All About Child Immunisation

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
Post Reply
lyra
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Dec 03,
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by lyra » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:32 pm

Do u know if 5 in 1 is now free in poly clinics only or also free in PD clinic?

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3587
Joined: Tue Feb 15,

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by micollh » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:25 pm

5 in 1 is free in poly?

LollipoppyS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Nov 13,

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by LollipoppyS » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:48 am

micollh wrote:5 in 1 is free in poly?

Yup, see here http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/2 ... olyclinics

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 3587
Joined: Tue Feb 15,

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by micollh » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:53 am

LollipoppyS wrote:
micollh wrote:5 in 1 is free in poly?

Yup, see here http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/2 ... olyclinics


icic.. both my kids have to pay for it.. sigh.. talking about support on child birth..but at least now it is.. for new parents

Shoe
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Dec 28,

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by Shoe » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:19 pm

My kid missed his shots because he kept falling ill last few months. Can I still go to the polyclinic for free shots if I fall behind schedule by a number of months?


BlackJohn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 24,

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by BlackJohn » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:54 pm

Are we "over-vaccinating" ourselves ?
We should do our own research and obtain information that we need to help us make intelligent, informed decisions about vaccination.



By Dr. Mercola
It's estimated that nearly one in 7 U.S. adults have been diagnosed with sinusitis in the past 12 months, which occurs when the mucous membranes in your nose and sinuses become irritated.i In most of these cases (90-98%) a virus is the cause, whereas in 2-10% of cases, a bacterial infection is also present.

These bacterial infections are becoming increasingly drug-resistant and therefore harder and harder to treat, which is why the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) recently issued new treatment guidelines for sinusitis.

Alarmingly, however, buried on page 16 of their report is the acknowledgement that certain hard-to-treat bacterial infections in children are on the rise because of the widespread use of the conjugated pneumococcal vaccines!

Will Vaccines Leave a Legacy of Superbugs and Diseases?

Vaccines carry health risks and do not guarantee protection against contracting infectious disease. In the case of Prevnar, no long-term studies were conducted to evaluate whether it is associated with development of chronic illness or disability. And the clinical trials that were conducted by the vaccine manufacturer before the Prevnar 7 vaccine was licensed in 2000, compared one experimental vaccine (pneumococcal) against another (meningococcal), which means no true placebo was used in a control group, compromising the results. Still, children in the pneumococcal vaccine group had more seizures, high fevers and other reactions, and there were 12 deaths (including 5 labeled as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)) reported in the pre-licensing clinical trials.

Each dose of Prevnar vaccine contains aluminum as an adjuvant, which is used to provoke a strong immune response but is also a known neurotoxin.

Now it's being suggested that widespread use of the Prevnar vaccine is leading to other unforeseen consequences, like increases in bacterial infections and the emergence of antibiotic-resistant supergerms. Other vaccines also have produced serious, unintended adverse effects, such as the chicken pox vaccine, which can increase the risk of adult shingles.

It's so important to understand that your best defense against any disease is a robust healthy immune system. Vaccines can actually compromise your immune function, and this is true regardless of your age. Two of the most important factors influencing the health of your immune system are:

Your gut flora
Your vitamin D status


About 80 percent of your immune system resides in your gut, so maintaining a healthy gut flora is imperative for maintaining a fully functioning immune system. Also, if your child's gut is populated with too many pathogens, he or she is likely to be more prone to vaccine-induced damage.

When you are sick, you should cut your in take of refine sugar, HFCS (high fructose corn syrup ) to ZERO.

Vitamin D is another crucial component for maintaining optimal health, so I urge you to get your children's vitamin D levels tested, and, if found deficient, to follow my recommendations for optimizing their levels.

Artificially manipulating your immune system with a vaccine does not produce the same kind of lasting immunity and sought after disease-fighting results that a healthy lifestyle can. It may actually make you less healthy in the long run.

After Sun Exposure, Be Careful about Showering!

The best way to get your Vitamin D is from safe sun light exposure every day. Spending up to an hour in the sun each day is not an unreasonable goal.

It's important to understand that vitamin D3 is an oil soluble steroid hormone. It's formed when your skin is exposed to ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation from the sun (or a safe tanning bed). When UVB strikes the surface of your skin, your skin converts a cholesterol derivative in your skin into vitamin D3.

However, the vitamin D3 that is formed is on the surface of your skin does not immediately penetrate into your bloodstream. It actually needs to be absorbed from the surface of your skin into your bloodstream. The critical question then is: how long does it take the vitamin D3 to penetrate your skin and reach your bloodstream? If you're thinking about an hour or two, like I did until recently, you're wrong. Because new evidence shows it takes up to 48 hours before you absorb the majority of the vitamin D that was generated by exposing your skin to the sun!

