About Puberty - Boys

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

About Puberty - Boys

Postby Sushiqueen » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi Parents

Can share about your DS puberty ... how did you handle him and help him through during ... I just found out my DS 13 had started to masturbate :oops:
Spending so much time in the toliet ... :censored:
Exam period can revise halfway then disappear and stay in the toliet for ages !
I am in a mixed up feeling ... sign not my baby DS anymore not the pure sweet pie like before ...
Can you share share here... :nailbite: can tell me more so that I can be more understanding or tolerants ... :nailbite:

Sushiqueen
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: About Puberty - Boys

Postby Enbin » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Part of growing up. Talk to him openly.

Enbin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Carrot » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:41 am

How long to take boys to settle down from this stage ? Already openly chat about it ... What more will come from boys?

Carrot
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ccgoh » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Maybe you could watch the shows he likes or bring him out to do sports? And then have mother to son talk, he may be more open when you are doing things that he enjoys together.

ccgoh
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby BeContented » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:21 am

Errr.....I think I still a bit 'traditional/conservative' :oops: , hence not sure how to bring up or how to be open about it. How? But I want to learn more so that I can guide DS too. Do look forward to some sharing from experienced parents here. :wink:

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:08 am

Why only Mothers are concerned? Fathers are boys once. should get your husband's views/insights. :evil:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Sushiqueen » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:07 pm

My hubby also did talk to our DS. But I cannot just throw the issue all to him as we often out station. We really need your more input here from parents to share your growing up DS. Any behaviour we must watch out for ?

Sushiqueen
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Enbin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:08 am

check his computer to see waht sorts of website he visit. You be surprise that he is surfing some undesire website. If so, you better have a good talk with him.

Enbin
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby averagejoe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:58 pm

What I do with my son is that I started communicating with him much earlier, when he was in P4, basic birds & bees stuff. My wife & I took him to the bookstores to choose some books for his general reading abt growing up and puberty. We did address the topic on masturbating and it was very awkward and nerve wrecking for both adults-my wife got 'stage fright' halfway through our talk with him-but we educated him that it's a natural process of growing up and learning to accept the changes our bodies go through. That said, there's lots of good literature in Kinokuniya for both parents and kids on sex ed.

Hope this helps!

averagejoe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby HappieNewbie123 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:59 pm

hi, is there a topic on girls puberty?? Need help urgently!!

HappieNewbie123
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Health