All About Dental

A healthy body is most important for any child or adult. Discuss all issues related to health in this forum.

All About Dental

Postby quixation » Thu May 29, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi, any one can recommend a good peadiatric dentist in the east?

quixation
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Good peadiatric dentist in the east

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:28 pm

quixation wrote:Hi, any one can recommend a good peadiatric dentist in the east?

Is it serious? I had to send my son to the National Dental Centre in Outram Park when he was 4yo due to tooth decay caused by all the sweet medication that he took for his whooping cough at night. They had to remove 2 of his milk teeth under GA. It's not fun at all to have him wake up all dazed after the operation. So make sure your kids rinse their mouth after taking medication at night.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby quixation » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:04 am

oh no no, chief, just wanna know if there is peadiatric dentist in the east so we dont have to travel to Camden for a good one.. anyway, I bought my gal to my dentist when I went for my appt.. she just got her 2 incisors so I am starting my oral hygiene education...let her get use to visiting dentist.. so far so good... but my dentist says there is only abt 10 dentist specialized in peadiatric dentistry coz its another 3-4 years of specified studies even after they are certified dentist..hmm no wonder they costs so much...

quixation
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mum2Gals » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:56 am

Hey Chief Kiasu, I just brought my 4 year old to the dentist. The dentist said she has a very bad tooth decay and suggested doing a filling. He then advised that this might actually accelerate the process in terms of exposing the nerve and bringing on the pain i.e. she might start to feel pain after the filling and if that happens, she will need a root canal treatment!!
All this sounds abit scary. Any advice on what we should do ?

Mum2Gals
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

should extract the baby tooth out?

Postby amylqf » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:32 pm

[Moderator's Note: Topics merged.]

I heard from different source. some dentist said must remove the bb teeth otherwise the new teeth will not grow properly in place. other dentist said no need to worry, as the teeth will move inside the mouth. once the bb teeth drop out by itself, the permanent teeth will move back to its place.

I don't know who to believe, liao.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby caroline3sg » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:54 pm

You don't extract teeth for no reason, right?

Even adult teeth would move (if there is one missing, to spread out).

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:02 pm

my nephew's dentist said must extract.
my son's dentist said no need.
but when the tooth is shaky, we just encourage the kid to shake it.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: should extract the baby tooth out?

Postby 2bbtang » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:25 pm

amylqf wrote:I heard from different source. some dentist said must remove the bb teeth otherwise the new teeth will not grow properly in place. other dentist said no need to worry, as the teeth will move inside the mouth. once the bb teeth drop out by itself, the permanent teeth will move back to its place.

I don't know who to believe, liao.

Hi!

I encountered the same problem as you.

I bring to 1st dentist...he insists that it should be extract out. Cos' the new tooth grow just right behind the baby tooth. But Baby tooth shows no sign or "movement" yet.

The Dentist keep persuaded me to do it..However, I just don't feel good. So I go for another dentist 2nd opinion. at GPA @ Novena. So I told the entire story to the Dentist, he examine my boy and told me that according to his experience and recommendation, he does not recommend me to extract the tooth out cos' he say, its the same "logic" as fruit. If the fruit is not ripe yet, why should you pluck it out? He told me, that the baby tooth is slightly shaking, so just recommended my boy to "shake" it as and when...so it will start to signal to the brain and soon in a few months time, the baby tooth will dropped by it self...Then the NEW tooth will soon move to the right place.

I asked the same question... who is right?
3 person tells me the same answer. The person who do not want to earn your money will have your son's best interests.

So, now..my son's baby tooth is slightly more shaking...so I guess it will be pretty soon.

Hope this help!

2bbtang
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby meredith84 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi,

Just want to share the information. Last week my sister went to Specialized Dental Group with her son. The doctors and the staffs were friendly and nice, the services was great too. Don't know about the charges for the services but will PM you for details whether you want to know more about that place and hope it help..

meredith84
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby megbryan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Today, I brought DS (2.5 yrs old) to have his dental checkup with pedaetric dentist in KKH . DS has numerous cavaties and slight gum infection. The doctor recommend to fix it under GA and charges is estimated $3000!!!!!!?????

Any mums -
1. know how I should go about to get subsided charged in KKH?
2. has similar experience? What are your charges like?

I am so heartache that my DS oral health is in such condition

megbryan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Health