ds keeps going to toilet

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

ds keeps going to toilet

Postby pink_daisy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:23 am

hi all,

ds who is turning 8yrs old in august keeps going to the toilet recently....even though not in air-con place..even though he doesnt take alot of water.. any cause for concern? anybody has similar experience to share? tx

pink_daisy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:50 am

does he urinate a lot each time he go or just a little bit?

if little bit, it could be urinary track infection.

tankee
Site Admin

Re: ds keeps going to toilet

Postby atrecord » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:50 am

pink_daisy wrote:hi all,

ds who is turning 8yrs old in august keeps going to the toilet recently....even though not in air-con place..even though he doesnt take alot of water.. any cause for concern? anybody has similar experience to share? tx

Maybe nervous?

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pink_daisy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:02 pm

sometimes abit, sometimes alot.. he can visit the toilet 2-3 times within 1hr.. he had a herniotomy done last june...could it be related? erm...don't think he is nervous cos there's no big event going on..

pink_daisy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby cherrygal » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:27 am

My DS did that at the cinema! :shock:

He went 3-4 times during the show, some within 10mins. I got so irritated with him! :x

I wondered if it could be a bladder problem or UTI but he didn't have cloudy urine, pain when passing etc. He also didn't do that everyday so we ruled out the medical conditions.

Only reason I could think of was the cold, or simply excitement from the activity?

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pink_daisy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:48 am

brought him to the doc last night..as what tankee said, it is urinary infection..
tx all for your replies =)

pink_daisy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kwokwc » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:54 am

Usually for me, I will first suspect UTI. There is actually a very cheap way to cure in TCM way, cooking chinese barley. I will usually cook chinese barley with the following: chi xiao dou, bian dou, deng xin, mai tong and "cooked" barley. This is a cooling tea as well. The purpose of this tea is to let us pass urine out more, reason to wash the urinary tract. I must say, it is effective, cheap and nice to drink. There is usually no problem to get my kids to drink.

Just a small note, kids who are G6PD can't drink this tea, due to the bian dou. So must remember NOT to add this herb in if really want to drink.

kwokwc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Health