Does anyone use Nature's Gate's Rainwater Baby Shampoo

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Does anyone use Nature's Gate's Rainwater Baby Shampoo

Postby KingRascal » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:01 pm

My son used it in Nov 08. Within a month his hair became waxy and stiff, a far cry from his usual baby-soft hair! And it was entangled when I combed it after each wash! Have stopped using it

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby smurf » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:36 pm

I think I'm using it too. yup, can be quite waxy and stiff, but I thought that means squeaky clean? :?
Last edited by smurf on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 am

I think when my hair is waxy and stiff = stripped of nutrients and natural oils.

Oh, something came to mind. Squeaky clean! Isn't that applied to dishwashing liquids? :!:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:23 pm

can put conditoner after shampooing?I think the shampoo might be a bit too harsh for kids. :idea:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Nature's Gate's Rainwater Shampoo

Postby KingRascal » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:51 pm

Reason for my asking for feedback:
Currently I have lodged a complaint with them. Here's a summary of the sequence of events-
- Son's hair felt stiff and waxy. The entangled hair made combing very painful for him.
- I wrote to Nature's Gate's USA office's Customer Service
- I was asked to furnish the batch number. They reverted that it has expired and I should discontinue!
- I went down to Guardian Pharmacy where I bought it from to lodge a complaint.
- Investigation was done. And guess what I was told? That the Customer Service rep made a mistake and the product is not expired and could be used. They have offered to send the bottle I bought to the lab for a test (please note that they are sending to THEIR OWN LAB...)
- As a consumer I demanded to be given a written reply on this error and I have asked for evidence that this product is still already for use, be it documentation on shelf life, manufacturing date, etc.
- I was given a reply that USA would not have such a thing as validity date/expiry date, etc. And they commented that they would not provide me a written reply of the erroneous reply given by their customer service rep, in case I use it against them legally...

As a concerned parent and a consumer in Singapore, I have asked Guardian if this is accepted for sale in Singapore.

This has indeed been a very bad experience.

Does anyone know if information on shelf life/validity or expiry date is required for such products like shampoo?

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Nature's Gate's Rainwater Shampoo

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:04 pm

japhys wrote:Reason for my asking for feedback:
Currently I have lodged a complaint with them. Here's a summary of the sequence of events-...

Way to go japhys :ugogirl: ! It's parents like you that lead to the discovery of problems with products such as melamine in milk powder.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Health