All About Child Immunisation

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:54

Re: All About Child Immunisation

Post by sembgal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:25 am

chloecube wrote:HI
DS told me his school will be giving the P5 student vaccine next week.
any idea what possible side effects, during of recovery and any food to avoid?

thks for helping.

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/HOPPortal/health-article/630

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:219

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:38 am

nhoc216 wrote:Yup, see here http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/2 ... olyclinics

This one is only for Singaporean children, right? Not for a baby from foreign country and papa works in Singapore?

Sorry, the link doesn't seem to work so I can't read it. Most countries follow very similar vaccination schedules. In general, you should choose one country's schedule and stick to it to avoid duplication or missing something. My kids were born in the UK and we have lived a considerable amount of time in other countries, so I just followed the Singapore schedule. If you choose to follow another country's schedule, I think it should be OK. But keep your records well.

rainrain
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rainrain » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi,

My 4 year old DD has not gone for her MMR yet, and my 2 year old DS have not gone for any except his first Hep B jab. Anyone can advise where should I go if i just want to do the compulsory jabs? Is it polyclinic?

rainrain
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rainrain » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi,

My 4 year old DD has not gone for her MMR yet, and my 2 year old DS have not gone for any except his first Hep B jab. Anyone can advise where should I go if i just want to do the compulsory jabs? Is it polyclinic?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:20 pm

rainrain wrote:Hi,

If you are a Singapore citizen, the compulsory jabs are free at polyclinics. But if you want the many-in-one type, there may be a charge. I brought my kid to the polyclinic when we lived in Singapore - the nurses are very experienced and quick.

rainrain
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rainrain » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:47 pm

slmkhoo wrote:

If you are a Singapore citizen, the compulsory jabs are free at polyclinics. But if you want the many-in-one type, there may be a charge. I brought my kid to the polyclinic when we lived in Singapore - the nurses are very experienced and quick.

Thanks! I heard we need to walk in to get Q number if its the first time visit. Maybe we will do it in the June holidays.

FHP
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by FHP » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:53 pm

rainrain wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:

Thanks! I heard we need to walk in to get Q number if its the first time visit. Maybe we will do it in the June holidays.

Hi
I believe for child immunisation jab, you can call the polyclinic for appointment.

rainrain
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by rainrain » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:25 pm

I thought so , but there was once i swing by to enquire , the receptionist told me i need to walk in if its my first visit. Very time consuming, need to queue up to get registered.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:53 pm

rainrain wrote:I thought so , but there was once i swing by to enquire , the receptionist told me i need to walk in if its my first visit. Very time consuming, need to queue up to get registered.

Ask them when the queue is shortest. As far as I recall, Mondays are the worst days, and afternoons are usually less busy than mornings.

Blue Pearl
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Blue Pearl » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:03 am

After the child goes to Pri 1, when will be the next immunisation