Miscarried twice in 6 months

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Miscarried twice in 6 months

Postby kaitlynangelica » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:09 pm

Dear Parents,

this is extremely distressing. Have been trying to get a second child in the past 18 months but have ended up miscarrying twice in 6 months. worst thing of all, there is not explanation given by the doctor. The second one was extremely depressing as the foetus had developed to 11w 6days. Has anyone had a similar experience and managed to conceived after that? How long should one wait?

All inputs are highly appreciated.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Miscarried twice in 6 months

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:21 pm

kaitlynangelica wrote:Dear Parents,

this is extremely distressing. Have been trying to get a second child in the past 18 months but have ended up miscarrying twice in 6 months. worst thing of all, there is not explanation given by the doctor. The second one was extremely depressing as the foetus had developed to 11w 6days. Has anyone had a similar experience and managed to conceived after that? How long should one wait?

My wife has a miscarriage late in the first trimester too. It was a difficult period for both of us. Then we got our bouncy little daughter. So it is possible to have a normal pregnancy even after a miscarriage. You should hound your gynae for a proper diagnosis.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Miscarried twice in 6 months

Postby kaitlynangelica » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:07 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
kaitlynangelica wrote:Dear Parents,

My wife has a miscarriage late in the first trimester too. It was a difficult period for both of us. Then we got our bouncy little daughter. So it is possible to have a normal pregnancy even after a miscarriage. You should hound your gynae for a proper diagnosis.

Chief,

What do you mean by hound the gynae? I asked him but he said no explanation. He got defensive when I asked him about whether or not it was because I took insufficient hormone pills. His answer was the hormone pills are for relaxing the placenta. It does not influence the growth of the baby. If it is not meant to be its not meant to be. He also said he sees one such case in the clinic every week. Hmm......wondering if he is the problem or us the patients.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby barney » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:37 pm

kaitlynangelica

Yes, think you should hound your gynae for a full report, if not, change a gynae. I've a colleague who also miscarried twice in the first trimester. When she was pregnant the second time, she told me her gynae told her the baby not growing well and need to abort, I recommended her to see my gynae for 2nd opinion. Well, she still lost the baby in the end but she switched doctor after that. Now she is expecting her baby in late Jan/early Feb next year. As for waiting period, her gynae advised her to try after 3 months rest and she did just that.

I myself also had 2 miscarriages before I successfully had my child, I understand what you've gone through as both my pregnancies end in the 16 and 20 weeks respectively. I waited almost 5 years before I had the courage to try for another one...and luckily I succeeded but it was a worrying and difficult 9 months I've been through...but definitely worth the effort.

barney
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:21 pm

barney wrote:kaitlynangelica

Yes, think you should hound your gynae for a full report, if not, change a gynae. I've a colleague who also miscarried twice in the first trimester. When she was pregnant the second time, she told me her gynae told her the baby not growing well and need to abort, I recommended her to see my gynae for 2nd opinion. Well, she still lost the baby in the end but she switched doctor after that. Now she is expecting her baby in late Jan/early Feb next year. As for waiting period, her gynae advised her to try after 3 months rest and she did just that.

I myself also had 2 miscarriages before I successfully had my child, I understand what you've gone through as both my pregnancies end in the 16 and 20 weeks respectively. I waited almost 5 years before I had the courage to try for another one...and luckily I succeeded but it was a worrying and difficult 9 months I've been through...but definitely worth the effort.

Thanks Barney.......but am 35 so need to hurry right? Btw, who is your gynae? Want to try but am damn scared lor......

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby barney » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:59 pm

I was 36 when I had my only child, no choice as me and my hubby also very scared to try for another one so soon then as we really do not know how we'll survive if still not successful. I actually left my job and was hospitalised for a long while, most of the time require complete rest in bed...but it's all over. We even decided not to take the amnio (not sure if correct spelling) tests although you'll need one once you reach 35 as we do not want any risk of miscarriage again...and have decided to have the child even if the worse were to happen.

You can consult your gynae to see how soon you can try again. By the way, I've PM you my gynae's contact.

barney
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:27 am

barney wrote:I was 36 when I had my only child, no choice as me and my hubby also very scared to try for another one so soon then as we really do not know how we'll survive if still not successful. I actually left my job and was hospitalised for a long while, most of the time require complete rest in bed...but it's all over. We even decided not to take the amnio (not sure if correct spelling) tests although you'll need one once you reach 35 as we do not want any risk of miscarriage again...and have decided to have the child even if the worse were to happen.

You can consult your gynae to see how soon you can try again. By the way, I've PM you my gynae's contact.

HI barney,

how come you had to be hospitalised ?Is it because your body does not react well to pregnancy?

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby fav_giraffe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:56 am

Hi Barney, can PM me your gynae's contact too? My son is now 26 months and we have been trying for no 2 with no success for the last 6 months. Have a miscarriage in May this year.

fav_giraffe
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaitlynangelica » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:00 am

barney wrote:I was 36 when I had my only child, no choice as me and my hubby also very scared to try for another one so soon then as we really do not know how we'll survive if still not successful. I actually left my job and was hospitalised for a long while, most of the time require complete rest in bed...but it's all over. We even decided not to take the amnio (not sure if correct spelling) tests although you'll need one once you reach 35 as we do not want any risk of miscarriage again...and have decided to have the child even if the worse were to happen.

Hi Barney, which email you sent to? didn't get your email.

Thanks.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tanzyjac » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:48 am

I had my first pregnancy when I was 29yo. I survived the first 2 trimesters but on the 28th week, a boy knocked into my back causing me to jerk a little. It didn't bother me much as I can still feel the baby kicking inside me. It was only 2 days later when I had a minor tummy upset that I went to KKH for check-up, the baby had just lost his heart beat and died in my womb. As the baby was already quite big - about 35cm long, the doctor had to put me on medication to induce the baby out. It was the most depressing stage of my life. Imagine two hours of labour pain, water bag burst.... Worst still, my MIL was very angry with me for losing her grandchild - she thought I had overworked myself.

I don't know how I gathered the courage - My second and third pregnances ended between 9 to 12 weeks when the foetus heartbeat stop, I had to do D&C each time. Both of us went for very detailed checkups etc. But no gynaes can offer any advice or answer to why I can easily lost a baby.

I was lucky to have a successful 4th pregnancy - now my daughter is going to P1 in few weeks' time. But it was not easy then. During my first trimester, I had to go for hormones jabs every alternate days. I also took 3 months unpaid leave to nurse my first trimester.

I thought I should be stronger now since I had one successful pregnancy so I tried again. My 5th and 6th pregnancie also terminated between 9 to 12 weeks - same thing, heart beat stop.

Well, I am still trying for one. But my husband had enough, he was worried for my health and the emotion and financial pain we had to go through..

I guessed because most women are working, and the emotional stress in work and home that we had to go through, the polluted environment, miscarriages are getting more common.

tanzyjac
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Health