How to call for Ambulance

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

How to call for Ambulance

Postby UncleLim » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:09 pm

I just want to share a few tips about what to do should you experience a medical emergency in your home, and need to call for an ambulance.

- Firstly the number to call is 995, not 999 (and also definitely not 911). So get it right the first time so you won't experience delays talking to the wrong person.

- When you get through on the phone, tell the operator what is the nature of the medical emergency. Do not tell long stories or give complicated medical histories. Just say "My son fell down and is unconscious." or "My mother had a heart attack."

- Tell the operator your name and your mobile number in case you missed out some vital information and they have to get back to you.

- Tell the operator your address and also describe the location of your home. Eg. "ABC condo, enter by Lobby 6", "My block is a row of 2-storey shophouses" , "It is a terrace house at the end of XYZ road".

- Send a family member or neighbour to the nearest road or car park entrance to wait for the ambulance crew. No use having so many people crowding around doing nothing.

- If you live in a landed house, get someone to drive your car or cars out from the driveway so that the ambulance can come right to your door.

- And alway remember the ambulance will always take you and your loved one to the nearest public hospital. This is the protocol. So do not argue with them and let them do their job.

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: How to call for Ambulance

Postby pair » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:31 pm

Very useful tips,i would like to say that please pay attention on this that do not arguing with ambulance staff at all and cooperate with them.

pair
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Herbie » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 pm

I hv called an ambulance once and the
ambulance couldn't find the location
cos we were at some ulu place at
sembawang.

So uncle lim yr tips is indeed very useful.

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fightingmom » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Keep a cool head :cool:

fightingmom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peterch » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:11 pm

:goodpost:

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Mdm Koh » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 pm

This is not a tip, but if the paramedics say that they are taking the patient to "Hotel 1", do not be alarmed. It refers to SGH.

Mdm Koh
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Health