Specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend

Postby pqy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:32 am

Hi any specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend?

I was stomach pain frequently and ever fainted because of the severe pain. Recently I just passed out some blood in my bowel. Have consulted doctor at polyclinic, it was not piles. He referred me to colorectal surgery department at government hospital. The appointment was fixed on May. DH advised me to go private hospital for the test instead of waiting.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:19 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend

Postby buzzmum » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:50 am

pqy wrote:Hi any specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend?

I was stomach pain frequently and ever fainted because of the severe pain. Recently I just passed out some blood in my bowel. Have consulted doctor at polyclinic, it was not piles. He referred me to colorectal surgery department at government hospital. The appointment was fixed on May. DH advised me to go private hospital for the test instead of waiting.


Hi, pqy

You may like to visit Dr. Ang Peng Tian (I am not sure if I hv spelt his name correctly cos I only know his chinese name), he is a famous Colorectal Specialist in Mount Elisabeth hospital. Sometimes you can find his articles abt cancer on Straits Times Mind Your Body.

Hope your symptoms is only a false alarm.

buzzmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:43 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend

Postby pqy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:52 am

Tks buzzmum, i really hope it was false alarm. As my kids still very young.
buzzmum wrote:
pqy wrote:Hi any specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend?

I was stomach pain frequently and ever fainted because of the severe pain. Recently I just passed out some blood in my bowel. Have consulted doctor at polyclinic, it was not piles. He referred me to colorectal surgery department at government hospital. The appointment was fixed on May. DH advised me to go private hospital for the test instead of waiting.


Hi, pqy

You may like to visit Dr. Ang Peng Tian (I am not sure if I hv spelt his name correctly cos I only know his chinese name), he is a famous Colorectal Specialist in Mount Elisabeth hospital. Sometimes you can find his articles abt cancer on Straits Times Mind Your Body.

Hope your symptoms is only a false alarm.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:19 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend

Postby buzzmum » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:15 am

[quote="pqy"]Tks buzzmum, i really hope it was false alarm. As my kids still very young.

Hi pqy,

Dont mentioned!

I managed to dig out a brochure i rec'd sometimes ago by Parkway Caner Centre, these are the common symptoms of Colorectal cancer:

- change in bowel habits (diarrhea or constipation)
- feeling that yr bowel does not empty completely
- finding blood (either bright red or very dark) in yr stool
- finding yr stools are narrower than usual
- frequently having gas pains or cramps, or feeling full or bloated
- losing weight with no known reason
- feeling tired all the time
- having nausea or vomiting

May be you can look up for these symptoms.

buzzmum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:43 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend

Postby pqy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:20 am

Dear buzzmum, really appreciated your information. ya will start to monitor my bowel movement and consult the doctor.

buzzmum wrote:
pqy wrote:Tks buzzmum, i really hope it was false alarm. As my kids still very young.

Hi pqy,

Dont mentioned!

I managed to dig out a brochure i rec'd sometimes ago by Parkway Caner Centre, these are the common symptoms of Colorectal cancer:

- change in bowel habits (diarrhea or constipation)
- feeling that yr bowel does not empty completely
- finding blood (either bright red or very dark) in yr stool
- finding yr stools are narrower than usual
- frequently having gas pains or cramps, or feeling full or bloated
- losing weight with no known reason
- feeling tired all the time
- having nausea or vomiting

May be you can look up for these symptoms.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:19 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby sweetpea44 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Not sure if you still need recommendation for specialist in Colorectal.
Try Doctor Goh Hak Su at Gleneagles. He helped me removed my piles 10 over years back and he also did my recent scope test as I thought I was having a relapse. He's nice.

sweetpea44
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:23 pm
Total Likes: 0


Great relief.

Postby pqy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:22 am

Hi tks. I had done my and Gastroscopy and colonoscopy at Mt E by Dr Ho Kok Tong. The report shown nothing serious, just found 2 mild piles. It was great relief for me.

sweetpea44 wrote:Not sure if you still need recommendation for specialist in Colorectal.
Try Doctor Goh Hak Su at Gleneagles. He helped me removed my piles 10 over years back and he also did my recent scope test as I thought I was having a relapse. He's nice.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 192
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:19 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Great relief.

Postby sweetpea44 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:35 pm

pqy wrote:Hi tks. I had done my and Gastroscopy and colonoscopy at Mt E by Dr Ho Kok Tong. The report shown nothing serious, just found 2 mild piles. It was great relief for me.


Phew! Thank goodness! Must take good care from now on yeah?! Must stay strong and healthy for the sake of our young ones! :celebrate:

sweetpea44
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:23 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:04 pm

Any mum did a colonoscopy? Is this part of the general health screening to have when we grow old?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10134
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 am
Total Likes: 23


Re: Specialist in Colorectal Surgery to recommend

Postby lee_yl » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:22 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Any mum did a colonoscopy? Is this part of the general health screening to have when we grow old?


Yes, good to include it as colon cancer is the number 1 killer in Singapore nowadays due to our modern diet.

My dad, mum and DH go for colonoscopy every 2-3yrs. DH started at the age of 35 because of his family history.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4152
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:37 pm
Total Likes: 70


Next

Return to Health