IUCD removal

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

IUCD removal

Postby purple05 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:50 am

Hi all,

Anyone experienced? Is it painful? Understand removal can be done at polyclinics but I think I shd go to KK Womens clinic...

purple05
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: IUCD removal

Postby carebear » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:32 pm

purple05 wrote:Hi all,

Anyone experienced? Is it painful? Understand removal can be done at polyclinics but I think I shd go to KK Womens clinic...


No problem, easily removed during day 2-3 of menstruation as during that time, the cervix is slightly dilated.
Inserting it may be a little uncomfortable, but removing it should not be a problem. Any GP or polyclinic should be able to remove it.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: IUCD removal

Postby purple05 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:36 am

I was told by a nurse from KKH the best time to remove is during menses, but won't it be "messy" / paiseh(to do removal at this time?), wat if it's a male doc?!
Is it painful? She also told me no 麻醉药 will be given, ask me to take painkiller before gg to the hospital (=.=)lll

GP does it too?! Wat's the charges? Most womens' clinic & KKH charge around $200+for consultation + removal. Btw, do i need to be accompanied by another adult, just like day surgery? Or I can go alone & walk as usual after the procedure?

purple05
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: IUCD removal

Postby e3nity » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:00 pm

purple05 wrote:I was told by a nurse from KKH the best time to remove is during menses, but won't it be "messy" / paiseh(to do removal at this time?), wat if it's a male doc?!
Is it painful? She also told me no 麻醉药 will be given, ask me to take painkiller before gg to the hospital (=.=)lll

GP does it too?! Wat's the charges? Most womens' clinic & KKH charge around $200+for consultation + removal. Btw, do i need to be accompanied by another adult, just like day surgery? Or I can go alone & walk as usual after the procedure?


I got mine removed at the polyclinic.. There is slight discomfort.. I removed it at the 4-5day of my mens.. According to the doctors, during mens the womb is 'softer' so when they expand the cervix to remove the IUCD, it is not as painful.. Based on self experience, the removal of the IUCD is like a less than 1minute process.. It costed about $30 to hav it removed.. Btw its 2years ago alrdy.. don't know if the price increased.. :lol:

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: IUCD removal

Postby carebear » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:44 pm

purple05 wrote:I was told by a nurse from KKH the best time to remove is during menses, but won't it be "messy" / paiseh(to do removal at this time?), wat if it's a male doc?!
Is it painful? She also told me no 麻醉药 will be given, ask me to take painkiller before gg to the hospital (=.=)lll

GP does it too?! Wat's the charges? Most womens' clinic & KKH charge around $200+for consultation + removal. Btw, do i need to be accompanied by another adult, just like day surgery? Or I can go alone & walk as usual after the procedure?


Yup during menses cervix slightly dilated so easier to remove.
A bit messy but ok.
Male doc also nebbermind cos it is his job mah.
No need any form of sedation, and yes like e3nity said very fast to remove. The doctor just needs to pull it out with a forceps.
You can go alone.
You can walk normally after the procedure.
Btw, insertion is more complicated than removal so do not worry.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: IUCD removal

Postby purple05 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Ok! Thanks for the advice, will remove soon, wanna have a Dragon baby next yr :)

purple05
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: IUCD removal

Postby e3nity » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:04 pm

my only problem after i remove my IUCD is that my mens stop coming for a year..

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: IUCD removal

Postby purple05 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:18 pm

oh my, how come? Did you check with doctor/gynae?

purple05
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: IUCD removal

Postby carebear » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:29 pm

e3nity wrote:my only problem after i remove my IUCD is that my mens stop coming for a year..


Removing IUCD should not cause absence of menses.
You should check with your gynaecologist if you do not have menses.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: IUCD removal

Postby e3nity » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:25 pm

carebear wrote:
e3nity wrote:my only problem after i remove my IUCD is that my mens stop coming for a year..


Removing IUCD should not cause absence of menses.
You should check with your gynaecologist if you do not have menses.


I check with my gynecologist.. they told me its rather common to miss my menses for a year some even longer.. it depends on the body.. Some do hav regular menses aft they remove the IUCD.. so its more to individual..

e3nity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 532
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Health