Omron Ear Thermometer

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Omron Ear Thermometer

Postby lifestylelink » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:45 pm

Just wondering if any of you uses this thermometer. My husband bought this, highly recommended by the pharmacy. However, we have difficulty operating it. We tried many ways and method, but the reading is always very low.

And once turned on, it seems perpetually on.

Any advice from anyone pls?

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby matrix0405 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:34 pm

Operating this one is a bit 'un-natural'. Remember to read the user guide so that you can use it proper. I believe you have used it incorrectly that's why ou get low temp. The probe is also too big for new borns' ear. :cry:

matrix0405
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ngchris » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:18 pm

Click on top to start
Wait for the Celcius sign up
Put to the ear and wait till you hear a beep sound
Then click on the top again

ngchris
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sunflower » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:03 pm

I’m not sure whether your low temp readings are due to the positioning of the thermometer. The probe might be a tad too large for the baby’s ears. You might have to pull back the ear horizontally in order to insert the probe into the baby’s ear properly. After inserting, try to position the probe such that it lies in line towards the direction of the eye. Temperature readings do vary if the probe is pointed in different directions. Hope this helps.

sunflower
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby HappyAvon » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Personally I feel that this is not a good thermometer. I had bought once before when my girl was about 1 yr old and we really do not like the way it was operated. Later we changed to Braun Thermoscan and had been using it for 2 years. Reading is very fast and accurate. Best of all is we had dropped it on the floor for several times and it is still in good working condition :lol:

HappyAvon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby iLoveMyBoy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:28 pm

insider wrote:Of all the thermo that I have tried, I prefer

ThermoFlash LX-26 Contactless Medical Electronic Thermometer (http://www.eh.sg/motherhood/98078993-1.pdf)

It is contactless (laser-gun type), doesn't require those ear probes, durable and most importantly is it's accurate (so far so good).

It's marketed by COBS (tel 67605824). Not long ago it has an offer at price $149.90 from original price at $269.90 (I bought at the original price). If you are keen, try to bargain for the lower price or anyone know of this product with other alternative supplier (they said they are sole agent...)

I bought that too! It works great compare to the omron ear thermo which i don't even know whether to trust the reading from it. Although the price is a bit high but it's a good investment.

iLoveMyBoy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jessicasteven » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:12 pm

I am new to the RD and have read the book. I treated myself to a new Omron Pedometer that is digital. HJ-720ITC. It works vertical or horizontal such as in a pocket. It has a USB cable that you download your walking info into software that helps you track your goals. Amazon had it for a great sale price. It is so much more accurate than the old pendulum kind that "clicks."

I work in the federal prison as a chaplain and when I have a dinner break, I go into the Chapel auditorium and walk for 30 minutes around the auditorium. I can't believe the number of steps I can do at work. I just keep my walking shoes in my office. You are so tired when you get home and need to give the family attention, that this works out wonderfully.

Love the new pedometer!

jessicasteven
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kingrostham » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:24 pm

So many companies are vying digital ear thermometer on the customer base in which one of the best one is http://digitalearthermometerstore.info/

digital ear thermometer

kingrostham
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby duriz » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:31 pm

We found the ear thermometer too big for our infant's ear (now 10 months young), thus difficult to get an accurate reading.

We bought this http://www.mothercare.com.sg/productdet ... ?pid=68250

It's been working well for us so far.
Hope you find what you're looking for and it works for you.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Yup, I bought the Omron thermometer too and it's really not good. The readings are always very low as compared to the doctor's and even our own trusty hands.

Now I trust my own hands better. Will switch to Braun if it's on offer.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Health