How to grow taller???

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

How to grow taller???

Postby vlim » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:30 pm

Help....My 14 yr old niece has been pestering my brother to help her to grow taller. She read somewhere that there is jab or bill to make a person grow taller.. :| ..
So would like to consult experience ksp parents to give tips on that... :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby Happy Mama » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:32 pm

My friend's daughter plays basketball and has grown taller since playing it... maybe the jumping helps? I'm not too sure, though she insists basketball has helped her DD. :wink:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Postby vlim » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:34 pm

she does rope jumping frequently...hoping that it will help her to increase her height. :wink:

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby sall » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:35 pm

I read that there is a kind of growth hormone injection for people who are abnormally short, not suitable for any one who is not happy abt their height. Can check with the doctor.
Height is purely a genetic factor. Read that kids normally will take the gene of the father when it come to height. So a tall father should almost certainly have tall kids.....

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:43 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: How to grow taller???

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:36 pm

vlim wrote:Help....My 14 yr old niece has been pestering my brother to help her to grow taller. She read somewhere that there is jab or bill to make a person grow taller.. :| ..
So would like to consult experience ksp parents to give tips on that... :wink:


Don't try the jab! That jab is nothing but injecting some hormones into your system. A friend went on some hormone jabs when he as was a teenager too, but was not for growing taller and he said the jabs made him extremely tired and listless and left him with absoulutely no mood for anything and he wished that his parents had checked out on the side effects before they went ahead with the jab remedy for his condition then.
Guest
 


Postby vlim » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:39 pm

ya my niece get to know of a footballer who got the jab to increase his height..Just wonder is it safe to do that. My brother has 4 kids and this niece of my is no. 2 kid. No 1 very tall. No 3 who is 13 yr old ..I think is about 1.7...and is obvious taller then her. The youngest boy is pretty tall too..So she is the only one that is not so tall and she is not too happy about it. Their mother is about 1.72...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: How to grow taller???

Postby Happy Mama » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:48 pm

25hourmaid wrote:
vlim wrote:Help....My 14 yr old niece has been pestering my brother to help her to grow taller. She read somewhere that there is jab or bill to make a person grow taller.. :| ..
So would like to consult experience ksp parents to give tips on that... :wink:


Don't try the jab! That jab is nothing but injecting some hormones into your system. A friend went on some hormone jabs when he as was a teenager too, but was not for growing taller and he said the jabs made him extremely tired and listless and left him with absoulutely no mood for anything and he wished that his parents had checked out on the side effects before they went ahead with the jab remedy for his condition then.


Ya, I'm also against such jabs... wonder if there'll be any side effects.

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Postby Happy Mama » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:49 pm

vlim wrote:ya my niece get to know of a footballer who got the jab to increase his height..Just wonder is it safe to do that. My brother has 4 kids and this niece of my is no. 2 kid. No 1 very tall. No 3 who is 13 yr old ..I think is about 1.7...and is obvious taller then her. The youngest boy is pretty tall too..So she is the only one that is not so tall and she is not too happy about it. Their mother is about 1.72...


Wow, they are really tall...

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: How to grow taller???

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:50 pm

Happy Mama wrote:Ya, I'm also against such jabs... wonder if there'll be any side effects.


Same here. My rule of the thumb is not to mess around with hormones. :|
Guest
 

Re: How to grow taller???

Postby Happy Mama » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:55 pm

25hourmaid wrote:
Happy Mama wrote:Ya, I'm also against such jabs... wonder if there'll be any side effects.


Same here. My rule of the thumb is not to mess around with hormones. :|


:hi5:

Happy Mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 7526
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Health