Bird nest

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Bird nest

Postby sean wife » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:14 am

Hi,

Anyone taking bird nest on long-term basis and see visible improvement to their complexion? I have just bought one bottle of concentrated premium birdnest from Eu Yan Seng to try our and was wondering if it is worthwhile to continue taking it on a long-term basis... :wink:

sean wife
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:02 am

I took it very often before and during pregnancy. Did have improvement in complexion. Stopped taking regularly after the birth of my boy cos my mum is too busy with work to cook it. Also comtemplating to buy those bottled ones but not sure which brand is good as my mum usually buys our bird nest from our Indonesian cousin who owns a bird nest 'farm'.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sean wife » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi mrswongtuition,

My mum also prepare birdnest every week for me when I was pregnant....at that time, eat until scared and even ask hubby to help me finish. But then some people say that may have led to my kids having a lot of phlgem and prone to cold and cough since young....

As for improvement to complexion during that stage, I also not sure is it due to the birdnest or pregnancy hormones. Anyway going to try out for a month or so and see how...

sean wife
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:18 pm

I took alot before pregnancy as my mum's work was not as busy then.
Now I only get to see her once a month. She's so busy flying around (in China right now).

I did not hear abt the phlegm thing during pregnancy but my boy does not have that problem at all. He rarely falls sick & recovers fast :)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carebear » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Hahaha......
Sean wife, I took it for 1 year.
Nothing happened!

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby auntieM » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:37 pm

I love it when it's sweet and cold.. yumyum :P
My friend said taking too much bird nest during pregnancy caused her DS's asthma..Then on some others it seems ok.
Recently a relative's baby born with serious jaundice, and is still yellow after 3 months and have to stop drinking breastmilk.. Heard something about too much Chinese herbs and bird nest
:?

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby duriz » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:09 am

DD was jaundiced for almost a month after discharged from the hospital. During her one-month check-up, her PD suggested that I do not take any tonics or herbal remedies.
This is because infants' digestion system, liver and kidneys are not that sophisticated, so tonics and herbal remedies will take a toll on their systems.
Then again, I did not have any confinement food nor took any tonics or herbal remedies. I ate regular food i.e. steamed fish, chicken soup, fruits and vegetables.
But it was good information to know. Thinking of our Indian and Malay mommies, they don't take any Chinese tonics nor herbal remedies, the rate of them having jaundiced babies is pretty low.

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Appetite

Postby janet88 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 am

I remember when I was very young and had no appetite, someone recommended my mum to give me birds nest. It did miracles. Had a better appetite and started to put on weight.

Even my kids now (6 and 10) have better appetite when they take birds nest occasionally.

My aunt took birds nest every morn when she was pregnant. Her son has a beautiful complexion...nurses at the hospital even wonder if her baby is a girl or boy. Recently bought some birds nest from this lady during hubby's eye checkup at SNEC...she told me taking birds nest is for long term effect.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Appetite

Postby duriz » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:48 am

janet_lee88 wrote: My aunt took birds nest every morn when she was pregnant. Her son has a beautiful complexion...nurses at the hospital even wonder if her baby is a girl or boy.

Wah. Need alota budget for that.
I took one pack of hot, unsweetened soya bean milk everyday I was pregnant with DD. Budget: 70 cents a day. She came out as luminous and lovely as a bowl of white fluffy rice :love:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Appetite

Postby LKVM » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:06 am

duriz wrote:I took one pack of hot, unsweetened soya bean milk everyday I was pregnant with DD. Budget: 70 cents a day. She came out as luminous and lovely as a bowl of white fluffy rice :love:

So cute can u pls post her pics (if u dont mind) :love: :love:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health