Mosquito / Insects Bites

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

mozzy

Postby skirtdressnsuch » Mon May 10, 2010 9:42 pm

My younger daughter is very sensitive to mosquito bites.

A little peck by a mozzy to most of us is just a little reddish bump in the skin.
but she will get a big patch of 'red' with swelling and last for quite a no. of days with blisters forming :!: ............ how?

:pray: :pray: :pray:

no vomiting or diarrhoea of fever just that is it normal in other kids too?

:pray: :?: :pray: :?: :pray: :?: :pray:

skirtdressnsuch
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby thinking » Tue May 11, 2010 9:24 am

U can consult a doctor to get cream to apply and keep for future use.
My boys once get bitten by mos, will have several patches all over but doctor said that it does not mean that the mos bite those places. Children have sensitive blood, that's why it will cause several patches. The cream contains anti-biotic which reduce the swell and itchness fast. But this cream need doctor to prescribe.

thinking
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby skirtdressnsuch » Tue May 11, 2010 11:09 am

thinking wrote:U can consult a doctor to get cream to apply and keep for future use.
My boys once get bitten by mos, will have several patches all over but doctor said that it does not mean that the mos bite those places. Children have sensitive blood, that's why it will cause several patches. The cream contains anti-biotic which reduce the swell and itchness fast. But this cream need doctor to prescribe.

thanks......... but im just a little bit worried coz i dun usually see babies being so sensitive to mozzy bites..........my elder did not go thru this either

skirtdressnsuch
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Funz » Tue May 11, 2010 11:16 am

Not that uncommon. DD has the same reaction to mozzy bites. Swelling and blisters. What more, she is super prone to mozzy bites. So no choice but to make sure that she applies repellant especially in the mornings and evenings.

Quite a few kids in my childcare centres have the same reaction.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby skirtdressnsuch » Tue May 11, 2010 11:20 am

Funz wrote:Not that uncommon. DD has the same reaction to mozzy bites. Swelling and blisters. What more, she is super prone to mozzy bites. So no choice but to make sure that she applies repellant especially in the mornings and evenings.

thanks i feel much better not being the odd one out....... btw, wat is DD?

skirtdressnsuch
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby pokemon » Tue May 11, 2010 2:05 pm

skirtdressnsuch wrote:
Funz wrote:Not that uncommon. DD has the same reaction to mozzy bites. Swelling and blisters. What more, she is super prone to mozzy bites. So no choice but to make sure that she applies repellant especially in the mornings and evenings.

thanks i feel much better not being the odd one out....... btw, wat is DD?

DD- Darling Daughter. Sm kids are very sensitive to mosquitoes, their bites will leave marks for wks, from pink, light red to dark brown...more scratching will lead to pus and weepy wounds. Can apply mopiko or get fm paediatrician, Fulsicort, gd for healing and disinfecting mosquitoes bites.

pokemon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby skirtdressnsuch » Sat May 15, 2010 12:23 am

fulsicot................. :? issit a cream?

skirtdressnsuch
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

My boy got mosquito bites @ nite

Postby dinomon04 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi mommies,

Anyone care to share how to tackle this problem? My son is prone to bronchitis and doctor suggest to turn on fan instead of air-cond @ night.
We live on 25/F but he still got mosquito bites. For us adult, we lit the
mosquito coil but feel it's not good for a 5-year old kid. I turned on the
electric mosquito repellent for him and it doesn't work.

Anyone has some good suggestion to get rid of the mosquitoes?

Many thanks! :D

dinomon04
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schweppes » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:06 pm

I bought this Citronella Body Spray from Perfect Potion for my family. It uses natural ingredients and it's manufactured in Australia. Have been using it for more than 2 years and so far quite happy with the product. Smells nice too. The shop Perfect Potion is located at United Square and Parkway Parade.

Spray all over the body (inc feet) before sleep, wear long PJ pants and get a light/thin blanket to cover the feet if need be. We hardly use air-con for the whole nite, but we do turn on the fans and as mentioned, cover the feet in case the mozzies attack the toes.

There are other brands out there, but so far, I use the Citronella spray as we like it best. It's non sticky too. :D

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schweppes » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:11 pm

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Health