Kids with bad tummy bug

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Kids with bad tummy bug

Postby A1A2 » Fri May 13, 2011 1:07 am

Late night panic. My child, age 5 a doc diagnosed "stomach virus" which comes complete with fever, vomiting and diarrhoea. So do many of his class mates, teachers and friends from different schools and even many friends and family in the UK! (no we haven't had physical contact with UK family/ friends for months!).

I just check MOH website and they had a food poisoning issue with same symptoms - but different school - which had children hospitalised in Singapore. NZ and UK have had a HUGE wave of it (thousands in the UK and hundreds in NZ) in the past few days.

Anyone else out there with sick kids - is this more than food poisoning - or a wave of some new gastro bug? Will be checking with school in the am re if / who they use as caterers. Could also be Mum's Kitchen....not sure.

How many days till they are better? Or did you take them to hospital? Not normally this worried - but concerned it midget be something else. I will also seek medical advice (again) even if it is a late night trip to A&E, or first thing in the morning. Just hoping that it is just the "normal" bug.

Re: Kids with bad tummy bug

Postby tankee » Fri May 13, 2011 9:34 am ... 67888.html

SEVEN children from Pat's Schoolhouse have been hospitalised for food poisoning and another 211 children and seven teachers are ill with related symptoms.

They fell ill after eating food from caterer Mum's Kitchen Catering, whose licence has been temporarily suspended by the National Environmental Agency pending the outcome of the investigations.

NEA and the Ministry of Health (MOH) said in a joint press release on Thursday that the catering company had been fined for lapses in a food poisoning incident in December last year (2010), when 35 people attending a company function came down with diarrhoea and started vomitting.

In this case, the children and teachers from six of the group's 14 centres have come down with symptoms such as diarrhoea, vomitting and fever.........

Site Admin

Return to Health