Child has tonsillitis & fever every month! Any advice?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Child has tonsillitis & fever every month! Any advice?

Postby alekaooi » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:17 am

Hi parents,

Ever since my child attended P1 this year, he came down with tonsillitis and fever (40 deg celcius) every month. In the years before that, he was a healthy child whom was seldom sick and never had 40 deg celcius fever.

We changed the diet to include soup 3 times for dinner a week. Instead of eating fried food during recess, he ate soup noodle. He also drink more than 2 litres of water a day. A blood test was done and leukemia was ruled out. Doctor said if he continues to have frequent tonsillitis problem, we may want to consider having his tonsil removed.

Any parent with similar experiences? Pls share. :thankyou:

:?: :?: :?:

alekaooi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Child has tonsillitis & fever every month! Any advice?

Postby cherrygal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 am

You may want to check out TCM coz people with frequent sore throats and fevers belong to the Heaty constitution. You must know the right type of cooling or neutral soups or drinks to boil instead of giving him heaty tonic soups.

Try making the luohanguo with xiagucao tea (add black sugar) or chrysanthemum with shihu (add honey). Don't put dried longans or red dates in your soups coz they are heaty. All ingredients must be in measured proportion. You cannot put a lot of chrysanthemum flowers thinking it's cooling. Some cooling teas cannot be boiled too long as it could bring about the opposite effect.

Best is to ask any staff in Hockhua or ZTP.

And barley water isn't good for people with coughs or phlegm.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cherrygal » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:29 am

Oh yes, you can also try giving Redoxon on the onset of any sore throats (when it's scratchy). My sore throats usually go away after I take a glass of Redoxon.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby superduperks » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:35 am

Yeah, I had this experience too when my gal was in kindy, only after mths of observation than I realized and recalled I shouldn't have given her daily biscuit as morning snack, just becoz she loves it. Then, yes, TCM is my effective solution to bring my DD back to normal life. Try this.

superduperks
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby silverhorse » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:56 am

superduperks wrote:Yeah, I had this experience too when my gal was in kindy, only after mths of observation than I realized and recalled I shouldn't have given her daily biscuit as morning snack, just becoz she loves it. Then, yes, TCM is my effective solution to bring my DD back to normal life. Try this.

Yes, my cousin's tonsillitis was cured through TCM too. Now, he's in his late teens and no more problem.

silverhorse
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby i3mum » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Is TCM really the best remedy? I heard of going for surgery to remove the tonsillitis. Does it work?

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ordinarymum » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:46 pm

I don't think it is advisable to go for surgery when they are so young. My middle child was frequently sick. We also tried TCM and also codliver oil and vitamins. I don't know which one worked but she is ok now.

ordinarymum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby felizbebe » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:51 pm

I know of a TCM clinic at Havelock road that provides herbal steaming therapy which is suppose to be very effective to eliminate inflammation for nose, throat, tonsil and upper respiratory tract. If you are looking for natural and non-invasive treatment for such problems for your kids, this might be a good option.

felizbebe
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Health