sanitary pads (ladies only)

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

sanitary pads (ladies only)

Postby LOLMum » Tue May 24, 2011 7:46 am

hi ladies,

i have tried laurier, soft, whisper but i find the pads seem to be thinner and the width narrower compared to previous years. but i do like the longer length.

a narrower width comes with staining problem which i am unsure if any ladies have encountered.

anyone has any other brands to recommend that comes with maybe a wider width but unfortunately there is a limited choice. or any solution to deal with the narrower width to prevent staining.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: sanitary pads (ladies only)

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 am

LOLMum wrote:hi ladies,

i have tried laurier, soft, whisper but i find the pads seem to be thinner and the width narrower compared to previous years. but i do like the longer length.

a narrower width comes with staining problem which i am unsure if any ladies have encountered.

anyone has any other brands to recommend that comes with maybe a wider width but unfortunately there is a limited choice. or any solution to deal with the narrower width to prevent staining.

I haven't had a period in some time coz of pregnancy and breastfeeding! But I used a combination of sofy, Laurier and kotex for the post-partum bleeding. Kotex seems wider than Laurier. You might like to test it out.

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby LOLMum » Tue May 24, 2011 10:07 am

hi thanks for the recommendations. just popped over to the supermarket down the street.

just my luck to find only wingless 24 cm pads. :gloomy:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MummyThreeStreams » Tue May 24, 2011 10:49 am

How did we survive in pre-wing days?! I honestly can't remember!

MummyThreeStreams
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Funz » Tue May 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Tampons

I remember b4 tampons and wings, multiple pads at one time to feel a bit more secure. On top of that, bring along spare panties and check every like 30mins. haha.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LOLMum » Tue May 24, 2011 3:46 pm

i am using sofy and laurier but though i like the length the width is something i have an issue with.

a few friends and i always make sure we sit upstraight , bum flat on seat and not shifting about (which might dislodge the sticky pad) and check and check our skirts/pants.

i tried tampon once and gosh, that one time experience is enough hahha maybe too young at that time.

now my friends' kids are having their period and likewise, they also noted the width is too narrow and absorbent material used is not so good.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CJS » Tue May 24, 2011 10:50 pm

Maybe you can place two pads side by side overlapping each other to achieve the required width. You should use overnight pads even during the day time on heavy days.

CJS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby LOLMum » Tue May 24, 2011 11:04 pm

CJS wrote:Maybe you can place two pads side by side overlapping each other to achieve the required width. You should use overnight pads even during the day time on heavy days.

huh, sorry but side by side :? dont think it is comfortable. :lol:

yeah, we use overnight pads during the day as well.

my friends and i agree that the sides sometimes (well most of the time), tend to press in (as a result of thighs pressing together be it walking or standing or sitting) and the sticky wings (not very sticky) will roll inwards as well thus exposing the panty sides for staining.

tissues is used most times but one must always check your skirts/pants after visiting the toilets. if left unchecked especially in a hurry, hhahaha, you wont like to see the tissues sticking out anywhere. gross.

i hate wearing white or any tight pants/skirts during this period.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DesertWind » Sun May 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Whisper overnight pads with wings on menses days.
I never use the normal ones even with wings, not enough security and too short!

DesertWind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BeContented » Mon May 30, 2011 12:33 am

Personally, I like Whisper.....would use the overnight wing for heavy days.
Have on-off still try other brands but end up, still went back to Whisper cos' I find it drier and able to contain better.

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Health