Discharge - what should she eat to build up for young girl?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Discharge - what should she eat to build up for young girl?

Postby BeContented » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:25 am

Hi,
Think her body structure is very similar to mine....nothing much was done when I was young, but I'll like to strengthen my girl's health. It's not foul smelling and I have heard people calling this 虚 and 白风丸 can help. Has anyone tried for a 10year old? Or any other recipe I can try?

Thanks.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Before you think that something is wrong, just like to clarify that every woman has vaginal discharge every month, esp after puberty. It is normal as it signifies the woman is fertile during those few days.

As long as it is not itchy or foul smelling, and does not occur every single day, the discharge is ok.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:06 am

For adults or older kids, yes it's rather normal. But to be exact, she is only 9 years 3 months, kinda early. Hence thought may be good to try strengthening her health slowly, if there is such things :)

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Chirunner » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Why don't you consult a tcm? If you need recommendations let me know. I know someone who helped treat an adult for that successfully. She was also told not to consume very cooling foods like water melons, bitter gourd, bamboo shoots, and to avoid cold drinks/foods. Best to consult to determine exact constitution of your daughter.

Chirunner
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kwokwc » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:26 am

Hi, I think for a 9yr, you can try cooking herbal soup to make up her health, instead of giving bai feng wan now. I don't think she has started her menses right?

You can cook herbal soup once a week for her. Some example are ba zhen (八珍) soup or other simple soup with dangshen, red dates etc. You can also consider cooking red date with longan tea for you n your girl to drink once a week.

Yes, of course, cut down on cooling food and drink less cold drink.

For me, I cook herbal soup at least twice a week. You can buy those pre-packed ones or get the people working at the TCM store to pack for you. If you are interested to know what I packed, I can let you know. I know most pp don't like herbal soup, find it bitter. But I must say, my kids love what I cooked and they find it sweet.

kwokwc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby BeContented » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi Kwokwc,
Thanks for the info.....think I probably should cut down on the cooling and cold stuff. Both me and my daughter likes cold stuff.

Will go TCM & get some herbal packs.....I am interested in what kind of herbs you used too. Do share.

Thanks again.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kwokwc » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:33 pm

The usual things that I put into herbal soup are
1. 党参
2. 淮山
3. 枸杞子
4. 北芪
5. 玉竹 or 玉竹头
6. 红枣
8. 茯苓

If I find them a bit heaty, I won't add item 4. If I want the soup to be sweeter, I will add more item 5 and 蜜枣 or 龙眼干. Sometimes I replace item 1 with 洋参片 or 洋参须. I do vary my soup, somehow the taste will turn out quite different taste each time, so my kids won't find it so boring too.

For soup like 八珍 or 十全, I will add 枸杞子 and 黑枣 to make the soup sweeter. My kids love these 2 soup to cook with 面线.

Sometimes I cook soup that is more mild, I add the following:
1.南杏
2.北杏
3.蜜枣
4.天冬
5.沙参
6.枸杞子
7.白目耳
8.淮山

Hope that you will enjoy these soup as like me!

kwokwc
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Lock » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:03 pm

My dd will only turn 10 this sept and she has not started on her menses. But I've noticed some whitish discharge on her panty. Is it ok for her to wear a panty liner at this age?

Lock
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby BeContented » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi,
I wear panty liner everyday as my discharge is pretty heavy. But sometime ago, I started getting some yeast infection. When I consulted the GP, was told that it's actually better not to wear PL cos it will breed bacteria easily since it'll be damp & not breatheable. Her advice was to change panties frequently.

While I still wear PL, for my girl, I made her change ~3-5 times a day ie. Morning wake up, after Sch (prob may want to being one if has cca till 5pm), after bathing and sometimes b4 sleeping (depends when her last change was). Guess better for them.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Hi Kwokwc,
thanks for the advice & tips. Will give it a try

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health