Lotion for After Swimming Lesson

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Lotion for After Swimming Lesson

Postby bee8250 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:46 am

Hi,

My son just attended twice the swimming lesson, however, discover the skin on his nose seem like got some 'pimples'. :?

I did apply sunblock for him before the lesson and baby lotion after bathing.

Would like to know is there any lotion that can prevent his skin from having those 'Pimples'

Thank you.

bee8250
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mintcc » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:45 pm

we use Neutrogena Dry Touch. So far so good. NO pimples for me or DS..

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Lotion for After Swimming Lesson

Postby bubblesnsplashes » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:51 pm

bee8250 wrote:Hi,

My son just attended twice the swimming lesson, however, discover the skin on his nose seem like got some 'pimples'. :?

Would like to know is there any lotion that can prevent his skin from having those 'Pimples'

Thank you.

Do you mean freckles?

"Freckles are flat, tanned circular spots that typically are the size of the head of a common nail. The spots are multiple and may develop randomly on the skin, especially after repeated exposure to sunlight. These are particularly common in people of fair complexion on upper-body skin areas like the cheeks, nose, arms, and upper shoulders. They may appear on people as young as age 1 or 2.

Most freckles on a person's skin are usually uniform in color. On different people, freckles may vary somewhat in color -- they may be reddish, yellow, tan, light brown, brown, or black -- but they are basically slightly darker than the surrounding skin. They tend to become darker and more apparent after sun exposure and lighten in the winter months. Freckles are due to an increase in the amount of dark pigment called melanin and are not due to an increase in the total number of pigment-producing cells called melanocytes." quoted from http://www.medicinenet.com/freckles/article.htm

bubblesnsplashes
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Lotion for After Swimming Lesson

Postby san76 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:15 pm

bee8250 wrote:Hi,

Thank you.

Dear Bee8250,

That is the oil sebum. No worries. When my boy was a toddler, I have the same thing happen, I brought him to pediatrician. Its common in kids, It will goes off after sometime thats what the doc says. He did ask me to use a more fluid sunblock and easy on the face not too much.

Try this brand, sun play. You can get from watson or supermarket. Small red bottle.

I used a highest SPF because he swimming lesson is noon time.

I heard many people saying sun block will clog the pores, how true it is I really dont know. So, I used a soft hand towel to wash his face after his swim. 8)

I use

san76
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

is the lotion safe for sensitive skin?

Postby mother_teresa » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:52 pm

my niece has quite bad ecezma...this lotion is it hypo-allergenic or something? n what's the pimple? freckles ah?

mother_teresa
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Health