (old?) chicken soup 3 times a week. Nothing too special. I ate alot of fruits and drank alot of water.

Yes, after one week (please see above).

I also did not shower nor wash my hair for 40 days. My MIL is Thai and my Mom is Burmese. Both refused to let me do either. I was (feeling) *DAMN GROSS* and refused DH to have any visitors in the house :oops:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby duriz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Wow i3mum
3 babies! :celebrate:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:23 pm

duriz wrote:I also did not shower nor wash my hair for 40 days. My MIL is Thai and my Mom is Burmese. Both refused to let me do either. I was (feeling) *DAMN GROSS* and refused DH to have any visitors in the house :oops:

:!: :!: :!: how did you survive in this hot weather when cannot on the AC during those confinement days :?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby i3mum » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:34 pm

Haha ya, moreover the difference only within 1 calendar year. There are some people commented 2 babies consecutively is very 'taxing'. And I got 3 babies within 2 years, to think of it, I got a phobia, especially comes to night feeding when I m a breast feeding mum.

But I thank GOD for giving me 3 precious ones :)
duriz wrote:Wow i3mum
3 babies! :celebrate:
:grphug:

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health