Children with sweaty palms and soles

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.
MJ2009
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Children with sweaty palms and soles

Post by MJ2009 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:42 pm

GavinB13 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:40 pm
Effective treatments abound for children with heavy sweating in the hands and feet
https://www.mdedge.com/pediatrics/artic ... -hands-and
Thanks @GavinB13, read the article. what does it mean by "greater risk of systemic absorption in children" and the specific age for children mentioned in the article wld b 12 & below i suppose?

Article oso introduced similar product as Dermadry, jus tat it is patented in US and require doc prescription to purchase. Interesting.

I tried home remedies obtained fm Mr Google - apple cidar vinegar (almost emptied the whole bot for one soak treatment of hands and feet), can see effect for that moment only, nxt day bk to normal. i wld think he'll have to do it 2/3 times a day to see results. one bot ranges abt $13-$16. next, i tried using baking soda to do the same, not effective at all.

So i guess, we'll need to gv the machine a go this time, better than injection/ surgery, isnt it 😅

MJ2009
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MJ2009 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:34 am

Just thought to update, we finally decide to invest in Dermadry during CB period, it does improve in my child's case, if he does it regularly as per guide given. If anyone plans to give it a try for yourself or your child, there are several reviews online that you can read about first. Item can also be paid on installment by the way. Below is a USD60 discount code to share with you if you are interested to purchase. [Admin: Please feel free to remove this post if not appropriate, thank you]

SHAREBDNH2J8V

If you would like more feedback on my child's experiences, feel free to drop me a pm.

Czeec80
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Czeec80 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:39 am

Excessive Sweating in Children – A Parent’s Guide
https://pediatrixmd.com/excessive-sweat ... nts-guide/

MJ2009
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MJ2009 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:06 pm

Czeec80 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:39 am
Excessive Sweating in Children – A Parent’s Guide
https://pediatrixmd.com/excessive-sweat ... nts-guide/
Thanks for the link, Czeec, read similar article from another member along the same thread.

PapaTim14
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by PapaTim14 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:45 pm

I'm following, my kid experience excessive sweaty palms but not with his soles. He mostly experience this randomly

Jinesh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Jinesh » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 am

My daughter is 11 and she has had hyperhidrosis since birth. It only affects her palms and the soles of her feet. She's always been self-conscious about it, and I've tried lots of different remedies. Her doctor prescribed a roll-on type of gel to stop the sweating in her palms and feet, but it is such a hassle to use, we don't bother. You actually have to apply it before bedtime, then wrap the hands and feet in gauze, then cover with plastic. Wtf?

Every time I hold her hand sh'es embarrassed because her hands are soaking wet. When she does homework she has to get up and wash and dry https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/ her hands several times. It's very frustrating to her. She's worried she will never get to have a boyfriend, because every time she'll hold hands with him, her palms will be soaking wet. I feel terrible for her, and I have never known anyone personally who has this problem.

Anyways, I understand there is a very minor, hardly invasive surgery available for this, wherein the doctor makes a small incision between two of the rids, and basically snips and cauterizes the nerve that triggers this sweating. Anyone ever do this? I'm a little worried, and I've told her for years that we will consider the surgery only as a last resort, and only after puberty.
Last edited by Jinesh on Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnneS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by AnneS » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:06 pm

Do oral medications actually work?

MJ2009
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MJ2009 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:25 pm

Jinesh wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:11 am
My daughter is 11 and she has had hyperhidrosis since birth. It only affects her palms and the soles of her feet. She's always been self-conscious about it, and I've tried lots of different remedies. Her doctor prescribed a roll-on type of gel to stop the sweating in her palms and feet, but it is such a hassle to use, we don't bother. You actually have to apply it before bedtime, then wrap the hands and feet in gauze, then cover with plastic. Wtf?

Every time I hold her hand sh'es embarrassed because her hands are soaking wet. When she does homework she has to get up and wash and dry https://speedtest.vet/ https://vidmate.bid/ her hands several times. It's very frustrating to her. She's worried she will never get to have a boyfriend, because every time she'll hold hands with him, her palms will be soaking wet. I feel terrible for her, and I have never known anyone personally who has this problem.

Anyways, I understand there is a very minor, hardly invasive surgery available for this, wherein the doctor makes a small incision between two of the rids, and basically snips and cauterizes the nerve that triggers this sweating. Anyone ever do this? I'm a little worried, and I've told her for years that we will consider the surgery only as a last resort, and only after puberty.
My ds is 13yo, it's during CB period that i saw how bad his sweaty palm and feet were (he finds it slippery at times), can't be sure if puberty has worsen it. I tried apple vinegar cider, soaked for around 20mins each for hands & feet, lasted only for a night, with wrinkled skins. one big bot costs ard $13 or so, calculating on the cost i hv to purchase the bots, and not knowing now long it will take to reduce the sweat, i gave up.

Dh saw Dermadry and i read up abt this pdt, quite alot of good testimonies. Like you, I am not inclined for any surgery (at all). So we invested in the machine (can be by installment). It works well tho, but child has to be diligent to do it. Ds started with alternate days and aft abt 3 wks, sweat glands was greatly reduced, hv to maintain regularly tho (ie at least once a wk) aft sweaty palms and feet improve.

But I'm not sure if the effectiveness is subjected to individual's response to it ya. I am given a referral code which gives $60 discount, pm me if you are interested. Sometimes the website has good promo too.