anyone using Whole Body Vibration (WBV) exercise machine?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

anyone using Whole Body Vibration (WBV) exercise machine?

Postby sleepy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:58 pm

Is it good enough as a lazy way of exercising?
Effective in keeping fit?

Trying to exercise without leaving the house :D

http://www.otobodycare.com/sg/english/p ... ADB5D93F94
Last edited by sleepy on Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby e3nity » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:19 pm

I've bought something similar from okgawa.. i was told by the sales girl that it will be effective if i stand on it at least 30minutes a day.. i can even lose my flabby arms.. but end up it din work.. :x

the only thing which i find it usefull is that when i'm having constipation, standing on the machine for 10minutes will ease me in toilet.. :oops:

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby hihikitty » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Complete waste of money, don't buy

hihikitty
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby unity123 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:41 pm

I think working with some light weight is very effective for the arms. for the flabby stomach, need some slow running + daily crunching.

unity123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sleepy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:24 am

Thanks for your feedback :D

I guess no short cut in exercising ...

Any other exercise machine recommendations for couch potato? :wink:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby e3nity » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:26 am

sleepy wrote:Thanks for your feedback :D

My next machine would probably be a treadmil.. perhaps you wana consider that?? AiBi has some nice ones..

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cimman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:40 am

unity123 wrote:I think working with some light weight is very effective for the arms. for the flabby stomach, need some slow running + daily crunching.

not really. Flabby stomach means there's a layer of fat around the area. To cut down on the fat, you need intense exercise that reaches 80% of your maximum heart rate. Forget about the slow running, do sprints.
Typically, it's called HIT, High Intensity Training. This really burns up the fat.

Daily crunching wll help to firm up the abdominals, however, you're not going to see the results because of the layer of fat that covers up your toned abdominals, so you will still look flabby. It's like someone with a good bod wearing loose fitting clothes. Get rid of the fats first.
Last edited by cimman on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cimman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:45 am

sleepy wrote:Thanks for your feedback :D

I recommend a good massage chair for couch potatoes. The fats just gets vibrated out of the body and you can collect it in a pan at the bottom of the chair. Get the models with integrated pans at the bottom for greater convenience.
Thereafter, you can use the fats to fry potato chips.
Don't worry about the oil you're ingesting. Go back to step one again and get the fats vibrated away. Store any unused fats in the freezer compartment to avoid it going rancid.

cimman
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sleepy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:24 am

cimman wrote:I recommend a good massage chair for couch potatoes. The fats just gets vibrated out of the body and you can collect it in a pan at the bottom of the chair. Get the models with integrated pans at the bottom for greater convenience.
Thereafter, you can use the fats to fry potato chips.
Don't worry about the oil you're ingesting. Go back to step one again and get the fats vibrated away. Store any unused fats in the freezer compartment to avoid it going rancid.

Come on, this a forum for sharing. You're welcome if you've constructive input. But is there a need to be so sarcastic :scratchhead:

Anyway my BMI is 20. Did I mention anywhere I have fats to spare for your fries ?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:29 am

e3nity wrote:My next machine would probably be a treadmil.. perhaps you wana consider that?? AiBi has some nice ones..

I'm tempted too :D
Only drawback is the fixed space a threadmil occupies.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health