All About Health Insurance

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
MerlionInGermany
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:27

Re: All About Health Insurance

Post by MerlionInGermany » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:27 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:29 am
MrsKiasu wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:58 am
if we were to buy insurance with rider, would it be similar to as charge?
'as charged' shield plans do not mean you do not need to pay a single cent. You still hv to pay the deductible and the co-pay portion. A rider helps to settle these items.
Pardon me if am wrong.
Correct.

Basic shield plan “as charged” is still subject to deductibles and co-insurance.
Riders on the basic plan, cover the deductibles and co-insurance.
No co payment necessary if you have been on the full rider before some time in 2018.

hercules
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:50

Post by hercules » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:24 pm

Estéema wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Which insurer offering cheaper but covers “as charge”? Any idea?

Stick to NTUC if your kids are having it coz they are the more conscientious in the market. Some may appear cheaper now but years down the road, their increments may (likely to) surpass NTUC (that i ever researched and spoke to several 'market people' to know they priced competitively). I think there's another round of premium increment coming soon.

NTUC's pool of clients is big enough and so it has more stability in maintaining premium in a way.

Pseow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Pseow » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:14 pm

How much is the chunk in your monthly budget goes to your health insurance?

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:108

Post by Estéema » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:33 pm

hercules wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:24 pm
Estéema wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:12 pm

Which insurer offering cheaper but covers “as charge”? Any idea?

Stick to NTUC if your kids are having it coz they are the more conscientious in the market. Some may appear cheaper now but years down the road, their increments may (likely to) surpass NTUC (that i ever researched and spoke to several 'market people' to know they priced competitively). I think there's another round of premium increment coming soon.

NTUC's pool of clients is big enough and so it has more stability in maintaining premium in a way.
I do agree with you on NTUC realiabilty and competitive costing. What I appreciate most importantly is it’s “as charged” payout. Hope coming increases is affordable.

CheeLin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by CheeLin » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:43 am

Glad I was able to check this thread about insurance. Thank you for giving me insights about which health insurance should we consider after our current one expires.

Crisper
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Crisper » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:28 am

please advise me a good insuarance

bigalumniparent
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by bigalumniparent » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:56 am

My whole family is on NTUC Insurance

I heard if you went to army, they let you sign up with Aviva for a cheap price, some of my friends are still using it till this day

stevejock1
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by stevejock1 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:37 pm

I apologize if this isn't the right place to put this, but I need some help with the insurance fiasco.

Basic story: I make $18/hr and my husband makes $20/hr. We have 1 biological child and I have 3 kids from a pervious marriage and full custody of them (zero help from my ex). Those guys were on Medicaid because of my deadbeat ex, but since my husband and I got married in August, they are saying he is responsible for them?? Health plan is ending and in our search, we make too much for Medicaid, my husband's work wants $1200/mo and the market wants nearly $2000 for the most basic coverage. My income is mostly our savings, we want to pay down mortgage and the cushion is nice for birthdays, holidays, etc. Do I have to stop working? It seems like almost my only option. We don't live paycheck to paycheck per se but without me working, money will be far too tight for us to feel comfortable like we do now. The cost of insurance is going to put us right into the "what's the point of me working?" zone now. Am I missing something? We only pay for childcare for our youngest, the rest are in public school. Obviously we can trim the budget but we like the way we live life now and we really are down about the fact that getting married apparently is going to screw us out of our current lifestyle. I really appreciate any help or insight, I just don't know what to do.reverse phone lookupnba redditpcpartpicker
Last edited by stevejock1 on Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:108

Post by Estéema » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:43 pm

What’s MediAid? We don’t do this in SG. Guess u can’t hv yr cake & eat it.

mindscape
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mindscape » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:50 am

I also need to fix my health insurance for my kids xD