DRINK WATER ON EMPTY STOMACH

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Re: DRINK WATER ON EMPTY STOMACH

Postby tankee » Fri May 13, 2011 9:08 am

I do believe that it is good to drink plain water on empty stomach after waking up.

And I do believe that it is necessary for everyone to drink sufficient plain water each day.

But I think this article may be overselling the benefits.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Sun_2010 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:26 am

Yes the health benefits are an oversell.

My parents have been doing this for over 15 years and it works very well for them. Main advantage is being able to pass motion properly, thus getting rid of the body toxins and hence promoting health benefits.

The quantity of water is not fixed but depends on individual, and you need to listen to your body. start with small amounts and increase till comfort level. Like my mum takes abt 750ml where as my dad takes 1 litre.

Drinking water on empty stomach is not for everyone. If you have a water retaining body , its a bad idea. My experiment with this: Since I saw the benefits my parents had, I tried it. I struggled, starting from 250ml to then to 500ml. i felt bloated ,a nd unable to eat breakfast till 2 hrs plus. After attempting for 10 days , i gave up. Then on checking with an alternative medicine doc, told me that i had water retention problem and advised me against it.

As with all factors - whats on internet needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. There is no magic cure for illness.

My 2 cents

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Fri May 13, 2011 10:35 am

haha, there are people who drink birdnest on an empty stomach the minute they get up.

that's what the female celebrities in hk are saying. hahaha

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Fri May 13, 2011 10:46 am

I cannot leh. Cannot drink plain water 1st thing in the morning. Dunno why, will end up vomitting. And 4x160ml, that is a lot of water.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm

thats too much of water and isnt it without brushing u drinking so much water then all the germs also going inside along with the water? I didnt understand why must drink before brushing?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Fri May 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Well theoretically speaking. If you brush your teeth before you go to bed, your mouth should still be relatively 'clean' in the morning.

While you are sleeping, your digestive system is still working. So the saliva in your mouth is still working and there will be a build up of supposed 'digestive enzymes and bacteria'. Swallowing this I guess again theoretically speaking should help with digestion and thus the whole host of benefits.

The above is my deduction only lah. No scientific proof. Gasak, gasak only.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby pecalis » Fri May 13, 2011 7:45 pm

I was also told tt drinking water without brushing your teeth helps as you wash the bacteria in your mouth into the stomach and digestive tract, which should be good bacteria, save $ on buying yakult :)

Hubby has been drinking 500ml of water every morning and then clearing his bowels before breakfast. But again, his breakfast is very healthy - 3 types of fresh fruit, plus 3 prunes and 3 scoops of yogurt. No more constipation or piles :)

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Nithan » Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Thanks dear for providing this information about drink water with empty stomach.
I am used to drink water with out eating any thing but I never feel as you mention.
Last edited by Nithan on Sat May 21, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nithan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Tesor » Tue May 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Well it is a wonderful post with full of precious information of water.Thanks for the posting.I agree that water is our need and has lot of benefits.With 12 glasses of water in a day we can reduce weight easily.Drink water in the morning time with empty stomach is also healthy and good for health.

Tesor
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Poonie » Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 pm

I also learnt about this from my granny. Very similar except that only one mug of water is sufficient and must be very warm. I have been doing this since young. It really helps with bowel movement..........comes within 15 mins of downing the mug of warm water. Not too sure if it really prevents all those health issues mentioned. Granny is 90+ now and has been a diabetic. Other than this there are no other health issues.

Poonie
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Health