Skin allergies

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Skin allergies

Postby lcheong88 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi, my boy is 2.5yrs, recently started outbreaks of skin allergies , mainly at the back at the back of his waist line, and legs. Dermatologist discovered he is allergy to paracetemol (fever medicine). Lately, another outbreak of rash, this time no medication given prior to the outbreak. Another gp diagnose that it may be due to allergies to detergents, detail, or other cleaning agents.

Anyone facing same problems? Any remedies or doctor recommendations?

lcheong88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby vlim » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:41 pm

it could be cause by the food taken...or the milk taken might not be suitable for him...

vlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lcheong88 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Well I thk have to bring him to do allergy test...
I have made a chart of his food & medical intake to track

lcheong88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby lcheong88 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:02 pm

Just brought my son to Demotologist today.

Possibility it is due to insect bites. Sensitive skins tends to spread to other areas around the bitten spot.

Any recommendations on child safe anti-insect prevention?

lcheong88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Mrsbongz » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:42 am

my son has this issue.. we use quite a bit of insect repellent like stick-ons, plus spray. our paed also recommended us to stick to using QV for showering, and a particular brand of ointment for bites... rather effective. :)

Mrsbongz
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Skin allergies

Postby hooper » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:05 pm

ive been experiencing also this kind of problem... my dd (6 yo) has this allergy around the mouth (reddish & pimple-like) and now it spreading the whole area in her face... we've been in different doctors but still nothing happen.. i used all kind of creams, like purelan-medela,physiogel, and other different kind of herbal soap, to ease the itchiness and to prevent the spreading... please help!

hooper
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kitty2 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:57 am

hooper wrote:ive been experiencing also this kind of problem... my dd (6 yo) has this allergy around the mouth (reddish & pimple-like) and now it spreading the whole area in her face... we've been in different doctors but still nothing happen.. i used all kind of creams, like purelan-medela,physiogel, and other different kind of herbal soap, to ease the itchiness and to prevent the spreading... please help!

You may want to try TCM?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kayatoaster » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am

hooper wrote:ive been experiencing also this kind of problem... my dd (6 yo) has this allergy around the mouth (reddish & pimple-like) and now it spreading the whole area in her face... we've been in different doctors but still nothing happen.. i used all kind of creams, like purelan-medela,physiogel, and other different kind of herbal soap, to ease the itchiness and to prevent the spreading... please help!

did the doctors say what kind of allergy it is?

kayatoaster
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sunflowerseed84 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 pm

allergies to dust mites, pollen, fur can cause itching and red spots to appear as well. change bedsheets regularly as dust mites can accumulate in the fabric and tossing in bed will release them into the air. :yikes:

sunflowerseed84
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby auntieM » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi hooper,
I know of a doctor in Gleneagles that is quite good.
PM me if you are interested.

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Health