Still feel sleepy despite sufficient sleep?

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

Still feel sleepy despite sufficient sleep?

Postby Silhouette » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:42 pm

I'm in Sec 2 this year, and I usually have the luxury of sleeping for around 8 hours (1030 - 630), unlike my classmates. However, I appear to be much sleepier than those who have 5-7 hours of sleep. I don't wake up in the middle of the night much.

Can someone help me? Thanks!

Silhouette
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Still feel sleepy despite sufficient sleep?

Postby Augmum » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Silhouette wrote:I'm in Sec 2 this year, and I usually have the luxury of sleeping for around 8 hours (1030 - 630), unlike my classmates. However, I appear to be much sleepier than those who have 5-7 hours of sleep. I don't wake up in the middle of the night much.

Can someone help me? Thanks!

U are fortunate to have 8 hrs of sleep despite being in sec school.
feedback fr my gal's schoolmates, they hardly have 6 hrs of sleep...
even at 1-2 a.m , still can find pupils online discussing schoolwork. :wink: :evil:

Vitamins and minerals defficiency can lead to fatigue.
U can take
- multi-vitamin and minerals supplement along with a wel-balanced diet.....
-Vit B complex helps to fight fatigue
-drink enough water
-Ginseng and bee pollen are energy boosters too
- exercises

for chronic tiredness, it's best to get a thorough body checkup by a doc to rule out any illness.

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Enbin » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:56 pm

Take chicken essence every morning.. it helps.

Enbin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SHMILYLOVE » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:23 am

Hi

You can try taking an apple in the morning. :) An apple is reported to have more caffeine than coffee and tea :)

SHMILYLOVE
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BlurBee » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:11 am

SHMILYLOVE wrote:Hi

You can try taking an apple in the morning. :) An apple is reported to have more caffeine than coffee and tea :)

:shock: U sure?

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Silhouette » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Not sure about that. I know apple has more starch, so it'll be converted to glucose and be used as energy.

My 'sleepiness' isn't an everyday thing. I discovered a pattern, though not very consistent. How tired I am the next day depends on what I do the night before.

If I decide to cram a lot of notes the day before, I tend to be very sleepy the next day.

Silhouette
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sall » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:30 pm

SHMILYLOVE wrote:Hi

I think apples don't contain caffeine at all. But they are packed with so much goodness that they can help you to be more alert compared to tea or coffee.

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sall » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:34 pm

Be careful when taking vit B supplement. If the urine becomes bright yellow, that means you have more than enough vit B in your system and the body is execreting the excess through the urine. Too much vit B can cause damages to the organs too.
vit B plays an essential role in the metabolism of food into energy, and the healthy functioning of the nervous system. So those with extreme fatigue can try taking vit B supplements. :smile:

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby worriedmumz » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:52 pm

I sleep late at night due to work (about 3 am) and wake up at 9 am. I used to sleep 6 hours in the past but nowadays I feel more and more tired. I find that I get more stressed up and end up scolding my kids more. Can somebody suggest what I can take or do? I have been taking all kinds of multi-vitamins and I drink lots of water. For the time being, there is no way I can sleep earlier so sleeping more is not an option.

worriedmumz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby UncleLim » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:22 am

How about setting aside some time a day to do some physical exercise? The exertion might improve the quality of your sleep. When I was a student, my friends and I used to go jogging at night after studying together as a group.

UncleLim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Health