Cure for sorethroat/loss of voice

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Cure for sorethroat/loss of voice

Postby Angelight » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Anyone knows of any cure for bad sore throat that leads to loss of voice? I have seen a doc and taken western med for past 3 days but voice hasn't come back. Any advice other than go to see another doc?

Angelight
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MOE Hater » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Have you taken Manuka Honey.

Not sure about loss of voice,but for sore throat it works for me and my kids

U can checkout more in this thread
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... sc&start=0

MOE_Hater's mom

MOE Hater
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Pen88n » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:14 pm

By TCM definition, sore throat and loss of voice is due to "heatiness". I usually go to TCM medical hall and get "chuan bei" and get them to grind to powder. 1 "liang" will do and put a teaspoon into water and just drink it. Do it twice a day. For kid, just half teaspoon twice a day. This is cooling, and so far for my family, usually it works and you will feel the "soreness" go away gradually over the next 2 days.

If you are coughing as well and has phelgm (heaty start from sore throat type - note, must not be cooling type of cough), then put a "kit bang" (dried tangerine) and boil in hot water for 10 mins (about 2-3 cups of water). Put in a teaspoon of chuan bei powder and then drink the water.

This has worked for my family. My DD used to have bad cough over long period, and was on course after course of western medication. She became so "dazed" as the medication always made her sleepy and "weak". We had to find alternative, and my colleague introduced me to these and it worked very well. Since then, I've always keep a lookout and at the slight hint of an upcoming cough / sore throat, we will use this remedy to nip it at the bud.

Hope this helps.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jasmineong » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Pi Pah Kao (Not sure if it is the right spelling) works for me. I take about 2 full table spoonfuls and then let the medicine stay in my throat for a while before swallowing. I do this at least 3-4 times a day, I find the throat gets much better after a few days :D

jasmineong
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby teachingmum » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:21 pm

Not sure if you dare try this... hornet/bees... the chinese medicine shops sell ready mix called 竹蜂茶 or 开声茶 which you must cook with water. It works very well ( and fast) for me. Recommended by many of my ex colleagues. We often lost our voice as teachers...

teachingmum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby girlmum » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 pm

jasmineong wrote:Pi Pah Kao (Not sure if it is the right spelling) works for me. I take about 2 full table spoonfuls and then let the medicine stay in my throat for a while before swallowing. I do this at least 3-4 times a day, I find the throat gets much better after a few days :D

It works for me....whenever I feel throat infection coming soon. Take a spoonful 3 times a day (Must Do - Once b4 sleep), Voila.. next day roar like a lioness. :evil: It is one of the Must Have Item in my kitchen. :lol:

girlmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tunlip » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 pm

Have you ever try Difflam Anti-immflammatory Throat spray? It works like magic for me everytime I have sorethroat.

tunlip
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jce » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 pm

ecchenicia spray works well. Or "jing shang zi" if you want chinese med

jce
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cherrygal » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:48 am

Redoxon effervescent tablets work for me... in fact, if you feel a cold or sore throat coming, take 2 and the symptoms will be gone...

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby krazy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:08 am

Honey works for me every time. I take it neat, in the morning and before I go to bed.

krazy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Health