Losing weight after pregnancy

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

How long did it take for you to lose your pregnancy weight?

1-3 months
33%
4-6 months
33%
7-11 months
8%
More than a year
25%

Total votes: 36

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by duriz » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:51 pm

mummyjoyce wrote:I gained 20 KG during my 1st pregnacy; pregnant again when 1st DD was only 9 mths :oops:
No time to lose weight!!! :!:
Wow! Must have been tough on your body. Not much time to recover from the first pregnancy yet, and have to look after your DD.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by duriz » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:54 pm

Share a funny story about my Mom. She is a petite lady. When she was pregnant with my older brother and I, she put on more than 20 kilos each time. After she delivered me and was groggy from the gas they gave her, she glanced at her still bulging and very big tummy and shrieked: "Why haven't you taken the baby out?" I was of course, lying in the crib next to her, sleeping quietly :roll:

stayhome
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by stayhome » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:24 pm

I had both my first 2 pregnacies at 20+ year old. The first one I gained 20kg and 2nd 16kg. I went back to my original weight after 2nd and 1st mth respectively after birth. I can fit into all the cloths and pants before pregnancy. For my 3rd pregnacy I gained 20kg as well. However, it took mths to went back to the original weight and the waist still remain 'big'. It took 5yrs for me to fit into one of my jean but the rest still can't. After 2yrs it reduced another 1 inch, but still have another inch to go to fit into the pants that I have. So for my case, the age of pregnancy matter, the older the more difficult to recover not just the shape the health too. I can feel the different.

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:71

Re: Losing weight after pregnancy

Post by toddles » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:05 pm

i3mum wrote:

2) Yes, I breast feed fully, & I expressed 1 litre of milk everyday for 1st pregnancy. Breast feeding really helps alot. 2nd pregnancy, I expressed 2 litres a day which I really lost alot of weight (even thinner than before, and my colleagues & friends all got a shock).

That is a lot of milk!! WOW really envious of your supply. your babies are so fortunate. what do you attribute it to? genetics? special soups? enough rest?

I could only *very barely* express 90ml every 3 hours for the first 2.5 months, but after that managed to latch baby so didn't know how much she 'extracted' till 20 months when i stopped.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Post by buds » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:45 pm

toddles wrote:That is a lot of milk!! WOW really envious of your supply. your babies are so fortunate. what do you attribute it to? genetics? special soups? enough rest?
Naah.. dun think it's genetics, toddles hun. It cud be but guess in my case
can't be cos my mumsie barely had any within the week and gave up. Too
painful.
toddles wrote:I could only *very barely* express 90ml every 3 hours for the first 2.5 months, but after that managed to latch baby so didn't know how much she 'extracted' till 20 months when i stopped.
Yup, when the babies get buffet 24-7, dunno how much...
Just know after that the balloons are deflated like empty socks. :P
i3mum wrote:

Yes, I breast feed fully, & I expressed 1 litre of milk everyday for 1st pregnancy. Breast feeding really helps alot. 2nd pregnancy, I expressed 2 litres a day which I really lost alot of weight (even thinner than before, and my colleagues & friends all got a shock).
Me too i3mum! :hi5: My brothers called exclaimed once... Holy cow! :laugh:

I'm either on the machine expressing (i use medela electric : painless & fast)
or he can see bottles and bottles of expressed milk in the freezer. :lol:

I get 300mls to 400mls per expression. That's for every 3 hour intervals.
A nurse friend said if we could claim milk $ from our husbands (cos they
don't need to buy... :politebleah:) we would be rich. Just multiply the # of
litres in a month by the most expensive brand you'd buy if you didn't have
milk to express/feed to begin with. :preen:

Aniwaes, mum's milk is supposed to be freshest and priceless. :love:

For my first pregnancy, i went back on my first day at work weighing only
45kg. 5kg less than my pre-wedding days.. :boogie: Now..... :idea: ... Don't
ANYONE dare ask! :nunchuk:

Hope to beat that for after my #3. :pray:

:xedfingers:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:69

Post by schweppes » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:24 pm

autumnbronze wrote: ... I also tried Schweppes' baked sweet potato chips recipe. They are really yummy, esp if you can get those sweet potatos from Indonesia.
:hi5: :hi5:
autumnbronze wrote:
We can even create a 'Lets Lose Weight' thread to cheer each other and share recipes and restaurants that can accomodate your 'special requests' during meal ordering.

Any takers?

:D :D
Count me in!! Started eating healthily this year and signed up for exercise classes at Amore, so am making gradual progress. I think I lost about 3 kg so far. :wink:

:rahrah: Yup, this "Let's Lose Weight" thread sounds like a great idea!! We need to cheer us fellow sistas on :rahrah:

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by tree nymph » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:44 pm

buds wrote:
toddles wrote:That is a lot of milk!! WOW really envious of your supply. your babies are so fortunate. what do you attribute it to? genetics? special soups? enough rest?
painful.
I beg to differ on this.

I actually think its your own body structure. Cos i know many mothers, no matter what they do, they just can't get enough supply. Of course, if you have supplies to begin with and don't wanna give, the supply will drop too.

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by tree nymph » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:46 pm

LKVM wrote: Is it safe to use?
yes it is. must be prescribed and monitored by the doc.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Post by buds » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:11 pm

duriz wrote:
mummyjoyce wrote:I gained 20 KG during my 1st pregnacy; pregnant again when 1st DD was only 9 mths :oops:
No time to lose weight!!! :!:
Wow! Must have been tough on your body. Not much time to recover from the first pregnancy yet, and have to look after your DD.
Ohhh but you must know duriz, mummyjoyce is now one hawt momma.
40kg oni leh.. envy.. envy.. Losing the weight, fats and trying to regain
figure is one thing... being healthy during the process is also another.

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:71

Post by toddles » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:15 pm

buds wrote:
painful.
My mummy also got mastisis in the first week and gave up. I got mastisis 5 times and ploughed thru, by God's grace!