Brands recall Multi-vitamins

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Brands recall Multi-vitamins

Postby veevee88 » Tue May 31, 2011 9:04 am

The affected multivitamin is called Alpha Tank Chewable multivitamin and minerals. I have called up the hotline and the lady says that we can bring the opened or unopened box to Unity, Watsons or Guardian for refund. No receipts needed.

In light of the recent notification by the Taiwan Department of Health on May 24, 2011 regarding the use of a non-permitted ingredient in the manufacture of food additives, BRAND'S® is voluntarily recalling all batches of our Alpha Tank Chewable Multi Vitamins & Minerals.

BRAND'S® has been advised that DEHP, which is not an approved food ingredient was found in raw materials purchased by Cerebos Taiwan's OEM manufacturer, "Prince Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.". We have therefore taken the precautionary measure of conducting a voluntary recall of the Alpha Tank Chewable Multi Vitamins & Minerals in Singapore.

No other BRAND'S® products distributed in Singapore are affected.

Consumers should stop taking the product and those who have purchased or have in their possession BRAND'S® Alpha Tank Chewable Multi Vitamins & Minerals are advised to exchange them, opened or unopened, for a full refund at:

• the respective retail outlet from which the product was purchased, or
• Antasis Pte Ltd, Block 162, Bukit Merah Central, #06-3545, Singapore 150162
- between 9am and 9pm from Monday to Friday, or 9am and 6pm on Saturdays and Sundays from now till June 3, 2011.
- between 9am and 5pm from Monday to Friday from June 6, 2011 onwards (excluding public holidays).

We reassure the public of our ongoing commitment to provide products that are safe, effective and of high quality.

For further information, please call our Customer Care Line at 1800-7324748 .

veevee88
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Brands recall Multi-vitamins

Postby yqyq » Tue May 31, 2011 4:06 pm

I saw Guardian at Holland V still selling...so irresponsible....

yqyq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby diam0nd-dust » Tue May 31, 2011 6:15 pm

yqyq wrote:I saw Guardian at Holland V still selling...so irresponsible....

i was watching cable taiwan news and it seems to be a big wooha over that side. almost most drinks/beverages are affected and the authorities are conducting random spot checks on shops.

diam0nd-dust
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby pinky » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:13 am

WCW wrote:
diam0nd-dust wrote:
yqyq wrote:I saw Guardian at Holland V still selling...so irresponsible....

i was watching cable taiwan news and it seems to be a big wooha over that side. almost most drinks/beverages are affected and the authorities are conducting random spot checks on shops.

taiwan news is always showing BIG wooha than the real thing

but at least better than those PRC poisoned food incidents where many were covered up by using money and threats and even the police and food inspectors also closed 2 eyes :mad: :mad:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:27 am

Thanks for the info!!!

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:28 am

pinky wrote:
WCW wrote:taiwan news is always showing BIG wooha than the real thing

but at least better than those PRC poisoned food incidents where many were covered up by using money and threats and even the police and food inspectors also closed 2 eyes :mad: :mad:

Yes I agree quite bad :mad: :mad:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsSeah » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:37 am

Oh I feel Brands has very good service. I brought thru their delivery service. On Sunday, they called me to inform me that they will be collecting from me my balance multivitamin and will refund full amounts to me. :) Yesterday, they collected from me and refund me in cash.

MrsSeah
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Honey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:24 pm

So relieved that it is the Blue Box, not the Orange or Green or Purple Box which my kids are taking. So if it is the Blue Box, just return.

Honey
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Honey » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:09 pm

Got. My kids would say for the health (multivits), for the eyes (purple) & for the brain (green) :lol: .

Honey
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Health