Health forum

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Health forum

Postby pinky » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:42 am

Can we have a forum to discuss and share health and medical issues?
eg migraine and tried-and-tested treatments, supplements for different
needs etc. I always believe a problem shared is a problem halved.
Hope to hear from fellow parents,
thanks

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 am

That's a good idea. Can be for all ages. After all, parents don't just take care of children; they have their parents and themselves to keep healthy too.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Brain Food and Immunity

Postby csc » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:19 am

Sharing my mother-in-law's recipe for brain food and immunity against diseases.

* must eat porridge cooked with "ma yau yu" - expensive fish (dunno the English name) from the time the kids can take solid food till Pr 1 , she said it's good for their brains... well maybe true...both my kids are blessed with good memory though they have never gone thru all those right brain training programs

* also porridge with ground ikan bilis - good for bone developement, i think

* must drink cod liver oil daily ....still drinking now occasionally

* must drink her herbal chicken/porkribs soup full of tonics (boiled for hours) at least twice a week -- to keep diseases at bay

Can't help but to agree with her cos my children hardly have to absent themselves from school due to flu, cough or other ailments :D Thank God for that!

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phantom » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:29 am

Here is my share.

My kid is 4.5 years old, used to get sick quite often, like having flu and cough. Then I started to give him 1 capsule of cracked spores lingzhi pills whenever I feel that he is going to fall sick. And since then, he have seldom fallen sick. I started this like 9 months ago.

I myself take the pill also, quite effective, haven't spend money on seeing doctor so far :D

phantom
Site Admin

Postby csc » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:37 am

Oh ya...forgot about the drink with the funny taste that she puts into my kid's waterbottles ....
she told me its LINGZHI mixed with water ....
good for lowering blood pressure and general health....
she got it from her recent trip to Taiwan..... :D

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mom2boys » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:44 am

phantom wrote:Here is my share.

My kid is 4.5 years old, used to get sick quite often, like having flu and cough. Then I started to give him 1 capsule of cracked spores lingzhi pills whenever I feel that he is going to fall sick. And since then, he have seldom fallen sick. I started this like 9 months ago.

I myself take the pill also, quite effective, haven't spend money on seeing doctor so far :D

hi phantom,

where do u get those cracked spores lingzhi pills? is it difficult to swallow? my 4plus old son keeps having cough recently...seen doc. nothing to do with sorethroat..most prob sensitive airways...
worse is - asked him not to take chocolate and wafles biscults (feed by MIL) still dun listen :x

mom2boys
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ZacK » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Wonder if we are able to start a list instead? Anyone with remedies to contribute to always add to the last posted consolidated listing. This makes referencing so much easier. Just a suggestion :idea:

Only thing will be that the description need to be concise. Any clarifications/queries may still be posted without quoting the full listing.

An example of the suggested heading could be :

Ailment / Remedy / Remarks (if any)
1. Diarrhea / canned pineapples / consumed without the syrup
Last edited by ZacK on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phantom » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:14 pm

mom2boys wrote:
phantom wrote:Here is my share.

hi phantom,

where do u get those cracked spores lingzhi pills? is it difficult to swallow? my 4plus old son keeps having cough recently...seen doc. nothing to do with sorethroat..most prob sensitive airways...
worse is - asked him not to take chocolate and wafles biscults (feed by MIL) still dun listen :x

Hi mom2boys,

I got my from Hock Hua Chinese medicine shop, Yu Ren Shen medical hall also have it. But Hock Hua is one of the cheaper one. it is capsule that looks like something like this, except it is a brown capsule.
Image.

Not hard to swallow, need to swallow with water. It is suppose to improve immune system, best effect if taken before sick.

Taking chocolate and waffle and really get sick easily. My kid used to get throat infection and the only way last time is to take antibiotics, which in my opinion is real bad choice.
Last edited by phantom on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby phantom » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:17 pm

ZacK wrote:Wonder if we are able to start a list instead? Then anyone with remedies to contribute to always add to the last posted consolidated listing. This makes referencing so much easier. Just a suggestion :idea:

Only thing will be that the description need to be concise.

An example of the suggested heading could be :

Zack, that's a good idea.

2. Flu or throat infection / cracked lingzhi spores / best taken when symptom first appear.

phantom
Site Admin

Postby mintcc » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:07 pm

2. Flu or throat infection or cough / cracked lingzhi spores / best taken when symptom first appear. (open capsule and give half for kids less than 4? yrs old)
3. Cough / Vicks (Rub under the foot when they are sleeping )

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Health