Gout = bad temper?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Gout = bad temper?

Postby mummydearest » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:20 am

my husband has gout and he has a bad temper everytime he kena it! any advice to keep gout away?

Postby matrix0405 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:50 pm

he must be depressed that he is not well. He is not angry with you. has he received medical help?

Postby mintcc » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:22 pm

I think one of my brother-in-law got it. suppose to change the diet, lost weight, avoid alcohol. There is no know permanent cure in main stream medicine. Just to manage the pain. Here's alternative methods from

Alternative and complementary treatments for gout focus on helping your body prevent and eliminate the build up of uric acid. These include:

* Doing everything you can to support the healthy function of your blood cleaners -- the liver and kidneys. The better they are working, the better they can clean your blood of uric acid and toxins.
* Drinking lots of fluids, especially water. Try to drink six pints or 96 ounces a day. Dehydration reduces kidney function and can lead to uric acid build-up. Slightly alkaline natural spring water may help reduce the acidity in your body.
* Reducing the amount of meat in your diet because meat is rich in uric acid forming components. Consider a vegetarian lifestyle.
* Eating plenty of raw fruit, vegetables, grains, seeds, and nuts. Cherries and strawberries appear to be most beneficial.
* Avoiding purine rich foods like anchovies, asparagus, crab, fish roe (caviar), herring, kidney, liver, meat gravies and broths, mushrooms, mussels, peas, beans, and sardines.
* Avoiding alcohol. Avoiding rapid weight loss while seeking an appropriate weight/height ratio. Excess body weight and crash dieting both can result in increased uric acid levels in the blood. Reduce any extra weight slowly and healthfully.
* Exercising regularly.
* Drinking black cherry juice. Black cherry juice, available at health food stores, may prevent attacks and shorten acute attacks according to claims from others with gout. Black cherry extract is also available in tablet form. This is not the same as cherry drinks containing low percentages of cherry juice or artificial cherry flavor.

Re: Gout = bad temper?

Postby Jaclyn13 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:04 am

mummydearest wrote:my husband has gout and he has a bad temper everytime he kena it! any advice to keep gout away?

Hi mummydearest. I hve a frez who has gout problem for years. He took cucurmin n his gout r under control. Hope ur husband r ok now .☺

Return to Health