Therefore, if you shower with soap, you will simply wash away much of the vitamin D3 your skin generated, and decrease the benefits of your sun exposure. So to optimize your vitamin D level, you need to delay washing your body with soap for about two full days after sun exposure. Now, few are not going to bathe for two full days. However you really only need to use soap underneath your arms and your groin area, so this is not a major hygiene issue. You'll just want to avoid soaping up the larger areas of your body that were exposed to the sun.

http://www.nvic.org/Ask-Eight-Questions.aspx


The Problems With Flu Vaccines

There are two types of flu vaccine, the flu shot (which contains a dead inactivated” virus) and the nasal-spray version (which contains a live virus), both of which operate on the premise that they cause antibodies to develop in your body that will protect you against being infected with an influenza virus. The problem here, and it is a major one, is that the flu
vaccines are only effective against three strains of the virus.

Each year, the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the CDC collect samples of flu viruses and, based on flu activity and other factors, select three viruses (two subtypes of
influenza A viruses and one influenza B virus) to be used in the current year’s flu vaccines. However, flu viruses are constantly changing, and there’sno way to know whether the agencies will choose the exact strains that may infect you. During the 2003-2004 flu season, for instance, the CDC announced that the flu vaccine had "no or low effectiveness" against influenza or influenza-like illness. Depending on how the data were analyzed, the vaccine protected from zero percent to 14 percent of study participants that year.
So please listen up: You can still get the flu, even if you get a flu shot.

It even says so right on the CDC’s own Web site:
“The ability of flu vaccine to protect a person depends on two things:
1) the age and health status of the person getting the vaccine, and
2) the similarity or "match" between the virus strains in the vaccine and those in circulation.”


What’s in That Vaccine Vial or Spray? Flu Vaccine Additives
Aside from the flu virus itself, there are many other additives that make up flu vaccinations. Following is a partial list of additives that can be found in vaccines:
• Thimerosal (a mercury derivative)
• Ethylene glycol (antifreeze)
• Phenol (a disinfectant dye)
• Aluminum
• Benzethonium chloride (a disinfectant)
• Formaldehyde (a preservative and disinfectant)
• Chick embryos

None of these additives are things you should be injecting into your body.

Interestingly, Jock Doubleday, director of the California non-profit corporation Natural Woman, Natural Man, Inc., has offered $75,000 to the first medical doctor or pharmaceutical company CEO who publicly drinks a mixture of standard vaccine additives. There have been no takers, even though the offer has been increased by $5,000 per month since it
began. If no one has accepted by January 1, 2008, the offer will increase to $115,000, but I doubt that will be far too low to actually prompt someone to drink the chemical cocktail.

The vaccine additive that has gotten the most press is thimerosal, which contains approximately 49 percent ethylmercury. The mercury in thimerosal is a known neurotoxin to which children and fetuses are extremely vulnerable.

Studies have indicated that incredibly tiny concentrations of thimerosal induced:
• DNA strand breaks
• Membrane damage
• Cell death

Thimerosal has also been linked to autism. Studies of two government databases indicate that autism rates went up as thimerosal dosages increased, then began to decline as thimerosal was removed.

In July 1999, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Public Health Service agencies agreed that thimerosal should be reduced or eliminated from vaccines because of the potential risks. However, while the additive has been removed from most pediatric vaccines, it has not been removed from the flu vaccine.

According to the CDC:
“The majority of influenza vaccines distributed in the United States
currently contain thimerosal as a preservative. However, some contain only
trace amounts of thimerosal and are considered by the Food and Drug
Administration (FDA) to be preservative-free… Thimerosal preservative-free
influenza vaccines are available, but in limited quantities.”

***info. source mercola.com***

It is your life and your body. You decide if you want vaccination.

casio123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Aug 03,
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by casio123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 am

Shoe wrote:My kid missed his shots because he kept falling ill last few months. Can I still go to the polyclinic for free shots if I fall behind schedule by a number of months?


You should try. I do not see any reason why they wouldn't give you the free shot.

chloecube
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1001
Joined: Mon May 30,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by chloecube » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 am

HI
DS told me his school will be giving the P5 student vaccine next week.
any idea what possible side effects, during of recovery and any food to avoid?

thks for helping.

missyqiqi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri May 27,
Total Likes:2

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by missyqiqi » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:10 pm

chloecube wrote:HI
DS told me his school will be giving the P5 student vaccine next week.
any idea what possible side effects, during of recovery and any food to avoid?

thks for helping.


Do u know what vaccine they are giving?

nhoc216
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 22,

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by nhoc216 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:00 am

Yup, see here http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/2 ... olyclinics

This one is only for Singaporean children, right? Not for a baby from foreign country and papa works in Singapore?

Post Reply