Good quality running shoes for 4 years old?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Good quality running shoes for 4 years old?

Postby blueblue » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:14 am

hi mummies

I would like to know where to buy a pair of good quality running shoes that provides good support for the feet. Any particulars brands or shops?

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Good quality running shoes for 4 years old?

Postby swimironkids » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:02 am

blueblue wrote:hi mummies

I would like to know where to buy a pair of good quality running shoes that provides good support for the feet. Any particulars brands or shops?

Wow, great to read that you start your kid so young in running :)
Infact most rep shoes manufacturer makes good shoes n I wld recomnd Ascis but not very sure they bring in shoes for this market .
Ascis uses Gel technologies n I personally have 5 pairs of them.
As my fave place of getting them is at Queensway shopping Ctr which is cheaper by 20-25% all year round

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Chirunner » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:10 pm

New Balance makes good running shoes and there's a pretty wide range for kids. They have boutiques in Raffles City, Junction 8 and Velocity at Newton. They have an outlet at IMM too.

Isetan Scotts has a pretty good range of sports shoes for kids, including Asics.

Chirunner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby radiantmum » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:18 pm

New balance - light and comfy. I typically get them during sales 'cos they outgrow them so fast. Recent pair was from sportslink.

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ANobleNerd » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:56 pm

We like Nike Kids and Adidas, and we love getting them from Mustafa because they are competitively priced. :wink:

ANobleNerd
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby swimironkids » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:26 pm

at this age its good to get the cushion type cos we as parent must take every precaution not to damaged their soft bone and affect their growth n also not too seriuos into.

:lol:

swimironkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LOLMum » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:31 pm

i notice that 99% of the shoes here do not have proper support for the feet.

i like geox, too.

since my son has flat feet, i put insoles in the shoes and he is walking and running better now. also the inner side of the shoe bottom does not wear off more than outer side. now any brand of shoes is fine.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daddybear » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:55 pm

I actually encourage parents to consider allowing your kids to run around bare footed as much as possible.

Consider this. Evolution-wise, our body is designed to run bare footed. In terms of gait, its a mid to fore foot strike. When you wear shoes, it switches to a heel strike, which directly impacts the bone and consequently, the vertebrae. Our feet are not hoofs, every toe carries nerves that dictate balance etc. There is so much information being carried from those nerve endings to the brain, which then develops neural networks that processes all this. The end result is a better coordinated child.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barefoot_running

daddybear
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Health