All About Child Immunisation

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

All About Child Immunisation

Postby duriz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:41 pm

DD is almost 11 months and only (thank God) had one episode of fever, after her first 5-in-1 shot. She burnt up till 39.5 for the whole night. I held her and dared not sleep a wink. Every 3 hourly, before I gave her the liquid Dhamol, I showered with her under cold water then wrapped warmly in clean pajamas.

I know how all the mummies feel :hugs:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby RRMummy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:45 pm

duriz wrote: I showered with her under cold water then wrapped warmly in clean pajamas.

Actually, I normally use lukewarm water and followed by sponging also with lukewarm water. I feel that cold water can be really traumatizing... and also use good ol' suppositrine (how to spell ah?)

RRMummy
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tree nymph » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:47 pm

RRMummy wrote:
duriz wrote: I showered with her under cold water then wrapped warmly in clean pajamas.

Actually, I normally use lukewarm water and followed by sponging also with lukewarm water. I feel that cold water can be really traumatizing... and also use good ol' suppositrine (how to spell ah?)

Yes, PD told us to use luckwarm water or room temp water sponging instead of showering...

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby KoalaMummy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:49 pm

tree nymph wrote:
RRMummy wrote:

Yes, PD told us to use luckwarm water or room temp water sponging instead of showering...

i asked ds1 to shower under lukewarm water to cool himself down. it does work.. :celebrate:

KoalaMummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:52 pm

RRMummy wrote:

Aiyo, I ever use ice pack - state of high anxiety mah :oops: :oops:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby duriz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:52 pm

RRMummy wrote:

I only shower her when she's awake. Else yes, it can be quite traumatizing. The suppositories are good too and works very fast. I still take DD's temp "that way", it's more effective IMHO.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tree nymph » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:53 pm

duriz wrote:
DD is almost 11 months and only (thank God) had one episode of fever, after her first 5-in-1 shot. She burnt up till 39.5 for the whole night. I held her and dared not sleep a wink. Every 3 hourly, before I gave her the liquid Dhamol, I showered with her under cold water then wrapped warmly in clean pajamas.

share a tip.

before all the required injections, i will start to give chinese barley to my kids. either chinese barley water, or 泡参. I will give about 2 to 3 days before the injections. My elder one had a few episodes of fever after the injections, but after i did this method, he doesn't get fever for the rest of his required injections. My No. 2 and 3, no fever at all for all the injections - including immunisation for chix pox, MMR, 6-in-one, booster, puemoccal (spelling wrong) etc...

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:55 pm

tree nymph wrote:
duriz wrote:

share a tip.

before all the required injections, i will start to give chinese barley to my kids. either chinese barley water, or 泡参. I will give about 2 to 3 days before the injections. My elder one had a few episodes of fever after the injections, but after i did this method, he doesn't get fever for the rest of his required injections. My No. 2 and 3, no fever at all for all the injections - including immunisation for chix pox, MMR, 6-in-one, booster, puemoccal (spelling wrong) etc...

Thanks tree nymph,

DS due for Hep B and the Pneumoccocal soon. Will try your method :celebrate:

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby duriz » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:56 pm

tree nymph wrote: share a tip. before all the required injections, i will start to give chinese barley to my kids. either chinese barley water, or 泡参. I will give about 2 to 3 days before the injections. My elder one had a few episodes of fever after the injections, but after i did this method, he doesn't get fever for the rest of his required injections. My No. 2 and 3, no fever at all for all the injections - including immunisation for chix pox, MMR, 6-in-one, booster, puemoccal (spelling wrong) etc...

I now give DD boiled rice water as before her first 5-in-1 shot, my Mom said she was too young for barley.

And yes I heard 泡参 is very good for teething as well. I gave it to DD and she now spots two cute lil bottom front teeth, troublefree :love:
Last edited by duriz on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tree nymph » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:59 pm

autumnbronze wrote:
Thanks tree nymph,

DS due for Hep B and the Pneumoccocal soon. Will try your method :celebrate:

For chinese barley water, one cup a day is sufficient. If your DS refused to drink, you can add to his milk, bit by bit. for 泡参, you can give a few spoonfuls a day. can reuse the 泡参 for two days depending the amount you use. not too much, just enough to have some taste will do.

is DS getting his first Pneumoccocal injection or?

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health