My 5 yrs boy complains of leg pain

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Leg Pain in children

Postby shurley197323 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:33 pm

My p5 girl complain her thigh was pain after last thursday 100m run. And the pain is on & off but more serious early in the morning when she just wake up. The pain had flow to her right foot today. Just went to Polyclinic this morning, doc said it just muscular pain or growing pain.
I thought growing pain occurs during night time only . I really not sure , or maybe she is not the sporty type. Do your child had this before.
Please share.

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Leg Pain in children

Postby markfch » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:39 pm

shurley197323 wrote:I thought growing pain occurs during night time only.

Not really, my P1 ds complains about leg pain (foot) all the time. Sometimes it's day, sometimes night. A quick massage usually makes him feel better.
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CMF » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:41 pm

shurley197323 wrote:My p5 girl complain her thigh was pain after last thursday 100m run. And the pain is on & off but more serious early in the morning when she just wake up. The pain had flow to her right foot today. Just went to Polyclinic this morning, doc said it just muscular pain or growing pain.
I thought growing pain occurs during night time only . I really not sure , or maybe she is not the sporty type. Do your child had this before.
Please share.

You may wish to check whether your DD has flat feet. Previously my DD similarly had leg aches after prolonged exercise. Heard from a colleague that her DS was diagnosed with flat feet, which was causing his leg aches. So I first just DIY and check my DD's feet out myself, by simply just asking her to step with her bare feet in water and looked at her feet imprint. Indeed her feet were flat! Consulted a podiatrist, and she'd insoles fitted and wore them for a couple of years, and her feet are now no longer flat. She also no longer has leg aches.

If required, you may wish to consult The Singapore Foot Centre http://www.sgfootcare.com.sg/

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LKVM » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:58 am

markfch wrote:
shurley197323 wrote:I thought growing pain occurs during night time only.

Not really, my P1 ds complains about leg pain (foot) all the time. Sometimes it's day, sometimes night. A quick massage usually makes him feel better.

Same here :hi5:
:idea: maybe they are not used to physical exercise nowdays :P

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby shurley197323 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:46 am

Thanks for all the advice. I will check her feet tonight.

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby imacsg » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:51 am

Hi
I do not know why, my sons also have this problem. Does your daughter sleep in the air con room. We wear sock to sleep and it help to solve this problem.

You may want to try it.

imacsg
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby shurley197323 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:05 pm

imacsg wrote:Hi
I do not know why, my sons also have this problem. Does your daughter sleep in the air con room. We wear sock to sleep and it help to solve this problem.

You may want to try it.

No. We sleep with the fan on only. This happen only after her last week 100m run. Last time, leg pain only occur once in a few weeks but now everyday.

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Mum1113 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:36 pm

shurley197323 wrote:
imacsg wrote:Hi

You may want to try it.

No. We sleep with the fan on only. This happen only after her last week 100m run. Last time, leg pain only occur once in a few weeks but now everyday.

My toddler also complain (on and off) 'leg pain mummy'....no cause and not sure why, massage and massage helps her a little. Thinking if bring to doctor not sure what can the diagnosis be ?? Or just psychological, need 'sanyang sayang' only :love:

Mum1113
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrswongtuition » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:30 pm

It could also be poor blood circulation due to posture.

Try:
1. Massage
2. Take some isotonic drinks (the electrolytes help to relax the muscles)
3. Get her to exercise on regular basis (can be simple things like walking up and down 1 level)

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

My 5 yrs boy complains of leg pain

Postby pqy » Fri May 13, 2011 10:02 am

My 5 yrs old boy wakes up crying and screaming with one of his leg was pain. Do u think it’s just growing pains or something else. He Should I take him to see doctor? Any parent have any suggestions? This is not his first time complaining about his leg pain. On and off he have such pain during sleeping time at night.

pqy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Health